Page 42 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 1422

Thread: gun control

  1. #616
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    8,527
    Thanks
    4,522
    Thanked 8,500 Times in 3,166 Posts

    Default Re: gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    people get shot by guns. everyone knows this. People get killed by a multitude of thngs everyday.

    what your doing is sensationalism. using a tragedy to promote an agenda. if people had died in the burning house to arson do you propose we ban matches and gasoline as well?
    and what about people killing others while texting. do you ban cellphones from everyone so they cannot text?
    Pretty sure I didn't say a thing in my post above. I just posted the link because, duh, it's relevant.

    And once again you try to relate things with many other purposes (matches and gasoline) with guns, which only have one purpose: to kill. You just can't compare the two, and anyone who tries is being a moron. I'm not even going to dignify your absurd cell phone comparison with a response.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:


  3. #617
    Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, oh
    Posts
    7,569
    Thanks
    2,012
    Thanked 4,684 Times in 2,065 Posts

    Default Re: gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Pretty sure I didn't say a thing in my post above. I just posted the link because, duh, it's relevant.

    And once again you try to relate things with many other purposes (matches and gasoline) with guns, which only have one purpose: to kill. You just can't compare the two, and anyone who tries is being a moron. I'm not even going to dignify your absurd cell phone comparison with a response.
    you said you didnt say anything but its related. that is a conflct. You can compare the two to put things in perspective. over a hundred million people own guns. does owning guns cost lives? yes but so do alot of other things. is the only way people can kill each other is with guns? no it isnt.

    Will abolishing guns eliminate murder. no it will not. will it make the society safer.. no it will not.

    From 1985-1994, there were 173 mass shootings and 766 victims. From 1995-2004 (starting with 1995 because it was the first full year the law was in effect), there were 182 mass shootings and 830 victims.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ing-spree.html

    here is 108 people and children killed by military soldiers gabed as civillians.

    guns save lives its the only proper countrmeasure to criminals with guns.

    Those interested in Lott’s take on guns, crime, and the law should visit his blog, which now includes a sub-section of on-going commentary on mass shootings. With rare exceptions, Lott says, “every multiple-victim shooting has occurred in places where guns are banned, reducing the chances that a licensed gun owner would be armed and able to stop the shooter.” He also relates how “on the same day of the attack at the Sikh Temple in Wisconsin there was a similar attack in Early, Texas, but the difference was that in Texas, unlike Colorado, an armed citizen on the scene quickly stopped the attack.” Here’s an account of the Texas incident by Sheriff Bobby Grubbs: “The citizen that fired these shots did a tremendous job out there. Had he not had a gun and the presence of mind to do this, we don’t know what the outcome would’ve been.”


    terrorist, Criminals, military and police, rogue militias, they all have assualt weapons. banning them will nt take away these assualt weapons.

    taking them away from the people only sends out the invitation to create more violence.

    one of the british store owners in the following video who had to close because the criminals could come in and tak what they want with no reprucussions told the woman "you cant do anything about it" because the knows they arent allowed to have guns.

    http://Notably, gun sales in Colorad...ttors of evil.

    your trying to deny people the right to protects whats theirs and their families. guns serves alot of purposes the primary one is to protect and is a far more effective deterrent than 911




    there could of been a whole family engulfed in those flames but because the guy used a gun as well noone should have guns.. perfectly reasonable outlook.
    Last edited by Tornicade IED; 12-25-2012 at 08:12 AM.

  4. #618
    Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, oh
    Posts
    7,569
    Thanks
    2,012
    Thanked 4,684 Times in 2,065 Posts

    Default Re: gun control

    speaking mental health exams.

    The Army staff sergeant who allegedly went on a rampage and killed 16 Afghans as they slept in their homes had a traumatic brain injury at one point and had problems at home after his last deployment, officials told ABC News.
    But the soldier, who is based at Fort Lewis in Washington, was considered fit for combat duty and deployed to Afghanistan in December, officials said.
    Details about the staff sergeant, who has not been identified, emerged as the Taliban vowed revenge against "sick-minded American savages" after the mass killing.
    What has trickled out about the suspect is that he was 38 and serving on his fourth combat deployment in 10 years, the first three in Iraq. He was on his first tour in Afghanistan, where he'd been since December.
    When the massacre took place he was assigned to Camp Belambay, a remote combat outpost where his job was to be protection for Special Operations Forces who were creating local militias. He was not a member of the special forces unit.
    An official told ABC News that the soldier has suffered a mild traumatic brain injury (TBI) in the past, either from hitting his head on the hatch of a vehicle or in a car accident. He went through the advanced TBI treatment at Fort Lewis and was deemed to be fine.
    He also underwent mental health screening necessary to become a sniper and passed in 2008. He had routine behavioral health screening after that and was cleared, the official said.

    JANGIR/AFP/Getty Images
    U.S. soldiers keep watch at the entrance of a... View Full Size




    US Soldier Allegedly Massacres Afghan Civilians Watch Video



    White House on Afghan Deaths: 'Tragic and Shocking' Watch Video



    Civilians Killed in US Soldier's Rampage Watch Video


    When the soldier returned from his last deployment in Iraq he had difficulty reintegrating, including marital problems, the source told ABC News. But officials concluded that he had worked through those issues before deploying to Afghanistan.


    http://www.news24.com/Africa/News/Ma...RC-UN-20121114


    Mass slaughter of civilians in DRC - UN

    2012-11-15 09:13


    (Shutterstock)
    Multimedia · User Galleries · News in Pictures Send us your pictures · Send us your stories

    Read more stories about

    DRC











    Geneva - Armed groups in the Democratic Republic of Congo's war-torn east province slaughtered more than 200 people, including scores of children, between April and September, hacking some to death and burning others alive, the UN said on Wednesday.

    "At least 264 civilians, including 83 children, were arbitrarily executed by armed groups in more than 75 attacks on villages between April and September this year," the office of the UN's High Commissioner for Human Rights said as it published a report into abuses in the DRC's resource-rich east.

    Investigators focusing on the southern town of Masisi in North Kivu province uncovered evidence of victims being hacked to death with machetes.

    Others were burnt alive in their homes, investigators found, blaming the majority of the killings on two armed groups, Raia Mutomboki and their allies the Mayi Mayi.


    yes there is no ethnic cleansing or military slaughters in todays modern world. the congo took away guns from their lawful citizens in 1985

  5. #619
    formerly LJ4MVP KI4MVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11,032
    Thanks
    2,671
    Thanked 5,904 Times in 2,163 Posts

    Default Re: gun control

    dupicate
    Last edited by KI4MVP; 12-25-2012 at 09:07 AM.

  6. #620
    formerly LJ4MVP KI4MVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11,032
    Thanks
    2,671
    Thanked 5,904 Times in 2,163 Posts

    Default Re: gun control

    not sure your point with the first part, nobody expects mental health screening to be 100% effective and nobody expect that only mentally ill people shoot people. The expectation is simply that proper training/screening could reduce the number of people killed.

    And did you really just compare the United States to the Congo?

  7. #621
    Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, oh
    Posts
    7,569
    Thanks
    2,012
    Thanked 4,684 Times in 2,065 Posts

    Default Re: gun control

    now after the sensationalism the follow up of jack story

    A man who served nearly 17 years in jail for killing his grandmother set a house and car on fire this morning in upstate New York and then began shooting at emergency personnel who showed up, killing two firefighters, police said.
    In all, William Spengler, 62, shot four firefighters, killing two and severely injuring two more after setting his "trap," police said.
    An off-duty police officer from Greece, N.Y., who responded to the scene early in the morning of Christmas Eve also was injured today.
    "It was a trap," said Webster, N.Y., Police Chief Gerald L. Pickering, "set by Mr. Spengler who laid in wait and shot first responders."
    Spengler, who was released from prison in 1998, was found dead at the scene following a shootout with police. He was believed to have killed himself with a bullet to the head.
    As a convicted felon, Spengler would not have been allowed to own guns legally. Police were working to determine the types of weapons he used and how he obtained them, Pickering said.

  8. #622
    Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, oh
    Posts
    7,569
    Thanks
    2,012
    Thanked 4,684 Times in 2,065 Posts

    Default Re: gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by KI4MVP View Post
    not sure your point with the first part, nobody expects mental health screening to be 100% effective and nobody expect that only mentally ill people shoot people. The expectation is simply that proper training/screening could reduce the number of people killed.

    And did you really just compare the United States to the Congo?
    no I pointed out things happening in the modern world that people say dont happen anymore. you refuse to beleive an armed citizenry has any positive impact on the united states society.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tornicade IED For This Useful Post:


  10. #623
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    8,527
    Thanks
    4,522
    Thanked 8,500 Times in 3,166 Posts

    Default Re: gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    you said you didnt say anything but its related. that is a conflct. You can compare the two to put things in perspective. over a hundred million people own guns. does owning guns cost lives? yes but so do alot of other things. is the only way people can kill each other is with guns? no it isnt.

    Will abolishing guns eliminate murder. no it will not. will it make the society safer.. no it will not.
    Bro, this topic is titled "gun control." I linked an article about gun violence. If you don't think those two things are related, you're a moron.

    I agree that abolishing guns would not eliminate murder. However, it would very obviously make society safer. Even putting more restrictions on guns would clearly reduce the number of assaults every year, as literally every country that has banned or restricted them has proven thus far. There is literally zero evidence that supports the idea that less guns will somehow not equal less violence. In fact, all of the evidence at hand very much supports the idea that reducing the number of guns in a society will in turn reduce the number of deaths.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:


  12. #624
    Subliminal Ignatius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,823
    Thanks
    5,512
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 745 Posts

    Default Re: gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Bro, this topic is titled "gun control." I linked an article about gun violence. If you don't think those two things are related, you're a moron.

    I agree that abolishing guns would not eliminate murder. However, it would very obviously make society safer. Even putting more restrictions on guns would clearly reduce the number of assaults every year, as literally every country that has banned or restricted them has proven thus far. There is literally zero evidence that supports the idea that less guns will somehow not equal less violence. In fact, all of the evidence at hand very much supports the idea that reducing the number of guns in a society will in turn reduce the number of deaths.
    Bro?

    You're a fucking idiot 'Bro'. lol

    There's gonna be a WHOLE LOTTA DEATHS by guns and a lot of other things when shit hits the fan here soon.

    PS - Merry fucking Christman dickwad.
    *Hot Topics*RCF FAQDonate to RCF!


    RCF All-Time Rank : rep #38 posts #34

  13. #625
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    8,527
    Thanks
    4,522
    Thanked 8,500 Times in 3,166 Posts

    Default Re: gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMar Lion View Post
    Bro?

    You're a fucking idiot 'Bro'. lol

    There's gonna be a WHOLE LOTTA DEATHS by guns and a lot of other things when shit hits the fan here soon.

    PS - Merry fucking Christman dickwad.
    I'm the one using things like statistics and evidence as my argument. You're the one pulling things out of your ass and posting memes created by the NRA. I'd say that you're the idiot here.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:


  15. #626
    Rising Star pr26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,064
    Thanks
    4,313
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 727 Posts

    Default Re: gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMar Lion View Post
    Bro?

    You're a fucking idiot 'Bro'. lol

    There's gonna be a WHOLE LOTTA DEATHS by guns and a lot of other things when shit hits the fan here soon.

    PS - Merry fucking Christman dickwad.
    Flaming? Overly sensitive over people disagreeing with him? Making references to the terror that is just over the horizon that we're too blind to see? Obviously DougHeil 2.0

    Maybe we could keep this on the topic of gun control, or maybe this thread has ran it's course.

