Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 151
  1. #136
    Hall of Famer Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    11,731
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 9,276 Times in 3,609 Posts

    Default Re: Game 27 | Cavs @ Celtics| December 19th, 2012 | 7:30PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyst View Post
    Only thing I can agree with out of all of the posts I just read is that TT is SHIT. Stop defending his play. He is a shitty JJ Hickson at best, and the sad thing is he tries 10 x harder than JJ ever did. Rumbling around underneath the basket is fine and dandy as long as you DO SOMETHING WITH IT. To not call him a bust is a sin, what the hell is he ever going to bring to an NBA team at this rate?
    Defense and rebounding?
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

  2. #137
    Birthing All-Stars Löttery Göd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,054
    Thanks
    7,104
    Thanked 3,980 Times in 1,436 Posts

    Default Re: Game 27 | Cavs @ Celtics| December 19th, 2012 | 7:30PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    Yea...trade your 4 pic down instead of feeling obligated to pick Thompson or Jonas. Get more value out of the pick then in a shitty draft. Then you could pick maybe a faried or klay thompson. Have 2 pics instead of 1 shitty one if your scouting isn't comfortable
    Who is to say that there was even a deal to be had where we could have traded down for two picks, one of which that could have still taken Thompson like you're suggesting? I'm guessing there wasn't. Maybe for other teams, but not for us.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

  3. #138
    Guardian of the Cavaliers Green Lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus,Ohio
    Posts
    4,198
    Thanks
    634
    Thanked 460 Times in 256 Posts

    Default Re: Game 27 | Cavs @ Celtics| December 19th, 2012 | 7:30PM

    I know this team blows but I am tired of all the losses.

  4. #139
    Hall of Famer Mdog1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,652
    Thanks
    545
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 877 Posts

    Default Re: Game 27 | Cavs @ Celtics| December 19th, 2012 | 7:30PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyst View Post
    Only thing I can agree with out of all of the posts I just read is that TT is SHIT. Stop defending his play. He is a shitty JJ Hickson at best, and the sad thing is he tries 10 x harder than JJ ever did. Rumbling around underneath the basket is fine and dandy as long as you DO SOMETHING WITH IT. To not call him a bust is a sin, what the hell is he ever going to bring to an NBA team at this rate?
    He got 6 offensive boards tonight, 7 the night before. 13 offensive rebounds in two games is pretty damned good. You can't call a guy who has played in just over an NBA seasons worth of games a god damned bust, that is a sin. Greg Oden wasn't a bust until his third year (and 82 games played). It's stupid to say a guy is never going to be better than he is right now. I'm willing to state Tristan likely never becomes an all star, but when he becomes a 10/10 big man, and two of the players selected before him are putting up 5/5 for their careers as bench players, and all but maybe three of the players selected after him are putting up worse stats than that he's no a bust. The 2011 draft was a bust.

    If a guy is the 2nd best player selected in the top 5 how is he a bust? Jonas is a scrub, Williams is a tweener, Kanter... You can't just look at every draft in history and be like oh he's not as good as Westbrook so he's a bust obviously. You have to look at his draft competition, and say well we got the best of the worst...

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mdog1 For This Useful Post:


  6. #140
    Rising Star
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,866
    Thanks
    240
    Thanked 595 Times in 342 Posts

    Default Re: Game 27 | Cavs @ Celtics| December 19th, 2012 | 7:30PM

    The posts are poor, because people have no depth perception. The definition of modern day america.

    The Cavs job is to lose. Period.

  7. #141
    Hall of Farmer
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    13,635
    Thanks
    921
    Thanked 7,160 Times in 2,541 Posts

    Default Re: Game 27 | Cavs @ Celtics| December 19th, 2012 | 7:30PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Futuredome View Post
    The posts are poor, because people have no depth perception. The definition of modern day america.

    The Cavs job is to lose. Period.
    The posts are poor because the team sucks. It's not fun to talk about a team that is awful.

    I was gonna go to the game tomorrow night, but with the storm coming, I decided no it wasn't worth it to get stuck in snow and see a team play poorly.

  8. #142
    Team Player Len's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    727
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 476 Times in 192 Posts

    Default Re: Game 27 | Cavs @ Celtics| December 19th, 2012 | 7:30PM

    These post I just read are just dreadful. I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but jesus people, like another poster stated, You guys are spoiled with the recent production of past drafts #1 Picks.

    We have a young team, with mass cap space, and a multitude of picks.

    I'm sure it would be easy to follow the Bulls model. Draft a Stud PG and spend all your cap space to fill in around him. But we aren't following that model.

    How good are the Raptors doing with losing their Superstar, how about the Magic, Hornets? Ya, they suck too, because they ARE REBUILDING.

  9. #143
    Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, oh
    Posts
    7,573
    Thanks
    2,013
    Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,067 Posts

    Default Re: Game 27 | Cavs @ Celtics| December 19th, 2012 | 7:30PM

    Cavs played well. Victim of an amazing night by Pierce. They got behind and fought their way back into the game. now they need to move on and not just win but have a couple 2 or 3 game win streaks.

  10. #144
    Birthing All-Stars Löttery Göd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,054
    Thanks
    7,104
    Thanked 3,980 Times in 1,436 Posts

    Default Re: Game 27 | Cavs @ Celtics| December 19th, 2012 | 7:30PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornicade View Post
    Cavs played well. Victim of an amazing night by Pierce. They got behind and fought their way back into the game. now they need to move on and not just win but have a couple 2 or 3 game win streaks.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

  11. #145
    Subliminal Ignatius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,825
    Thanks
    5,513
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 745 Posts

    Default Re: Game 27 | Cavs @ Celtics| December 19th, 2012 | 7:30PM

    You must embrace the tank lol
    *Hot Topics*RCF FAQDonate to RCF!


    RCF All-Time Rank : rep #38 posts #34

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ignatius For This Useful Post:


  13. #146
    Hall of Famer Mdog1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,652
    Thanks
    545
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 877 Posts

    Default Re: Game 27 | Cavs @ Celtics| December 19th, 2012 | 7:30PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    These post I just read are just dreadful. I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but jesus people, like another poster stated, You guys are spoiled with the recent production of past drafts #1 Picks.

    We have a young team, with mass cap space, and a multitude of picks.

    I'm sure it would be easy to follow the Bulls model. Draft a Stud PG and spend all your cap space to fill in around him. But we aren't following that model.

    How good are the Raptors doing with losing their Superstar, how about the Magic, Hornets? Ya, they suck too, because they ARE REBUILDING.
    Don't forget the fact that the Bulls already had Deng, and Noah on the roster, and a ton of cap space going into possibly the best FA class in NBA history, and one of the storied franchises of the league, and a desirable big market. Should be fairly easy to match what the Bulls did imo.

  14. #147
    Team Player Len's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    727
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 476 Times in 192 Posts

    Default Re: Game 27 | Cavs @ Celtics| December 19th, 2012 | 7:30PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    Don't forget the fact that the Bulls already had Deng, and Noah on the roster, and a ton of cap space going into possibly the best FA class in NBA history, and one of the storied franchises of the league, and a desirable big market. Should be fairly easy to match what the Bulls did imo.

    They, like us, also were very lucky to have drafted #1 overall. I'm not sure their pre-lottery positioning, but It may have been even worse than ours. Just think if Miami would have won the Lottery, It would have been Rose/Wade/Lebron/Bosh. Who cares about the 5th player.

    I mean, to follows the bulls model, we would just have to spend and overspend all our cap to bring in players, I'm sure it would lead us to the playoffs, you have to spend something. All the top teams are either at the cap or well above it. Cavs, well we are probably just barely making the minimum.

  15. #148
    Rising Star
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,866
    Thanks
    240
    Thanked 595 Times in 342 Posts

    Default Re: Game 27 | Cavs @ Celtics| December 19th, 2012 | 7:30PM

    Can't have a 2-3 game winning streak to we shake off the Pistons/Hornets. Both are stubbornly hanging around.

  16. #149
    Birthing All-Stars Löttery Göd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,054
    Thanks
    7,104
    Thanked 3,980 Times in 1,436 Posts

    Default Re: Game 27 | Cavs @ Celtics| December 19th, 2012 | 7:30PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Futuredome View Post
    Can't have a 2-3 game winning streak to we shake off the Pistons/Hornets. Both are stubbornly hanging around.
    We can't go on a winning streak until we shake off Washington. When John Wall and Nene come back, it's game on. We'll have the worst record in the league.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Löttery Göd For This Useful Post:


  18. #150
    Hall of Famer Mdog1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,652
    Thanks
    545
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 877 Posts

    Default Re: Game 27 | Cavs @ Celtics| December 19th, 2012 | 7:30PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    They, like us, also were very lucky to have drafted #1 overall. I'm not sure their pre-lottery positioning, but It may have been even worse than ours. Just think if Miami would have won the Lottery, It would have been Rose/Wade/Lebron/Bosh. Who cares about the 5th player.

    I mean, to follows the bulls model, we would just have to spend and overspend all our cap to bring in players, I'm sure it would lead us to the playoffs, you have to spend something. All the top teams are either at the cap or well above it. Cavs, well we are probably just barely making the minimum.
    IIRC they were 9th, although I didn't bother looking it up. I think a team with Rose/Wade would have been a serious contender for ECF in Rose's rookie year (won 50 games with BEasy), and likely with LeBron, and Bosh on board it's game over man. Means they likely would have had to sacrifice one of Miller, or Haslem, or the douche three would have had to take even less money, but man that team would have been something...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •