Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,912 Times in 4,153 Posts

Default Re: Steam Christmas Sale

New flash sales:

• Spec Ops: The Line - 10.19
    • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I & II - 2.49 each.
    • Rayman Origins - 10.19

Another solid set of sales to go along with Half-Life and Skyrim from earlier. Spec Ops had one of the best stories of any game I played last year and both Knights of the Old Republic games were excellent. I haven't played the new Rayman game, but I've only read positive reviews and intend to buy it before the sale ends.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

Borderlands 2 is on sale for 29.99 for the next eleven hours as the winner of the most recent Community Choice vote. Now's as good a time as any to snag it if you don't already own it.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

New sales today:

• Batman: Arkham Asylum - 4.99
    • Batman: Arkham City - 7.49
    • Castle Crashers - 5.09
    • Deadlight - 7.49
    • Magic: The Gathering - 4.99
    • Hotline Miami - 4.99
    • The Amazing Spider-Man - 24.99

The Batman games are both great. Deadlight is fun and has a great art design, but it is pretty short (about three hours on the first playthrough) and the clunky controls can occasionally make for some cheap deaths. Castle Crashers is an awesome game and definitely worth the five dollar price of admission, especially if you have some friends that play it. Hotline Miami is another fantastic game, although it is difficult.

New Flash Sales:

• Dota 2 - 14.99
    • Max Payne 3 - 14.99
    • Max Payne Bundle (1 & 2) - 3.74
    • F1 2012 - 24.99
    • Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - 19.99
    • Terraria - 3.39
    • Football Manager 2013 - 19.99
    • Towns - 7.49

The Max Payne games are a really good value. Other than that, not much there that interests me personally. I'd recommend Dark Souls, but if you're into games like that you probably already own the console version and the PC port is a bit on the subpar side from everything I've read. I bought Towns (looks interesting) but haven't had the chance to play it yet.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

FYI, sales from today:

• The Sims 3 - 10.19
    • The Walking Dead - 12.49
    • Natural Selection 2 - 9.99
    • Spec Ops: The Line - 10.19
    • The Legend of Grimrock - 3.74
    • ARMA II: Combined Ops - 14.99

Some good stuff there, particularly if you want to get in on DayZ.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 629 Posts

I love waking up ever morning and checking for the deals. I'm hoping civilization 5 wins the community choice vote.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,494 Times in 602 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    I love waking up ever morning and checking for the deals. I'm hoping civilization 5 wins the community choice vote.
    Me too. Ive wanted that game for a long time now but it never got to be cheap enough.

My friend bought a game called Don't Starve and sent a copy to me and its basically a twisted version of mincraft. Its in the beta stage but its not bad. I think its $12 on steam.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

Some mini reviews:

Rochard - Really awesome side-scrolling puzzle platformer. It's between four to five hours long (assuming you try to find everything). The story and voice acting are pretty godawful, but the game is still worth a buy, especially if you nab it on sale.

Mark of the Ninja - Great stealth side-scroller. It can be difficult, and there are a few parts that fall more into frustrating than difficult, but overall it's one of the better games I've played this year, and the art style is absolutely top notch.

Shank/Shank 2 - Made by the same guys as Mark of the Ninja. I beat the first Shank earlier this week and really enjoyed it. Like Ninja, there were some parts that were more frustrating than difficult, but the rest of the game was challenging but fun. I've only just started the second game. The combat is a lot more fluid, but since I just got done with the first game it takes a lot of getting used to since the basic mechanics tend to be slightly different, which alters your timing completely.

Natural Selection 2 - Unique multi-player game that merges FPS with RTS. It's one of the rare games that actually requires communication to be successful. Unfortunately, I've been dealing with an issue where the game breaks my headset, which causes me to lose audio in the game. I can fix my headset by unplugging it and then plugging it back in, but unfortunately I haven't figured out how to restore audio to the game without restarting it. I posted on the game's forums to try to resolve the issue, but until I figure out what's wrong the game is borderline unplayable since I can't communicate with my teammates after the bug occurs.

Thanks

Picked up civilization 5 game of the year for 12 bones.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    Picked up civilization 5 game of the year for 12 bones.
    Always a good deal.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,494 Times in 602 Posts

Bout to get Civ 5 as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

Got XCOM, great game. To say it's addicting would be an understatement.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

XCOM is on my "to buy at a future time" list. I'll probably get it during the next big Steam sale when it's a bit cheaper unless they drop the price to 25 or under in this one. I already have a back log of like a thousand games I don't have time to play.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    XCOM is on my "to buy at a future time" list. I'll probably get it during the next big Steam sale when it's a bit cheaper unless they drop the price to 25 or under in this one. I already have a back log of like a thousand games I don't have time to play.
    Same, I just have way too many games and not nearly enough time.

Sent from my ass using tapatalk 2

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

Some more mini reviews:

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - Combat is a bit slow and clunky, but still a lot of fun and there really isn't much else like it on the market. The objective mode is by far the best gameplay type, where one team has various objectives and the other team must try to stop them. I also picked up War of the Roses today (the other medieval combat multi-player game on the market), but haven't had the chance to play it yet.

Legend of Grimrock - Technically got this from the Humble Bundle, but it's a solid game. If you miss the old school D&D style dungeon crawler games, this one is a great call-back to those days. The game itself appears to be pretty long. I've only played for about an hour and have seemingly barely scratched the surface. Plus the game supports user-generated content, giving it plenty of potential for life after beating the main game.

Ben There, Dan That - A funny indie adventure game that is mostly notable for its good writing. If you've played many an adventure game in your day, this is a great title to pick up on the cheap. It's not very long (took me roughly two hours to finish it), but much like Grimrock it's a nice call-back to a genre that doesn't get nearly enough love today, complete with the ridiculously convoluted and nonsensical puzzles.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks

By the way, on sale right now:

• War of the Roses - 14.99
    • Awesomenauts - 3.39
    • Torchlight - 3.74
    • Torchlight 2 - 9.99
    • Max Payne 3 - 14.99
    • Max Payne Bundle (1 & 2) - 3.74
    • Total War Grand Master Collection - 41.24
    • Transformers: War for Cybertron - 4.99
    • Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - 29.99
    • Terraria - 3.39
    • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 4.99
    • The Binding of Isaac - 1.24
    • Alan Wake Franchise - 9.99
    • Fable: The Lost Chapters - 2.49
    • Fable III - 12.49
    • F1 2012 - 24.99
    • Anna - 3.39
    • Ridge Racer Unbounded Bundle - 11.89
    • Prototype - 4.99
    • Prototype 2 - 19.99
    • Crysis Collection - 17.49
    • Towns - 7.49
    • RAGE - 4.99
    • Dead Island - 6.79

Lot of good deals today. I'd definitely recommend RAGE if you like shooters. It's enjoyable if very derivative of Fallout 3 (minus the humor). Human Revolution is another great deal at five bucks. That game is fantastic and suitably long. I'd also recommend the cheaper Transformers game. One of my friends did UI work for that game and the game itself is a lot of fun if, like me, you grew up watching the Transformers cartoons.