Page 63 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: gun control

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,597 Times in 3,197 Posts

Default Re: gun control

Quote Originally Posted by BigMar Lion View Post
    Interesting.........

So correct me if I'm wrong......it was THEFT of a weapon that happened to be unsecured.

Theft can be solved without taking guns away.

Securing a firearm can go as far as locking up your unarmed firearm(s) in a safe, or it can be teaching your child at (for example) 7 years old that a gun is deadly and you must respect it.

Neither of those scenarios involve taking away guns.

Addition by subtraction is rarely a viable solution.
    Pretty much no one here except b00bie is arguing that guns should be taken away, so I'm not sure why you're so stuck on that detail. My stance is well documented earlier in the thread so I won't repeat it, but KI posted a lot of the same ideas for gun control that I posted (licensing, registration, required training, etc.) a few pages back, so feel free to read his post if you want to see where I stand.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 745 Posts

All of what you speak of is already in place, Jack.

Good luck on your quest to make it harder for good people to have them.

You can't take away stupid.
    *Hot Topics*RCF FAQDonate to RCF!

RCF All-Time Rank : rep #38 posts #34

Thanks
    Thanked 11,545 Times in 4,845 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Pretty much no one here except b00bie is arguing that guns should be taken away, so I'm not sure why you're so stuck on that detail. My stance is well documented earlier in the thread so I won't repeat it, but KI posted a lot of the same ideas for gun control that I posted (licensing, registration, required training, etc.) a few pages back, so feel free to read his post if you want to see where I stand.
    Am I?
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks

All of what you speak of is already in place, Jack.

Good luck on your quest to make it harder for good people to have them.

You can't take away stupid.
    You can't take away stupid, but you can certainly make it harder for stupid people to go to a store and buy a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Am I?
    That's been my impression based on what you've posted. If I'm wrong, feel free to enlighten the thread as to what your specific beliefs about gun control are.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Stupid is bound by nature to die off. I have a pond in my backyard and it's amazing how many injured animals or stupid animals turn to food for the fish in an instant. They're programmed to pick off the weak prey first to ensure disease and bad genes don't spread. We have a bunch of hummingbirds in our back yard. One got injured somehow and was flopping on the ground. Flopped into the pond and within 1 minute was promptly eaten.
    By the way, I disagree with this assumption. All one has to do is turn on any reality television show to see that not only is stupid here to stay, but it's becoming an enviable trait. Further, this country just seems to be filling up with people of lower intelligence with each passing decade. Just look at Congress. It used to be filled with intelligent people who got shit done (for the most part). Now it's half filled with bigots who won't admit that heat melts ice and half filled with idiots who somehow can't win arguments with the moronic bigots.

The problem is that, in our modern society, we've largely eliminated natural selection. We've made everything so safe that stupid people have a much harder time killing themselves off than they have had in the past, which gives them time to mature and, unfortunately, breed. Further, smarter people tend to wait longer before having kids, and as they're smart and have better things to do, they're likely to have less kids as well.

All I have to do is look at my former high school classmates on Facebook and see where they're all at ten years later. By and large, the smart ones are unmarried, or at least married without kids. The middle-of-the-pack people are either married with a kid or two or married without kids. Pretty much all the dumbest people I went to high school with are married with multiple kids already. The stupid people in this country are thriving and breeding, and I'm honestly not sure how it can be stopped.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    By the way, I disagree with this assumption. All one has to do is turn on any reality television show to see that not only is stupid here to stay, but it's becoming an enviable trait. Further, this country just seems to be filling up with people of lower intelligence with each passing decade. Just look at Congress. It used to be filled with intelligent people who got shit done (for the most part). Now it's half filled with bigots who won't admit that heat melts ice and half filled with idiots who somehow can't win arguments with the moronic bigots.

The problem is that, in our modern society, we've largely eliminated natural selection. We've made everything so safe that stupid people have a much harder time killing themselves off than they have had in the past, which gives them time to mature and, unfortunately, breed. Further, smarter people tend to wait longer before having kids, and as they're smart and have better things to do, they're likely to have less kids as well.

All I have to do is look at my former high school classmates on Facebook and see where they're all at ten years later. By and large, the smart ones are unmarried, or at least married without kids. The middle-of-the-pack people are either married with a kid or two or married without kids. Pretty much all the dumbest people I went to high school with are married with multiple kids already. The stupid people in this country are thriving and breeding, and I'm honestly not sure how it can be stopped.
    huh?

Veteran
    Thanks

huh?
    It's simple. Reality television shows how stupid our society has become, and the fact that people not only look up to but aspire to be these reality stars is a bad sign.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No arguing with you there Jack.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 505 Posts

I need your wifes number
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post

lol I lost it when he did the British accent.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cavman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 505 Posts

1776!!!!

Fighting the good fight! gourimoko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,276 Times in 2,581 Posts

On a serious note, Piers Morgan is a mouthpiece for the globalists, and he is a foreigner. This isn't his country, he has not applied for citizenship, and therefore he should stay the fuck out of our business.

Alex Jones has lost his mind, but if you try to filter out the noise, what he's saying is ultimately correct. The Second Amendment has nothing to do with duck hunting. You do not have a right to hunt, but you do have a right to protect yourself with a firearm.
    Last edited by gourimoko; 01-09-2013 at 08:09 AM.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gourimoko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,278 Times in 1,818 Posts

Oh the irony... "If you limit my ability to own a gun, I'll kill you!"

Its these people who make a responsible owner of a gun for protection get bundled in the crazy bin.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

20. The Following User Says Thank You to RappSoda For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

Piers finally debates a smart conservative. I agree with everything Shapiro said.
    We are all Witnesses to this Quitness.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ohiorulez For This Useful Post:

Fighting the good fight! gourimoko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,276 Times in 2,581 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohiorulez View Post

Piers finally debates a smart conservative. I agree with everything Shapiro said.
    Abolutely.. He stated the points eloquently and succinctly. And he called out Piers on his asinine debate tacts. I didn't see CNN/MSNBC touting this interview around like they did the Alex Jones video.

And the fact that Shapiro mentioned his grandparents being victims of genocide as a result of belief in government was profound.

Great post.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gourimoko For This Useful Post: