Page 78 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1422

Thread: gun control

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

Default Re: gun control

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    Thanks, found an archery club that I'm going to visit this weekend. Get some tips and lessons as well as help picking a bow.
    Nice. Let me know how it works out for you. Nothing like knockin down a buck with a bow.

Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,270 Times in 5,326 Posts

As for the debt ceiling stand off, if it is a chip it isn't much leverage and it would be par for the whole dirty politics that has become synonymous with Washington.
    I appreciate the response, RonG. My suggestion of the Congressional trade off of banned weapons and the debt ceiling comes from nothing I' 've read, just a guess. Trading votes in the House is older than the Civil War, as the movie Lincoln showed us. Obama did it to move Obamacare along.
    “He (Dellavedova) was doin' too much.” ~Paul George, January 5th

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Randolphkeys For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,311 Times in 939 Posts

Keys you know I am cool with your liberal loving ass.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RonG For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmknJoe7 View Post
    Not necessarily. You can own them, but you're not supposed to ever insert the mag into the gun. This will be changing, though, I'm sure of that.
    So I can't go down to Southern Ohio anymore on our hunting trips to Muskingum County and spend the weekend before Opening Day turning old abandoned school buses into swiss cheese with my Tec-9(50 round mag). Thing was fun as all get out, but in the wrong hands could be extremely deadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonG View Post
    The way most laws work is it grandfathers owners who had it when it went into affect. I don't know in this case, but just a general rule of thumb.
    The minute you put the mag in you broke the law. Tec 9 with a 50 round mag in the gun is a machine gun under ohio law and is a felony. Any gun with a caliber greater than 22lr with more than 30 rounds is a felony. There are no grandfathering of higher than 30 capacity mags that I am aware of.

So gun laws obviously don't stop people from breaking them as evidenced by the post above. Although I don't believe anyone who owned that gun would be openly bragging about such a gun and mag and using it in Southern Ohio.
    Last edited by Notorious; 01-16-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,709 Times in 4,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    The minute you put the mag in you broke the law. Tec 9 with a 50 round mag in the gun is a machine gun under ohio law and is a felony. Any gun with a caliber greater than 22lr with more than 30 rounds is a felony. There are no grandfathering of higher than 30 capacity mags that I am aware of.

So gun laws obviously don't stop people from breaking them as evidenced by the post above. Although I don't believe anyone who owned that gun would be openly bragging about such a gun and mag and using it in Southern Ohio.
    Congratulations. You've argued a point that no one has actually made.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Congratulations. You've argued a point that no one has actually made.
    No one? It was just made. Multiple times in this thread.

Congratulations you can't read.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

No one? It was just made. Multiple times in this thread.

Congratulations you can't read.
    I haven't seen a single person say that gun laws will magically stop all people from breaking them. There will always be people who break laws. However, there will always be a majority that typically does not break laws, and that is why we have them.

Thanks

Why not? You gonna come arrest me? We were in the middle of Hillbilly Heaven, on densely covered private property, having a blast. And I know the law, I'm the one who told you that you were wrong about it in the first place.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

Why not? You gonna come arrest me? We were in the middle of Hillbilly Heaven, on densely covered private property, having a blast. And I know the law, I'm the one who told you that you were wrong about it in the first place.
    I've already notified the authorities. If they show up at the wrong place, that's because I didn't know where you lived and just made up an address.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    I've already notified the authorities. If they show up at the wrong place, that's because I didn't know where you lived and just made up an address.
    I'm sooooo on my way to the ban suggestion thread. Well, if I don't get arrested first, that is.

Thanks

You sure told me... Glad I have you here to explain Ohio gun laws.

Thanks

You sure told me... Glad I have you here to explain Ohio gun laws.
    Sarcasm doesn't work quite as well here, ya see? But, since I am having to explain that to you, it's probably already a lost cause.

But, yes, you're welcome

Admittedly Pompous Randolphkeys's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,270 Times in 5,326 Posts

Which allows only those with money to buy. The intent of the founders was well discussed in many other articles from the time. The reason we have restrictions is the same reason unlawful search and seizures are no longer honored as a right. Because people think any law passed trumps everything else. They are ignorant to the constitution and our history. The patriot act is a shining example of trampling our rights.

Obamacare is unconstitutional because the government cannot tell you what to buy.

Banning magazines in New York is unconstitutional because of ex post facto laws.

Imagine where the New York law leaves things. Oh your house was made with the wrong kind of brick. It was legal when you bought it, but its not anymore and we need you to tear it down. No we don't have to compensate you for it.

And with the way these jokers are bought and paid for, you want to give them more power over your life.

It's incomprehensible!
    A Supreme Court which has been controlled by Republicans for most of your lifetime agrees with none of your rulings. Obamacare has been ruled as constitutional. Assault rifles were regulated and restricted for years. State law yields to national Supreme Court rulings. Ironically, statements like these forced Rick Perry to drop out of the Presidential election for being wildly false.

I have a hard time following which statements you actually believe and which are meant to be sarcastic. As usual, I am actually interested in everyone's opinion... but lets try to be consistent with actual rulings of the Supreme Court.
    “He (Dellavedova) was doin' too much.” ~Paul George, January 5th

Thanks
    Thanked 5,482 Times in 1,285 Posts

http://www.assaultweapon.info/

The best summary I've seen on "assault weapons".

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MRMsix6 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 26,598 Times in 4,027 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MRMsix6 View Post
    http://www.assaultweapon.info/

The best summary I've seen on "assault weapons".
    The most informative post in this thread. Everyone should click that link and read it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Maximus For This Useful Post: