Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 108
  1. #31
    Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, oh
    Posts
    7,592
    Thanks
    2,015
    Thanked 4,715 Times in 2,075 Posts

    Default Re: Looking Ahead: 2013-2014 Cleveland Cavaliers

    Here is my projected lineup

    irving
    Waiters
    Thompson
    Zeller
    Gee
    Everything else is in the air.

  2. #32
    Cryotherapy Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,203
    Thanks
    5,087
    Thanked 9,417 Times in 2,008 Posts

    Default Re: Looking Ahead: 2013-2014 Cleveland Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    My dude perkins is averaging 4points 5boards and his PER is 9.26. Its so low players like derrick williams (14), antwan jamison (13.6), TT (14), and Robin lopez all have better PER's than him your just not gonna win titles win your center is doing that. That team is so much better when he isnt on the court and im sure Presti knows this. We arnt gonna get all there assists but im sure we could easily get perkins, pj3, and the raptors pick
    The stuff I read suggests that OKC likes Andy, and that he probably helps them against Miami, but they feel that they have to keep Perkins to get past the Spurs, Clippers, Gizzliers, & Lakers. That makes sense to me. Look what happened when the Cavs focused too much of the next playoff opponent. They lost to the Celtics in 2010.

    My take is that the chances for a Varejao trade to the Thunder are slim unless Presti has a big change of heart. I also think the Cavs would much prefer to take back a contract that ends in June 2014 instead of June 2015.

    I think we'll see a sizeable trade from the Cavs between now and July, I just don't have a clue what it is yet.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Douglar For This Useful Post:


  4. #33
    All Star Giambiwannabe7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,132
    Thanks
    2,671
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

    Default Re: Looking Ahead: 2013-2014 Cleveland Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Douglar View Post
    The stuff I read suggests that OKC likes Andy, and that he probably helps them against Miami, but they feel that they have to keep Perkins to get past the Spurs, Clippers, Gizzliers, & Lakers. That makes sense to me. Look what happened when the Cavs focused too much of the next playoff opponent. They lost to the Celtics in 2010.

    My take is that the chances for a Varejao trade to the Thunder are slim unless Presti has a big change of heart. I also think the Cavs would much prefer to take back a contract that ends in June 2014 instead of June 2015.

    I think we'll see a sizeable trade from the Cavs between now and July, I just don't have a clue what it is yet.
    This has been my view on Perk for a while now. I love Andy, but if you look at their respective histories vs Dwight, KP has been much more successful. Perk isn't in OKC to be their version of Andy. His numbers really don't mean much to them, they value him for things he does outside of the box scores. He can body up guys like Gasol and Dwight in ways that Andy just can't.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Giambiwannabe7 For This Useful Post:


  6. #34
    Rising Star *L-Train*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,454
    Thanks
    1,520
    Thanked 1,966 Times in 527 Posts

    Default Re: Looking Ahead: 2013-2014 Cleveland Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Douglar View Post
    The stuff I read suggests that OKC likes Andy, and that he probably helps them against Miami, but they feel that they have to keep Perkins to get past the Spurs, Clippers, Gizzliers, & Lakers. That makes sense to me. Look what happened when the Cavs focused too much of the next playoff opponent. They lost to the Celtics in 2010.

    My take is that the chances for a Varejao trade to the Thunder are slim unless Presti has a big change of heart. I also think the Cavs would much prefer to take back a contract that ends in June 2014 instead of June 2015.

    I think we'll see a sizeable trade from the Cavs between now and July, I just don't have a clue what it is yet.
    i totally agree with you. that's why i came up with this scenario. not to make this an Andy thread (i posted my idea in the "Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas" thread as well if you want to comment) but there is a way for the Thunder to keep Perk and get Andy:

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=czycq7n
    Last edited by *L-Train*; 12-26-2012 at 12:40 PM.

  7. #35
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    890
    Thanks
    190
    Thanked 307 Times in 184 Posts

    Default Re: Looking Ahead: 2013-2014 Cleveland Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by *L-Train* View Post
    i totally agree with you. that's why i came up with this scenario. not to make this an Andy thread (i posted my idea in the "Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas" thread as well if you want to comment) but there is a way for the Thunder to keep Perk and get Andy:

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=czycq7n
    We would most likely have to sub eric maynor in for lamb. They wont trade everything they got for harden for AV. Lamb is there long term at SG but meynor isnt playing alot of minuets and he matches for salary

  8. #36
    All Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,847
    Thanks
    4,028
    Thanked 3,922 Times in 1,289 Posts

    Default Re: Looking Ahead: 2013-2014 Cleveland Cavaliers

    If the Cavaliers made this trade I think we'd be a playoff team this year

  9. #37
    Veteran Triumph36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,515
    Thanks
    922
    Thanked 2,816 Times in 1,335 Posts

    Default Re: Looking Ahead: 2013-2014 Cleveland Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by theSTEREO. View Post
    We get the Lakers pick if we want it as long as it is anywhere between 15-29 and give them Miamis in return. If it is 1-14, the lakers pick goes to Phoenix and we just have to keep the Miami pick.

    The pick from Toronto that OKC owns is for 2013 lottery, and only gets bumped to 2014 if it lands in the top 3 this year.

    So, if we somehow trade for the Toronto pick and its not top three, well probably have something like #3, #6, #15, #33, and #38 this summer alone.
    If you really think the Lakers pick will be at #15, you're in for a disappointment. They've been plagued by injuries and coaching changes, and they're still only .5 games away from being #15.

    It's gonna end up in the 20s, which isn't that great because the draft is already weak.

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy89 View Post
    OKC has the best record in the NBA right now.

    They have made exactly zero noise this year about wanting to trade for Andy.

    They can potentially add a top 5 pick to a team that is already contending for an NBA title and has a window that could be open for 10 years if they choose to keep the team together.

    Sam Presti is not trading the bounty he got for James Harden for Andy.

    The plan all along I think was for Martin to be a 1 year rental, and then draft a low cost replacement for Harden with that lottery pick.

    People who think he is trading a top 5 pick for Andy are nuts, and haven't followed his career very closely.

    They are in "win now" and "win 5-10 years from now" mode. Trading for Andy right now cuts their window down to 2 years or bust. That is not how Presti works.
    The Thunder already had a 10 year window with Harden, but chose to pinch pennies instead.

    If they draft well with Toronto's pick, they're just going to run in to the exact same issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    My dude perkins is averaging 4points 5boards and his PER is 9.26. Its so low players like derrick williams (14), antwan jamison (13.6), TT (14), and Robin lopez all have better PER's than him your just not gonna win titles win your center is doing that. That team is so much better when he isnt on the court and im sure Presti knows this. We arnt gonna get all there assists but im sure we could easily get perkins, pj3, and the raptors pick
    It's hard to take you seriously when you bring up PER in any discussion re: Kendrick Perkins.

    (not to mention 'there,' 'assists,' et all)

  10. #38
    Bring on the Tribe! Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sandusky, OH
    Posts
    6,922
    Thanks
    3,687
    Thanked 3,845 Times in 1,643 Posts

    Default Re: Looking Ahead: 2013-2014 Cleveland Cavaliers

    It's almost March now, so I thought I'd give the thread the ole' bump. I'll update the OP soon.

  11. #39
    Rising Star bushwick_bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,778
    Thanks
    2,532
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 493 Posts

    Default Re: Looking Ahead: 2013-2014 Cleveland Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
    If you really think the Lakers pick will be at #15, you're in for a disappointment. They've been plagued by injuries and coaching changes, and they're still only .5 games away from being #15.

    It's gonna end up in the 20s, which isn't that great because the draft is already weak.

    The Thunder already had a 10 year window with Harden, but chose to pinch pennies instead.

    If they draft well with Toronto's pick, they're just going to run in to the exact same issue.

    It's hard to take you seriously when you bring up PER in any discussion re: Kendrick Perkins.

    (not to mention 'there,' 'assists,' et all)
    I have a hard time always taking you serious....

  12. #40
    Best of the Land Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    8,196
    Thanks
    2,395
    Thanked 4,210 Times in 1,680 Posts

    Default Re: Truth And Rumors (trade deadline talk)

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy89 View Post
    If I may be so bold, what exactly is the plan in 2014 if Lebron doesn't sign here?

    It seems everything is being done for 2014 with him as the big target, but is there a plan B that makes us title contenders without him? He is the only free agent I see that season that would be the type capable of putting us over the top.

    If that doesn't happen do they finally commit the money to a tier B "star" free agent, because the cap space can't be hoarded forever.
    Kevin Love. Kobe Bryant. Dwayne Wade. Chris Bosh. Carmelo Anthony. Andre Iguodala. Rudy Gay. Luol Deng. Demarcus Cousins.

    Just some of the potential free agents in 2014 that are all-star caliber players.

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents/

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:


  14. #41
    Team Player Henry Tuttle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    646
    Thanks
    899
    Thanked 862 Times in 266 Posts

    Default Re: Truth And Rumors (trade deadline talk)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie To The View Post
    Kevin Love. Kobe Bryant. Dwayne Wade. Chris Bosh. Carmelo Anthony. Andre Iguodala. Rudy Gay. Luol Deng. Demarcus Cousins.

    Just some of the potential free agents in 2014 that are all-star caliber players.

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents/
    I have no interest in any restricted free agents, as that basically ensures the Cavs having to overpay. The only realistic targets that I'd like to see the Cavs pursue would be Deng, Jeff Taylor, and Rudy Gay if he can come to terms with not being a max player.

  15. #42
    Best of the Land Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    8,196
    Thanks
    2,395
    Thanked 4,210 Times in 1,680 Posts

    Default Re: Truth And Rumors (trade deadline talk)

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Tuttle View Post
    I have no interest in any restricted free agents, as that basically ensures the Cavs having to overpay. The only realistic targets that I'd like to see the Cavs pursue would be Deng, Jeff Taylor, and Rudy Gay if he can come to terms with not being a max player.
    What is wrong with overpaying? It is what we have the cap space for. Paying great players.

  16. #43
    Team Player Henry Tuttle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    646
    Thanks
    899
    Thanked 862 Times in 266 Posts

    Default Re: Truth And Rumors (trade deadline talk)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie To The View Post
    What is wrong with overpaying? It is what we have the cap space for. Paying great players.
    The problem with overpaying is that, by definition, you are paying too much. Obviously a team must be in a position to overpay, so I don't think that positioning renders the problem insignificant.

  17. #44
    Team Player Henry Tuttle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    646
    Thanks
    899
    Thanked 862 Times in 266 Posts

    Default Re: Truth And Rumors (trade deadline talk)

    It'd be cool to do a poll of free agent philosophies vs when you started following the Cavs seriously. I have a feeling that those who adamantly followed the 2005 FA period may be a little more reserved with their pretend spending.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Henry Tuttle For This Useful Post:


  19. #45
    Best of the Land Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    8,196
    Thanks
    2,395
    Thanked 4,210 Times in 1,680 Posts

    Default Re: Looking Ahead: 2013-2014 Cleveland Cavaliers

    There is a difference between overpaying role players, and "overpaying" perennial all-stars.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •