Page 62 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: gun control

Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 745 Posts

Default Re: gun control

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Stupid is bound by nature to die off. I have a pond in my backyard and it's amazing how many injured animals or stupid animals turn to food for the fish in an instant. They're programmed to pick off the weak prey first to ensure disease and bad genes don't spread. We have a bunch of hummingbirds in our back yard. One got injured somehow and was flopping on the ground. Flopped into the pond and within 1 minute was promptly eaten.
    Life and death. We take them for such granted. Protesting a funeral??? FUCKING GAG ME lol.

Could you imagine a pack of squirrels protesting a burial of another squirrel? lol
    *Hot Topics*RCF FAQDonate to RCF!

RCF All-Time Rank : rep #38 posts #34

I need your wifes number
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,858 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    I believe the Mom didn't have a safe. They were under her bed. Maybe the most important thing is a gun safe license and instruction. Perhaps the safe comes before the gun purchase itself. Once you have the gun safe license you are now in deep shit should your guns fall into the wrong hands.
    See that's crazy if she just had them under her bed. Parents must really trust their kids these days. I asked my mom the other day why she never had a gun when I was a kid. She told me, because I was a fucking asshole and I could not be trusted. She was right.

I was around a lot of kids that had guns when I was a kid. We got shot at at a house party in mentor on the lake. Bunch of kids from school busted in with masks on and shot guns, we pushed them out the door and they just started shooting through the window. No one was hurt thank god, and Mentor High school caught wind of it and started putting cops in the school. Guess what, never had a problem after that. Never saw another gun at school after that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cavman View Post
    See that's crazy if she just had them under her bed. Parents must really trust their kids these days. I asked my mom the other day why she never had a gun when I was a kid. She told me, because I was a fucking asshole and I could not be trusted. She was right.

I was around a lot of kids that had guns when I was a kid. We got shot at at a house party in mentor on the lake. Bunch of kids from school busted in with masks on and shot guns, we pushed them out the door and they just started shooting through the window. No one was hurt thank god, and Mentor High school caught wind of it and started putting cops in the school. Guess what, never had a problem after that. Never saw another gun at school after that.
    I was not raised with guns either and had a similar situation. High school got alarms on all doors and could only be opened from the inside. Main entrances always had security guards. No more issues.

Thanks

I've never had problems with guns.......but then again I've only been around them for maybe 3 or 4 years in my immediate life (we've been around them our entire lives). In fact, I just had a RUN-IN with state patrol (traffic stop, no illegal activity)

No one was hurt thank god...but imagine if one of you did have a gun. Those assholes would be dead and society would have been a better place. There is no questioning that.

Choice.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ignatius For This Useful Post:

I need your wifes number
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigMar Lion View Post
    I've never had problems with guns.......but then again I've only been around them for maybe 3 or 4 years in my immediate life (we've been around them our entire lives). In fact, I just had a RUN-IN with state patrol (traffic stop, no illegal activity)

No one was hurt thank god...but imagine if one of you did have a gun. Those assholes would be dead and society would have been a better place. There is no questioning that.

Choice.
    Some of us did have guns, I didn't but there where about 4 of us that did. It happened so fast we didn't really know what was going on. "My friends" with the guns ran out the back door. I'm in a wheelchair so I just sat there and shit my pants. See they knew the cops were coming and we had a house full of cocaine and pot. So people ran like hell to save their own asses. One guy who I had only met that night reacted, he was older than me, maybe he was 24. I just remember everyone called him John from Collinwood. He rushed at them and pushed them out the front door. Then they tried to shoot him through the window. He didn't have a gun, but he may have saved some lives that night.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cavman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Some of us did have guns, I didn't but there where about 4 of us that did. It happened so fast we didn't really know what was going on. "My friends" with the guns ran out the back door. I'm in a wheelchair so I just sat there and shit my pants. See they knew the cops were coming and we had a house full of cocaine and pot. So people ran like hell to save their own asses. One guy who I had only met that night reacted, he was older than me, maybe he was 24. I just remember everyone called him John from Collinwood. He rushed at them and pushed them out the front door. Then they tried to shoot him through the window. He didn't have a gun, but he may have saved some lives that night.
    Just curious.....did those people have the proper training and go through the correct (legal) channel to obtain them?

