Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,532 Times in 3,178 Posts

Default Re: Shurmur and Heckert fired (ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Kelly never really had the luxury of a dual threat QB, guys like Darron Thomas and Masoli just can't throw consistently.

Mariotta is probably a better passer than anything.
    That's why I think that, if Kelly ends up being the guy, Vick will end up on this team. He's got the arm and the mobility to run an adapted version of Kelly's offense in the NFL. What remains to be seen is if he can morph back into an elite quarterback behind a competent offensive line.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    That's why I think that, if Kelly ends up being the guy, Vick will end up on this team. He's got the arm and the mobility to run an adapted version of Kelly's offense in the NFL. What remains to be seen is if he can morph back into an elite quarterback behind a competent offensive line.
    He has done it once already......pair him with guys like Little, Gordon, Cameron, Benjamin, oh, and don't forget about T-Rich.

I'll take 3 or 4 or more years of that thank you.
    Last edited by Ignatius; 01-01-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    *Hot Topics*RCF FAQDonate to RCF!

RCF All-Time Rank : rep #38 posts #34

Thanks
    Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,086 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro Kinesis View Post
    Fuck that picture is sad. Get it outta here.
    Aren't you the guy that calls for everyone to be fired, though? Kinda ironic.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DDJ7777 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,470 Times in 1,156 Posts

Sports Guru
    Thanks

Geno Smith isn't mobile. When I watch him he has about the same mobility as weeden. That's the biggest myth about him. If Kelly needs mobile qbs then I think he would look at ones that are already in the NFL. Qbs like Vick, Young, Pryor, Dennis Dixon Alex Smith to an extent. I'm sure there are more and he will need more than1. None of them are long term solutions and we don't know what Kelly will run in the NFL.
    Cleveland Fan Forever!!!! Cavs Browns Tribe

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clevelandfan15 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,537 Times in 669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigMar Lion View Post
    He has done it once already......pair him with guys like Little, Gordon, Cameron, Benjamin, oh, and don't forget about T-Rich.

I'll take 3 or 4 or more years of that thank you.
    On top of that, the cost-benefit may lean towards Vick - given Weeden's age, who is more likely to be successful with a guy like Kelly over the next 3-4 years? Probably Vick.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MDLT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,934 Times in 500 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I.K.W.T View Post

My buddy lives in Portland and says the vibe there is that Kelly isn't going anywhere. He has some great recruits coming in and is poised to make a run at the national championship next season. He is also making a lot of money at Oregon, so has a pretty cushy gig.

(On a side note, my buddy works at a pizza shop out there and one day Oregon's prize recruit Thomas Tyner came in. The shop's manager is a huge Ducks fan and offered to buy him a pizza. Tyner had to call his lawyer, who told him he could not accept the free pizza or else he would be in violation of NCAA rules -- just for a pizza!)

Obviously this isn't inside info, just thought I'd share the vibe of the Oregon folk.

Thanks

People seem to be forgetting that Michael Vick is not good at football. Only once in his career has he completed more than 60 percent of his passes, and has only played a full season once.

Plus there's the whole dog-killing thing that I just can't look past.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Hill View Post
    People seem to be forgetting that Michael Vick is not good at football. Only once in his career has he completed more than 60 percent of his passes, and has only played a full season once.

Last time I checked dog-killing doesn't exactly equate into X's and O's. He's a pro-bowler with athletic skills that no one can question. The only thing you can question is his mental focus.

Saying "Michael Vick is not good at football" would go against my logic of thinking "shit, people have been throwing million dollar contracts at him to play football before and after he got out of prison".

Michael Vick can play football.

How much longer can Michael Vick play football and can he facilitate in winning a Super Bowl are the type of questions you must ask.
    Last edited by Ignatius; 01-01-2013 at 04:34 PM.
    *Hot Topics*RCF FAQDonate to RCF!

RCF All-Time Rank : rep #38 posts #34

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ignatius For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,758 Posts

Heckert and Reid are reuniting in Arizona.

Rising out of the ashes

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,532 Times in 3,178 Posts

Saying he's not good at football is a ridiculous statement. He had one of the worst offensive lines in football failing to protect him this year (maybe they were dog lovers?), and a lot of his turnovers can be attributed to him being constantly being rushed, hit, or having to scramble. Just the fact that Vick, on the right team, has the potential to be an elite quarterback makes him a better option than just about anyone else we either already have (Weeden/McCoy) or would be able to obtain during the off-season.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,758 Posts

Jason La Canfora has us and Philly both going for Bill O'Brien.

Rising out of the ashes

Thanks
    Thanked 8,329 Times in 2,501 Posts

@JasonLaCanfora: Reid could easily put together staff with guys like Juan Castillo, Pat Shurmur, Brad Childress. Also, Reid could work with Kolb if need be

@JasonLaCanfora: However, with Andy Reid looking like he'll be the guy in Arizona, Tom Heckert, who he worked with in Philly, I suspect Heckert lands in AZ

Looks like our boys could all be headed to the desert.

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 481 Posts

My buddy lives in Portland and says the vibe there is that Kelly isn't going anywhere. He has some great recruits coming in and is poised to make a run at the national championship next season. He is also making a lot of money at Oregon, so has a pretty cushy gig.

(On a side note, my buddy works at a pizza shop out there and one day Oregon's prize recruit Thomas Tyner came in. The shop's manager is a huge Ducks fan and offered to buy him a pizza. Tyner had to call his lawyer, who told him he could not accept the free pizza or else he would be in violation of NCAA rules -- just for a pizza!)

Obviously this isn't inside info, just thought I'd share the vibe of the Oregon folk.
    I think it really depends on the sanctions Oregon receives from the NCAA....$25,000 to what amounts as a "handler" and then trying to cover it up is a pretty big deal. A lot of people think Nike will make it go away and Oregon will receive a simple slap on the wrist, but if you use Ohio State and Penn State as a measuring stick, Kelly won't be around after this season.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigMar Lion View Post
    Last time I checked dog-killing doesn't exactly equate into X's and O's. He's a pro-bowler with athletic skills that no one can question. The only thing you can question is his mental focus.

Saying "Michael Vick is not good at football" would go against my logic of thinking "shit, people have been throwing million dollar contracts at him to play football before and after he got out of prison".

Michael Vick can play football.
    Bad QBs have been getting millions of dollars for decades. And Philly thought so much of his multi-million dollar contract that he lost his job to Nick Foles (who posted an almost identical QB rating playing behind the same shoddy offensive line). He has phenomenal athletic skills, and is a mediocre-at-best passer.

How much longer can Michael Vick play football and can he facilitate in winning a Super Bowl are the type of questions you must ask,
    The answer to this question is that he never has played at a Super Bowl level, and at age 33 (at the start of the 2013 season), he probably never will. He has won a grand total of two playoff games in his career, with a career mark of 2-3. He has played 16 games once in his career. He has had a QB rating above 80 three times in nine seasons as the main starter, and only one season above 90.

That doesn't even mention the headaches he brings with him. There is the checkered past with the dogs. There were also trade rumors frequently floated from his camp this season. Do you really think that is how Joe Banner and Jimmy Haslam want to start their reign in Cleveland?

Overrated player. Can't stay healthy. Bad guy. Headaches on and off the field. No thanks.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Hill For This Useful Post: