Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,065 Posts

Default Re: Dawg Pound among top 5 landing spots for Michael Vick in 2013?

double post
    Last edited by col63onel; 01-03-2013 at 09:34 PM.
    The Wine and Gold Knight Rises

Thanks
    Thanked 16,815 Times in 3,931 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    The guy did his time I don't see how something that's in the past and has nothing to do with football is being brought up so much. I get that he is average but Weeden isn't going to be above average either. At least he adds a new dynamic with his legs to the offense.

And who gives a fuck if the mainstream media wants to jab at us because of it? We are the browns, we have been getting ripped on for years. What's another year of it going to do? It's not like he is the future, it's just a stop gap. Throw him a two-year incentive based contract.
    The guy did his time I don't see how something that's in the past and has nothing to do with football is being brought up so much. I get that he is average but Weeden isn't going to be above average either. At least he adds a new dynamic with his legs to the offense.

And who gives a fuck if the mainstream media wants to jab at us because of it? We are the browns, we have been getting ripped on for years. What's another year of it going to do? It's not like he is the future, it's just a stop gap. Throw him a two-year incentive based contract.
    He hasn't played over 13 games in a season since 2006, so be ready to see Colt for at least 3 of those games.

His #'s have been on the decline over the past 3 seasons.

He's a turnover machine & has always been one.

He's 32 years old and has taken 10 seasons of NFL hits on his body.

Yes, their line sucked last season. However, he was sacked 2.8 times per game. That # is way up from 2011 (1.8), but is identical to 2010 (2.83), when he had a QB Rating of 100.2. So what was the difference between that season & 2012?

He's also been sacked more at other points in his career (3.1 per game in '04, 2.81 in '06).

His # of 20+ yd runs have gone from 8 to 5 to 1. His rushing TD have gone from 9 to 1 to 1. His 1st down % on runs have gone from 38.0% to 36.8% to 32.3%. His 5.4 YPC were his lowest since '09 (when he only had 24 attempts) and the 2nd lowest of his career.

The thing that makes him so "dynamic" is his legs, and he's now an injury, turnover prone, 32 year old QB whose legs won't get him out of as many messes as they used to.

At least Weeden could improve by being put in a better position to succeed. Vick is what he is at this point in his career, and it's nothing special.
    Last edited by MoFlo; 01-03-2013 at 10:57 PM.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MoFlo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by col63onel View Post
    Vick is average at best and on the decline. Weeden at least has some room for growth.
    Yeah he already had his growth,old ass...

Weeden is no where near a QB who is ready to win a playoff game...

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,221 Times in 1,378 Posts

Had a higher QB rating than Weeden last year. Then again, so did Nick Foles...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,065 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgm405 View Post
    Had a higher QB rating than Weeden last year. Then again, so did Nick Foles...
    Also had Andy Reid coaching him.....and had Jeremy Maclin and Desean Jackson.
    The Wine and Gold Knight Rises

7. The Following User Says Thank You to col63onel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,265 Times in 569 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nw220 View Post
    Weeden is no where near a QB who is ready to win a playoff game...
    Vick hasn't won a playoff game since January 2005, nearly three years before he went to prison.

And although Weeden is 29, he should still see improvement as he gains NFL experience. I would rather pay Brandon Weeden $2 million per year than whatever it would take to sign Michael Vick. (He made $12.5 million last year, although I don't see him making that again, he should make significantly more than Weeden.)

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Hill For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The guy did his time I don't see how something that's in the past and has nothing to do with football is being brought up so much.
    It's just different people's personal views. Personally, I don't want to root for a guy who I think is a scumbag. (I wasn't too high on the Brett Myers signing because he slaps around his wife.) But I realize that's different for everyone. I'm not saying you have to hate Michael Vick, too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,698 Times in 809 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Hill View Post
    It's just different people's personal views. Personally, I don't want to root for a guy who I think is a scumbag. (I wasn't too high on the Brett Myers signing because he slaps around his wife.) But I realize that's different for everyone. I'm not saying you have to hate Michael Vick, too.
    So, you'd feel better if the Browns won a Super Bowl with Weeden over a guy like Vick?
    *Hot Topics*RCF FAQDonate to RCF!

- RCF All-Time Rank : posts #35 rep #44 -

Thanks
    Thanked 7,947 Times in 2,518 Posts

If by "Like Weeden" you mean someone that at least appears to be of a high moral fiber and stays out of trouble, yes.

Otherwise:

Some people will never move on from what Vick did to those dogs. Why do you think felons have a hard time getting a job even after they served their time? People care about what you've done in the past.

Personally, I'll root for anyone that can win freaking games. I rooted for Albert Belle after he tried to run kids down in his car, I rooted for John Freaking Rocker when he came to the Indians...

JUST WIN DAMMIT

Thanks

People care about the wrong things. They need to start caring about the right things.

JUST WIN IS RIGHT

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Mar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,737 Times in 5,439 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigMar Lion View Post
    People care about the wrong things. They need to start caring about the right things.

JUST WIN IS RIGHT
    Thank God we have you here to remind people what they should be caring about.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Thank God we have you here to remind people what they should be caring about.
    I'm sorry....I'm only looking at this from a standpoint of winning super bowls......pardon me

PS - I choose to thank Allah...or do I?

PPS - There are those who want Vick or are enticed by the idea of Vick coming here, and there are those who don't want him to come here.

My arguement is simple. Vick gives you a much better chance of winning a superbowl now and in the future than Weeden does.

Do I think Vick gives us a better chance in the future over a guy like Alex Smith or Vince Young or someone else? I don't know......I'm willing to part ways with Weeden from what I've seen of a soon to be 30 year old 2nd year quarterback.
    Last edited by Lord Mar; 01-04-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 681 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoFlo View Post
    He hasn't played over 13 games in a season since 2006, so be ready to see Colt for at least 3 of those games.

His #'s have been on the decline over the past 3 seasons.

He's a turnover machine & has always been one.

He's 32 years old and has taken 10 seasons of NFL hits on his body.

Yes, their line sucked last season. However, he was sacked 2.8 times per game. That # is way up from 2011 (1.8), but is identical to 2010 (2.83), when he had a QB Rating of 100.2. So what was the difference between that season & 2012?

He's also been sacked more at other points in his career (3.1 per game in '04, 2.81 in '06).

His # of 20+ yd runs have gone from 8 to 5 to 1. His rushing TD have gone from 9 to 1 to 1. His 1st down % on runs have gone from 38.0% to 36.8% to 32.3%. His 5.4 YPC were his lowest since '09 (when he only had 24 attempts) and the 2nd lowest of his career.

The thing that makes him so "dynamic" is his legs, and he's now an injury, turnover prone, 32 year old QB whose legs won't get him out of as many messes as they used to.

At least Weeden could improve by being put in a better position to succeed. Vick is what he is at this point in his career, and it's nothing special.
    I wont ignore your facts/objective analysis. I will say this though: Weeden may not have NFL hits from the years but he has just as much wear and tear on his arm.

Agree to disagree? I don't refute mike's decline. But i guess all I'm saying is I would rather roll with Vick if we land Chip.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MGMT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigMar Lion View Post
    My arguement is simple. Vick gives you a much better chance of winning a superbowl now and in the future than Weeden does.
    OK, please show your work. This thread is full of numbers to show how Vick is an average QB at best. I would like to see some evidence that supports him being a Super Bowl QB.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Hill View Post
    OK, please show your work. This thread is full of numbers to show how Vick is an average QB at best. I would like to see some evidence that supports him being a Super Bowl QB.
    I don't have that evidence because whatever evidence I show is not going to support your hypothesis of Vick being an average QB at best.

I continue to argue that the Setting (team) plays a large roll in the Set (player). I've supported my argument with a bunch of different facts and ideas throughout the thread and I have no urge to do so again.

I want Vick over Weeden.

Ask yourself this question:

Which of these sentences is more likely to be spoken from Chip Kelly?

I want Vick as my QB

I want Weeden as my QB

?
    Last edited by Lord Mar; 01-04-2013 at 01:42 PM.