Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: gun control

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 2,285 Posts

Default Re: gun control

Quote Originally Posted by The Man Called X View Post
    You're on disability, and you couldn't manage your money. PROBABLY NOT THE FIRST PERSON THAT SHOULD BE OWNING A GUN.

And BigMar, I disarmed myself to alleviate any anxiety my fiancee had with me owning a firearm. She has her reasons for not liking guns, and I respected those reasons. And despite my mental health issues, I'm legally still eligible to own my guns and have my CCW.

But nowhere did I claim you were an invincible with a CCW. There's no superhero that's invincible.
    so basically. you got rid of your guns so now noone should have them ?

Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,582 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    so basically. you got rid of your guns so now noone should have them ?
    Where in the world did he say that? He said he disarmed himself, that's all.

Also, 5,000,000 violent crimes in a year. Let that number set in, 5 million. In a year! That's 570 violent crimes every hour. Obviously not all of those are gun related, but what does that say about our society/culture.

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 2,285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Man Called X View Post
    You know it's funny, the vast majority of people I see that fight for gun ownership rights tend to be ones that have never served in any armed services. I know very few if any one that I served with that is ready to spout off all the statistics about the safety of gun owners etc. But a whole lot of wannabe militiamen with more guns than sense will be happy to tell you every statistic they can come up with.

What does that say? Probably nothing.

I also tend to believe that anyone that is so gung-ho for weaponry probably is more mentally disturbed than I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phills1 View Post
    Where in the world did he say that? He said he disarmed himself, that's all.

Also, 5,000,000 violent crimes in a year. Let that number set in, 5 million. In a year! That's 570 violent crimes every hour. Obviously not all of those are gun related, but what does that say about our society/culture.
    doesnt really come off as as pro gun. especially on a thread where most of the statistics spouted on the other side were skewed

Gee-Mail in KG's Inbox BlueSeats626's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 429 Posts

If only the entire country was a gun-free zone.

Look how well its worked for movie theaters, shopping malls, and elementary schools.

I still can't believe people thing that outlawing something will make it go away. Its just dancing around the true issue of preventing insane wackos getting their hands on guns.
    llgauskas desire shall not fade and powder blue seats' bygones be bygones

- RandolphKeys

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueSeats626 For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,852 Times in 4,137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSeats626 View Post

Look how well its worked for movie theaters, shopping malls, and elementary schools.

I still can't believe people thing that outlawing something will make it go away. Its just dancing around the true issue of preventing insane wackos getting their hands on guns.
    Who in this thread has been promoting a total ban of guns? Seems like you need some reading comprehension.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,718 Times in 5,434 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSeats626 View Post

No reason you can't attack both.

Also, I think most people are still of the belief that you can still own a gun (at least I am)...but tagged with the most strict of testing to own one, repeating that testing on a three-five year basis, registering that weapon with local police as to it's location in the house, and curbing the unlimited sale of ammunition.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks
    Thanked 3,311 Times in 939 Posts

I know you guys really want the comparisons to other countries to work to support your argument; there are so many important factors that play into the society other than just the simple gun ban. Rights in general, punishments and prisoner rights and treatments compared to those same countries are so very different than ours.

We send criminals to jail to educate and refine them into better and more productive criminals. We do nothing to dissuade them from their life of crime. Prisoners in the US have more protected rights and 3/4's of the countries that are being used as examples to support a gun control ban.

The Japanese for example, will straight up beat the snot out of a prisoner if they get out of line. Talk about scared straight. This country has done nothing progressive in disciplining its criminals, half of the people locked up have a better quality of life than they did when they were "freeĒ, clothing, dry warm roof over their head and three meals a day and they get paid!

If you banned guns tomorrow and every law abiding citizen turned over their weapons the crime rates with double if not triple. Look at DC, prime example the murder rate shot up after the gun ban.

If you ask me the guy who said "100 guilty men going free is better than 1 innocent man going to jail" got it wrong.

A real penal system, is the answer... however because unlike all those other countries you listed that will not work here in the US because everyone has rights here. The child molester has rights, the rapist has rights and if this latest shooter hadn't killed himself he would have rights.. just like the guy who shot up the movie theater has rights!

Those of you get all up in arms over guns and gun control.. it makes me snicker not in a funny way but the fact that you think itís the actual gun that is the problem, itís the price of freedom that is the problem and all those rights we hold so dear even after we have raped and murdered a 5 year old child we still hold those rights so dearly.

Go ahead and blaime the guns, the truth is that is a much easier debate than the real issue. The real issue is the definition of rights and freedoms and where they start and stop. Should a murder really get 15 years and paroled? Should a rapist ever see the light of day?

What if we changed the laws tomorrow eye for eye, you steal we cut of your hand, you commit murder you die.

What if people were actually scared to break the law? What if breaking the law had real consequences?

Make the punishment a real punishment and actually enforce it and crime will go away, sure some innocents will get wrongly punished along the way. That is already happening now and we are getting nothing for it.
    I am one of those citizens who served this country abroad and I can tell you after firsthand experience I am also one of those citizens that you will have to pry my guns away from my cold dead hands ( including my AR-10). After what I have seen and been through it would be foolish and downright stupid for me to trust a government 100%, and I am not a conspiracy guy.

You guys want to fix this shit? Fix the Penal system.
    Last edited by RonG; 12-17-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Who in this thread has been promoting a total ban of guns? Seems like you need some reading comprehension.
    OOO the irony... all of those places he listed are "gun free zones" yet that is where this gun violence took place. ....seems like you need some reading comprehensions, more importantly someone needs to teach you sarcasm. On top of which the UK and Japan ect and their gun bans have all been brought up several times to support well less gun violence here in the US meaning well.... a gun ban.
    Last edited by RonG; 12-17-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    No reason you can't attack both.

Also, I think most people are still of the belief that you can still own a gun (at least I am)...but tagged with the most strict of testing to own one, repeating that testing on a three-five year basis, registering that weapon with local police as to it's location in the house, and curbing the unlimited sale of ammunition.
    Even if you do this, what is to stop someone in your family from stealing your weapons and committing another act of terror against more 6 year olds? Nothing you have suggested would have stopped or prevented Friday.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RonG For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 2,084 Posts

In to say I don't believe civilians need assault rifles. Or hundreds of magazines of bullets. Get a handgun, get a license, learn how to use it.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rap Soda View Post
    In to say I don't believe civilians need assault rifles. Or hundreds of magazines of bullets. Get a handgun, get a license, learn how to use it.
    Not alpha enough.

Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Not alpha enough.

Thanks for the affirmation, tough guy.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Soda For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rap Soda View Post
    Thanks for the affirmation, tough guy.
    Should have used my sarcastic font.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 547 Posts

Who said we should ban guns?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,965 Times in 2,512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RonG View Post
    Even if you do this, what is to stop someone in your family from stealing your weapons and committing another act of terror against more 6 year olds? Nothing you have suggested would have stopped or prevented Friday.
    actually, in this very thread I suggested a solutions that most likely does prevent what happened without banning guns

- improved screening and licensing before people buy guns
    - require all guns to be registered to their owner
    - require all guns to be stored in a locked safe that only the owner can open
    - make the registered owner responsible for any crimes committed with guns they purchased
    Last edited by KI4MVP; 12-17-2012 at 12:28 PM.