    I think your a better poster than calling people "dickwad" because they disagree with you.

  16. #627
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    8,527
    Thanks
    4,522
    Thanked 8,500 Times in 3,166 Posts

    Default Re: gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by pr26 View Post
    Flaming? Overly sensitive over people disagreeing with him? Making references to the terror that is just over the horizon that we're too blind to see? Obviously DougHeil 2.0

    Maybe we could keep this on the topic of gun control, or maybe this thread has ran it's course.

    I think your a better poster than calling people "dickwad" because they disagree with you.
    It's okay. He really only makes himself look worse and his arguments look weaker with posts like that, so by all means let him continue.

  17. #628
    Subliminal Ignatius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,823
    Thanks
    5,512
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 745 Posts

    Default Re: gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    I'm the one using things like statistics and evidence as my argument. You're the one pulling things out of your ass and posting memes created by the NRA. I'd say that you're the idiot here.
    Whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better.

    Never say I or any one else didn't tell you it was coming....because I'm surprised I even lasted this long.

    Just remember this, Jack, b00bie, et al; In the end, we're all fighting against the same thing. Oppression.

    1%

    99% - Everyone of us on this board is in the 99%
    Last edited by Ignatius; 12-25-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    *Hot Topics*RCF FAQDonate to RCF!


    RCF All-Time Rank : rep #38 posts #34

  18. #629
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    8,527
    Thanks
    4,522
    Thanked 8,500 Times in 3,166 Posts

    Default Re: gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMar Lion View Post
    Whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better.

    Never say I or any one else didn't tell you it was coming....because I'm surprised I even lasted this long.

    Just remember this, Jack, b00bie, et al; In the end, we're all fighting against the same thing. Oppression.

    1%

    99% - Everyone of us on this board is in the 99%
    Man, you have really gone off the deep end. Maybe the fact that you spend all your time feeling oppressed is why you feel the need to build yourself an armory in preparation of some imaginary doomsday scenario where the masses rise up against the government and you can join the cause. I'm sure you'd love that. It would finally give you the reason you needed to actually use those guns you've been stockpiling for the past half decade.

    I don't feel oppressed at all. I'm young and have a great job, a nice apartment, great friends, and live in a city filled with things to do on the weekends. While you worry about oppression and uprisings and getting shot every time you step out your door, do you know what I worry about on the average day? My dog stepping in another dog's shit while I'm taking him out (seriously...cleaning that up is the worst). Or hitting every light on the way to work (also the worst). Or what kind of beer to buy when I'm at Total Wine (too many options!). Or maybe about where I'm going to go for lunch (again, too many options!).

    So by all means, continue to live in fear over the impending revolution. I'll continue to go out and have fun and actually enjoy my life.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:


  20. #630
    Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, oh
    Posts
    7,569
    Thanks
    2,012
    Thanked 4,684 Times in 2,065 Posts

    Default Re: gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    I'm the one using things like statistics and evidence as my argument. You're the one pulling things out of your ass and posting memes created by the NRA. I'd say that you're the idiot here.
    Iv posted far more statistics showing that that gun control leads to increased crime rates. Ive shown statistics showing reduced crime rates in conceal and carry . i also compared to towns one that requires people to have guns and one that requires people not to have them. none of your statistics hold up under scrutiny. and your gun violence article shows what happens when a criminal breaks the law to get guns he isn't supposed to have anyways.

    I see your statistics and presented statistics that showed a different picture. you chose to ignore them and call people morons.

    the only thing you've proven is that guns can be used to kill people. this is already acknowledged.


    guns also protect people yet you want to ignore the stats which none of the ones i used were associated with the NRa ut independant study grooups including some of the same sources you cited for your statistics that misrepresent the reality of the impact of guns overall.
    Last edited by Tornicade IED; 12-25-2012 at 07:06 PM.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tornicade IED For This Useful Post:


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •