Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,683 Times in 3,234 Posts

Default Re: Casspi Requests Trade

Quote Originally Posted by SmknJoe7 View Post
    Yes, his 3pt% is great, but it really makes his overall shooting % of 39% even that much more outrageous. Subtract the 3's and Casspi is hitting on only 31% of his shots. Terrible. In his last 5 games played, he shot 2/14(14%) and 1/7(14%) from 3pt while taking only 6 FT's. Besides that, I firmly believe BS just does not like the dude. I really believe that BS think s Casspi just does not get it.
    But you can't subtract the threes because that would be pointless. Did you know that if you subtract the twos from Dwight Howard's shooting percentage he's shooting 0%?!?!?

Seriously, though, there are clearly teams that could use this guy as a spot-up shooter. He was playing pretty well in limited minutes earlier this season.

Rookie
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kosis View Post
    I'd be offended to hear that Casspi asked for a different flavor of Gatorade. Guy's lucky to be in the league.
    Hate to break it to you but a guy who can shoot the 3-ball at a decent clip, is a serviceable defender, and most importantly sells jerseys like an allstar, will always have a place in the league, AND get any muthafucking flavor of gatorade he wants.

Thanks

MARKLAR!
    Last edited by ClevelandOwnz; 01-07-2013 at 02:29 PM.

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Besides that, I firmly believe BS just does not like the dude. I really believe that BS think s Casspi just does not get it.
    If that's the case, I'm all for flushing Byron's dog house. There's no point having players on the roster he has no faith in.

otoh, injuries do happen, and if Scott doesn't hate him he may very well get another chance to prove himself.

GET POOPED ON KID Dodger Champion Feed The King Champion Grab the Green Champion Pretty Kitty Champion Bubble Jumper Champion Master Mahjongg Champion HACKER Champion Blockdown Champion Find the keys Champion Pretty Puppies Puzzles Champion Mega Bounce Champion 2mazed Champion Quadratical Champion NtG's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 597 Posts

My reaction:

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NtG For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    If that's the case, I'm all for flushing Byron's dog house. There's no point having players on the roster he has no faith in.

otoh, injuries do happen, and if Scott doesn't hate him he may very well get another chance to prove himself.
    It'll be interesting to see, with the innuendo of some Casspi trade rumors out there, if we start seeing some showcasing in the very near future. Not that I think his trade value is a whole lot...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teamballer View Post
    Hate to break it to you but a guy who can shoot the 3-ball at a decent clip, is a serviceable defender, and most importantly sells jerseys like an allstar, will always have a place in the league, AND get any muthafucking flavor of gatorade he wants.
    Liar. You loved breaking it to me.

Veteran
    Thanks

It'll be interesting to see, with the innuendo of some Casspi trade rumors out there, if we start seeing some showcasing in the very near future. Not that I think his trade value is a whole lot...
    I feel like showcasing should have been in quotes.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Miracle of Richfield daytripper's Avatar
    Thanks

Some Israeli basketball fans on Twitter are saying that an Israeli newspaper reported over the weekend that Casspi will be traded ASAP and that Mem/Hou/Minn supposedly have interest.

Personally I don't see how he has much trade value unless they package him in a bigger deal.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 727 Posts

I'd accept a 2nd rounder at this point for him. It's clear he has no future in this organization, which we can see from his lack of playing time to comments Scott has made regarding his lack of understanding of the system.

Showcase him? Too risky. Just send out youtube videos of him playing in SAC.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pr26 For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
    Some Israeli basketball fans on Twitter are saying that an Israeli newspaper reported over the weekend that Casspi will be traded ASAP and that Mem/Hou/Minn supposedly have interest.

Personally I don't see how he has much trade value unless they package him in a bigger deal.
    Memphis - Maybe Hollinger has some super secret statistic that proves Casspi is amazing?

Houston - Ditto for Morey?

Minnesota - He's white. Well, sort of.

Rookie
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytripper View Post

He doesn't have much trade value, but he also has no value to the Cavs if BS doesn't want to play him. So either the Cavs let him go at the end of the year for nothing or they can get a bag of chips for him now (most likely in the form of a late second round pick or another player who is glued to the bench on his current team).

Rookie
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Memphis - Maybe Hollinger has some super secret statistic that proves Casspi is amazing?

Houston - Ditto for Morey?

Minnesota - He's white. Well, sort of.
    I lol'd

Thanks
    Thanked 9,367 Times in 3,660 Posts

I didn't realize, until reading this thread, that Casspi was a decent defender? Someone needed to .gif the game against the Nets earlier in the season where 58 year old Jerry Stackhouse gave him a jab-step and then blew by him like he was dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

Gold Star Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 945 Posts

I have reasonable expectations of Casspi and understand what he is as a player and prospect, but I can't understand why he hasn't been getting minutes on a team like the Cavs with where they are now as a franchise and what they're supposed to be doing right now. Thought with this long term building project and young players that they were supposed to be trying to develop, giving them playing time and finding out for sure if they have a place here or not. I would much rather have seen Casspi getting the minutes Walton has been getting. Walton playing makes absolutely no sense and only makes me wonder what the hell this organization is doing sometimes.

I think Casspi does have some value around the league. Still only 24 and has produced in the past when given consistent minutes and teams may like a SF who's 6-9. If you're not going to play him and don't feel he's going to be here long term than move him and get something.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NarlCavs For This Useful Post: