Page 90 of 95 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1422

Thread: gun control

Thanks

Default Re: gun control

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Haha it's so hard to take people like you seriously when you compare people to Hitler for the slightest offense. What a joke.
    You're advocating killing massive amounts of people who share a common belief because you disagree with them. What's different about you?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Notorious For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,823 Times in 4,126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    You're advocating killing massive amounts of people who share a common belief because you disagree with them. What's different about you?
    I haven't advocated killing anyone. Reading comprehension is a valuable thing.

Thanks

I haven't advocated killing anyone. Reading comprehension is a valuable thing.
    How many other people say "I could live with genocide?"

You're a pretty disgusting dude.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

How many other people say "I could live with genocide?"

You're a pretty disgusting dude.
    Call it what you want, but if a bunch of morons declare war on a democratic government for dubious reasons and are subsequently annihilated, I'm not going to feel sorry for them.

Thanks

Call it what you want, but if a bunch of morons declare war on a democratic government for dubious reasons and are subsequently annihilated, I'm not going to feel sorry for them.
    Looks it's clear you couldn't pass a current background check to buy a gun, so I get why you don't like you them. The least you could do though is understand the Bill of Rights and because you're crazy does not mean every one else is. Violating the second amendment would be pushing the line to dictatorship. In that case these men have more right than the government. So again you're ok with government sponsored genocide. Got it, I'm still wondering how the Hitler comment is off base though.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

Looks it's clear you couldn't pass a current background check to buy a gun, so I get why you don't like you them. The least you could do though is understand the Bill of Rights and because you're crazy does not mean every one else is. Violating the second amendment would be pushing the line to dictatorship. In that case these men have more right than the government. So again you're ok with government sponsored genocide. Got it, I'm still wondering how the Hitler comment is off base though.
    I love how you call me crazy in the same paragraph where you spout some insanely crazy shit. Well played.

Thanks

I love how you call me crazy in the same paragraph where you spout some insanely crazy shit. Well played.
    I love how you beat around the bush on every post. Not even just in this thread. Random insinuations that I'm spouting crazy shit and calling Optimus Big Mar. You're all over the map bud and you have no substance.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

I love how you beat around the bush on every post. Not even just in this thread. Random insinuations that I'm spouting crazy shit and calling Optimus Big Mar. You're all over the map bud and you have no substance.
    You are spouting crazy shit and Optimus is acting exactly like BigMar.

Thanks

You are spouting crazy shit and Optimus is acting exactly like BigMar.

Examples...

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

Examples...
    Easy enough.

In one paragraph you:

1. Say violating the second amendment would be akin to dictatorship even though no one is proposing violating the second amendment. In fact, the thing most people are taking issue with is the banning of assault rifles. Except assault rifles have been banned before and no one really seemed to care. It's only when the black president proposes to re-institute the ban that people threaten to revolt. And if you don't think this is absolutely a racial issue, you're naive and blind.

2. Assumed that I'm okay with government sponsored genocide. Hate to break this to you, but if a group of people revolt against the government and the government fights back, that's not genocide. That's the government defending itself from nutjobs intent on domestic terrorism.

3. Again compared me to Hitler. Anyone who compares anyone else to Hitler in any argument has no real base for said argument. It's fear-mongering, plain and simple.

4. Assumed I wouldn't pass a background check. Hate to break this to you, but I could go out and buy a gun tomorrow. Well, maybe not. Not sure if gun stores are open on Sundays.

So yes, you are most certainly spouting some crazy shit. It's okay though. I wouldn't expect anything less from someone who legitimately thinks the government is about to take away all of our guns and impose tyranny on us.

It's actually kind of ironic, because the fear that people such as yourself perpetuate is the reason this country is so obsessed with guns to begin with.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,226 Times in 1,641 Posts

It's actually kind of ironic, because the fear that people such as yourself perpetuate is the reason this country is so obsessed with guns to begin with.
    The fear and distrust of government is why this country exists. If everyone was like you in 1775 then we would still be living under the British flag with troops stationed in our homes.
    “The State is not force alone. It depends upon the credulity of man quite as much as upon his docility. Its aim is not merely to make him obey, but also to make him want to obey.” - H.L. Mencken

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OptimusPrime For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
    The fear and distrust of government is why this country exists. If everyone was like you in 1775 then we would still be living under the British flag with troops stationed in our homes.
    This might be news to you, but it's not 1775 any more. We're not a colony of a country ruled by a monarchy. Hell, the country we rebelled against isn't even a monarchy any more. They have a Queen in name only and utilize a government system not that different from our own. They're also our closest ally.

But if you honestly can't see the difference between where we are now and where we were during the Revolutionary War, you're not even worth arguing with.

Thanks

This might be news to you, but it's not 1775 any more. We're not a colony of a country ruled by a monarchy. Hell, the country we rebelled against isn't even a monarchy any more. They have a Queen in name only and utilize a government system not that different from our own. They're also our closest ally.

But if you honestly can't see the difference between where we are now and where we were during the Revolutionary War, you're not even worth arguing with.
    So it was good to distrust the government then, but now we should blindly trust and obey it? Why? Because "your party" is in the White House? The only difference between then and now is that today people like you elect our king.
    “The State is not force alone. It depends upon the credulity of man quite as much as upon his docility. Its aim is not merely to make him obey, but also to make him want to obey.” - H.L. Mencken

16. The Following User Says Thank You to OptimusPrime For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
    So it was good to distrust the government then, but now we should blindly trust and obey it? Why? Because "your party" is in the White House? The only difference between then and now is that today people like you elect our king.
    I don't recall ever saying that we should blindly trust the government. There's a difference, however, between practicing mistrust in the government and living in fear of the government turning to tyranny.

Also, there's a pretty vast difference between "electing a king," as you put it, and having the king chosen by heredity. You know, like the fact that we actually get to vote.

Just please stop pretending that our government now is anything like the British monarchy we rebelled against 250 years ago. It's not, and you make yourself look more ridiculous every time you try to compare the two.

Thanks

Also, there's a pretty vast difference between "electing a king," as you put it, and having the king chosen by heredity. You know, like the fact that we actually get to vote.
    A king is a king and authoritarianism is authoritarianism, no matter how your ruler was chosen. It's like choosing between the electric chair or lethal injection. That vote means nothing, you still end up dead.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to OptimusPrime For This Useful Post: