Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,818 Times in 1,629 Posts

Default Re: Game 31 | Hawks @ Cavs | Friday December 28, 7:30 PM EST

Quote Originally Posted by ajz20 View Post
    Al Horford ‏@Al_Horford

Cleveland fans are great! Very impressed with the way they support their team.
    Cool, now do something to get traded to us.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,329 Times in 2,501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SRStark20 View Post
    Cool, now do something to get traded to us.
    I've had a couple beers. But this isn't an impossible idea. The Cavs were interested in the past. Ferry is GM of the Hawks so a good relationship helps. Ferry also likes Varejao. Josh Smith is a Hawk and Smith and Ferry are rumored to have an understanding about his next deal. Supposedly Dwight Howard is Smith's best friend. Perhaps Smith could convince Howard to come to Atlanta making Horford unnecessary and unhappy. If Ferry believes he can get Howard, I wouldn't be surprised if Horford becomes available. Varejao and picks young pieces for Horford? Not impossible IMO.

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
    I've had a couple beers. But this isn't an impossible idea. The Cavs were interested in the past. Ferry is GM of the Hawks so a good relationship helps. Ferry also likes Varejao. Josh Smith is a Hawk and Smith and Ferry are rumored to have an understanding about his next deal. Supposedly Dwight Howard is Smith's best friend. Perhaps Smith could convince Howard to come to Atlanta making Horford unnecessary and unhappy. If Ferry believes he can get Howard, I wouldn't be surprised if Horford becomes available. Varejao and picks young pieces for Horford? Not impossible IMO.
    If I recall he was fired.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,415 Times in 2,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhi View Post
    If I recall he was fired.
    He was just hired in June. That would be one short GM term.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajz20 View Post
    Al Horford ‏@Al_Horford

Cleveland fans are great! Very impressed with the way they support their team.
    Very classy of him! We're great fans!

Thanks

Reeeelllllaaaxxxxx

Dion got cold. He's a rookie, it happens.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,509 Times in 481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hefner_Deezy View Post
    He was just hired in June. That would be one short GM term.
    What he means is how does one have a 'good relationship' with an organization he was fired from (Cleveland).

In turn, he actually stepped down so the relationship is probably a good one.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Numbers Guy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I could not watch the game, so I went through the play by play. Interesting how different the percepton of the game is. It looks like kyrie took a vacation in the first six minutes, while Jeff Teague was busy lighting it up 8-0 hawks. Then after the other cavs show some fight, he gets involved and by half time its even.

3rd quarter cavs come out on fire, zellers jump shots are dropping, but nobody is going inside. Then Gee gets busy and starts drawing fouls. Cavs finish five up.

In the fourth, Jeff Teague comes out on a personl mission and drops four points and two dimes, while Pargo counters with a turnover and two lame jumpshot misses. Cavs bring back dion and kyrie, but inexpilicably sit gee over miles. The jumpshots ensue. nobody seems to be able to make a layup until Kyrie finally gets rim with 3 minutes to play for the cavs last bucket of the game. No one takes it inside until dion tries a drive with 19 seconds left, down eight. Miles made no contribution in the final four minutes...

So it looks as if the Cavs were competitive when Kyrie was interested, but the lack of points inside is disturbing. Zeller has a short jumper, which is useful, but he needs to be better post presence to really be a starting center, and Tristan did not help at all. Lots of you down on Dion, and this may be justified. Take it to the rim with 19 seconds and down eight, what are you thinking?
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..

Thanks
    Thanked 9,272 Times in 3,607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    I could not watch the game, so I went through the play by play. Interesting how different the percepton of the game is. It looks like kyrie took a vacation in the first six minutes, while Jeff Teague was busy lighting it up 8-0 hawks. Then after the other cavs show some fight, he gets involved and by half time its even.

3rd quarter cavs come out on fire, zellers jump shots are dropping, but nobody is going inside. Then Gee gets busy and starts drawing fouls. Cavs finish five up.

In the fourth, Jeff Teague comes out on a personl mission and drops four points and two dimes, while Pargo counters with a turnover and two lame jumpshot misses. Cavs bring back dion and kyrie, but inexpilicably sit gee over miles. The jumpshots ensue. nobody seems to be able to make a layup until Kyrie finally gets rim with 3 minutes to play for the cavs last bucket of the game. No one takes it inside until dion tries a drive with 19 seconds left, down eight. Miles made no contribution in the final four minutes...

So it looks as if the Cavs were competitive when Kyrie was interested, but the lack of points inside is disturbing. Zeller has a short jumper, which is useful, but he needs to be better post presence to really be a starting center, and Tristan did not help at all. Lots of you down on Dion, and this may be justified. Take it to the rim with 19 seconds and down eight, what are you thinking?
    Id say hes thinking the game is over, and hed be correct. This is exactly how this team should look against good teams. Play even most of the way and not manage to close. That is expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot