Page 46 of 95 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: gun control

Thanks
    Thanked 2,986 Times in 777 Posts

Default Re: gun control

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    The founding fathers and their ideas are the only reason you have the life you have today.

Maybe more things should be done for the mentally ill. Maybe instead of paying people to have babies we should take care of those with mental issues. Instead of forcing there parents to take care of them 24/7 and always be concerned overworked and stressed out. Such a civilized country should do more for the mentally ill no? Like look after them instead of outcast them. Teach them respect and love instead of mock them and treat them like pariahs.

99.9999% of people including those with mental illness and guns will never harm or due violence to anyone.

People are inherently good natured. The problem is when all are made to suffer for the bad seeds.
    I agree with most of this.

You didn't answer my question though. At all. Do you think someone who is mentally ill, or perhaps has a history of violence, should be allowed to buy an RPG? Because that would be some form of gun control.

Edit: And please, for the love of god, please use the edit button instead of posting 4 times in a row.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pr26 View Post
    I agree with most of this.

You didn't answer my question though. At all. Do you think someone who is mentally ill, or perhaps has a history of violence, should be allowed to buy an RPG? Because that would be some form of gun control.
    Do you think people convicted of a DUI should ever be allowed behind the wheel of a car again? Same concept is it not? Keeping dangerous people away from dangerous things?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Notorious For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,569 Times in 5,396 Posts

I would love for you to admit your tired excuse of the people not being the militia mentioned is obviously flawed after being provided the facts.
    It's really not.

As that 1982 ruling pretty much overturned 200 years of having no individual right to own a gun. Mainly it was a decision bought and purchased by lobbying from the NRA and other gun rights groups, and has absolutely nothing to do with the founding fathers or what they believed.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    It's really not.

As that 1982 ruling pretty much overturned 200 years of having no individual right to own a gun. Mainly it was a decision bought and purchased by lobbying from the NRA and other gun rights, and has absolutely nothing to do with the founding fathers or what they believed.
    1792 Says otherwise.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,569 Times in 5,396 Posts

1792 Says otherwise.
    Cool story, bro.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks

Do you think people convicted of a DUI should ever be allowed behind the wheel of a car again? Same concept is it not? Keeping dangerous people away from dangerous things?
    Yes, I think people who have been convicted of a DUI should be allowed to drive again after receiving the proper punishments.

Now can you please answer my question? Should someone deemed mentally unstable and has a history of violence be able to purchase a shoulder to air missile launcher?

Thanks

Yes, I think people who have been convicted of a DUI should be allowed to drive again after receiving the proper punishments.

Now can you please answer my question? Should someone deemed mentally unstable and has a history of violence be able to purchase a shoulder to air missile launcher?
    Once they have received their proper punishment, I guess...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 799 Posts

"insert insanely perverted argument to affirm own beliefs here"
    *Hot Topics*RCF FAQDonate to RCF!

RCF All-Time Rank : posts #36 rep #44

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigMar Lion View Post
    ?

Thanks

Once they have received their proper punishment, I guess...
    Okay great, thank you.

You are fine with living in a society where people with a history of violence and or severe mental illness would have the freedom to carry around missile launchers. Something in my brain tells me that is a very unsafe idea.

Let me rephrase my previous point thats been buried by two pages of one person quoting various historical figures. I think most RATIONAL people believe in some form of gun control. I just think we need intelligent debate on where the line needs to be, towing the line between freedom and safety.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Excellent argument for regulating gun owners, thanks.
    That makes no sense.

Thanks

Okay great, thank you.

You are fine with living in a society where people with a history of violence and or severe mental illness would have the freedom to carry around missile launchers. Something in my brain tells me that is a very unsafe idea.

Let me rephrase my previous point thats been buried by two pages of one person quoting various historical figures. I think most RATIONAL people believe in some form of gun control. I just think we need intelligent debate on where the line needs to be, towing the line between freedom and safety.
    There is already massive gun control. 34, 68, 86, 94 all years massive gun control was passed. Are you trolling? Because I am just trolling you back.

You cannot currently own a firearm if you have been abdicated mentally unstable. You cannot own a firearm if you have been convicted of a felony. You cannot own a firearm if you have been convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence.

You can not own a rocket launcher, or grenades or automatic weapons. You can own these items if you get fingerprinted have a sheriff sign off on it, an ATF review for 1 year and pay a tax on top of 10's of thousand of dollars.

What is your point? You're throwing hypotheticals that are already controlled by law.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Notorious For This Useful Post:

Thanks

There is already massive gun control. 34, 68, 86, 94 all years massive gun control was passed. Are you trolling? Because I am just trolling you back.

You cannot currently own a firearm if you have been abdicated mentally unstable. You cannot own a firearm if you have been convicted of a felony. You cannot own a firearm if you have been convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence.

You can not own a rocket launcher, or grenades or automatic weapons. You can own these items if you get fingerprinted have a sheriff sign off on it, an ATF review for 1 year and pay a tax on top of 10's of thousand of dollars.

What is your point? You're throwing hypotheticals that are already controlled by law.
    I said that everyone believes in SOME form of gun control, we just argue about where the line is drawn. So obviously, I know these laws. I used citizens owning shoulder to air missile launchers as an example of where pretty much everyone agrees on gun control. You stated that you didn't believe this, and rebuffed my point.

I'm not trolling, I'm trying to have a rational discussion. I think that was my mistake.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pr26 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I said that everyone believes in SOME form of gun control, we just argue about where the line is drawn. So obviously, I know these laws. I used citizens owning shoulder to air missile launchers as an example of where pretty much everyone agrees on gun control. You stated that you didn't believe this, and rebuffed my point.

I'm not trolling, I'm trying to have a rational discussion. I think that was my mistake.
    I believe you do not understand the purpose of the second amendment.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Notorious For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I believe you do not understand the purpose of the second amendment.
    I believe your not having the same conversation as I am.

And yes, I do understand the purpose of the second amendment.