You're in a wheel chair? Another question for you, do you think it would be wise for you to carry a fire arm for your protection?

I need your wifes number
    Thanks

Just curious.....did those people have the proper training and go through the correct (legal) channel to obtain them?
    no we were like 16 to 17 at the time of all this. These guns were all stolen from parents that did not secure them.

Thanks

no we were like 16 to 17 at the time of all this. These guns were all stolen from parents that did not secure them.
    Interesting.........

So correct me if I'm wrong......it was THEFT of a weapon that happened to be unsecured.

Theft can be solved without taking guns away.

Securing a firearm can go as far as locking up your unarmed firearm(s) in a safe, or it can be teaching your child at (for example) 7 years old that a gun is deadly and you must respect it.

Neither of those scenarios involve taking away guns.

Addition by subtraction is rarely a viable solution.
    Last edited by Ignatius; 12-30-2012 at 11:27 PM.

I need your wifes number
    Thanks

Interesting.........
    My friends and I would go to parties and some times we could get the kid who owned the house to show us where his dads guns were. Once we saw them, and we saw if the house had a security system they were robbed a week later. happened all the time. Sometimes we would take the guns to est 140th and sell them to some arab shop owner. Then one day the cops came after me because they knew I was the weak link and I turned them in. I turned the shop owner in, everyone. After all that, I went straight and never looked back. Got off drugs and live a happy life now. I must stress, I never did anything terrible, I just knew about it, and saw the stolen stuff. I'm really a good person I promise lol.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cavman For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 Times in 3,166 Posts

Perhaps people wouldn't have busted in with masks and guns to begin with if you didn't have a house full of illegal drugs?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Perhaps people wouldn't have busted in with masks and guns to begin with if you didn't have a house full of illegal drugs?
    Perhaps, but then we wouldn't have gotten to hear this great story.

Thanks

My friends and I would go to parties and some times we could get the kid who owned the house to show us where his dads guns were. Once we saw them, and we saw if the house had a security system they were robbed a week later. happened all the time. Sometimes we would take the guns to est 140th and sell them to some arab shop owner. Then one day the cops came after me because they knew I was the weak link and I turned them in. I turned the shop owner in, everyone. After all that, I went straight and never looked back. Got off drugs and live a happy life now. I must stress, I never did anything terrible, I just knew about it, and saw the stolen stuff. I'm really a good person I promise lol.
    I'm not questioning that......the only person who should is you. And I think you already know your answer.

I need your wifes number
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    I'm sure. I hung out with the wrong people back then. At 35 now, looking back at my 17 year old self I was fucked up.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cavman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,908 Times in 2,163 Posts

Interesting.........

So correct me if I'm wrong......it was THEFT of a weapon that happened to be unsecured.

Theft can be solved without taking guns away.

Securing a firearm can go as far as locking up your unarmed firearm(s) in a safe, or it can be teaching your child at (for example) 7 years old that a gun is deadly and you must respect it.

Neither of those scenarios involve taking away guns.

Addition by subtraction is rarely a viable solution.
    I see we agree. Require the guns to be locked up, charge the owner as an accessory if they are used in crimes.

And any parent who stores their guns under their bed with no locks doesn't deserve to own guns.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KI4MVP For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I agree until the last sentence....in this day and age? Maybe. It makes sense to have a weapon locked up....but it also makes sense for anything and everything to be locked up.

Simply changing the way society thinks (starting with our children) is the long-term solution to this. Does not mean you shouldn't lock up your firearms? Well, that is based entirely on your surroundings.