Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 159
  1. #46
    Team Player Pick6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    731
    Thanks
    627
    Thanked 379 Times in 197 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State FB Recruiting

    Bill Greene ‏@BillBankGreene

    Corey Smith has decommitted from Mississppi State and has committed to Ohio State.

  2. #47
    All Star NorthCoastBias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Heart of it All
    Posts
    4,580
    Thanks
    4,440
    Thanked 4,078 Times in 1,056 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State FB Recruiting

    At this point, with National Signing Day on Wednesday, there are only three uncommitted recruits to keep an eye on.

    Vonn Bell is making his choice at 10:05 on ESPNU Wednesday morning. While most people were calling him a lock to Alabama a few weeks ago, more and more recruiting analysts view this as an OSU-Tennessee battle. Everett Withers, OSU's assistant head coach and co-defensive coordinator, visited with Vonn at his school yesterday and then met with Vonn's parents. The staff has developed a great relationship with the whole Bell family over this process so hopefully that helps seal the deal.

    Dontre Wilson is visiting Texas this weekend but all reports are that this is still an Oregon-OSU battle. He never de-committed from Oregon but obviously him taking visits indicates that he's weighing his options. Reports are that he'll decide Sunday night after returning from his Texas visit.

    James Clark is still in play, especially after Clemson, one of his primary suitors, did not show up for a scheduled in-home visit last night. This one will likely come down to Florida and OSU, with Florida being the favorite. Bill Greene said that Clark did not come with either of his parents on his visit to OSU, but will visit Florida with his father. This will also be his sixth unofficial visit to Florida during this process. Of the three, uncommitted prospects, Clark is the least likely to end up with the Buckeyes.

    Finally, from everything I've read, there is no reason to be concerned about Trey Johnson, Ezekiel Elliott or Donovan Munger. OSU should receive faxes from all three of them on National Signing Day.

  3. #48
    Bania'd Soda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Side of CLE
    Posts
    7,951
    Thanks
    4,181
    Thanked 4,839 Times in 2,061 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State FB Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by theNorthCoastKid View Post
    At this point, with National Signing Day on Wednesday, there are only three uncommitted recruits to keep an eye on.

    Vonn Bell is making his choice at 10:05 on ESPNU Wednesday morning. While most people were calling him a lock to Alabama a few weeks ago, more and more recruiting analysts view this as an OSU-Tennessee battle. Everett Withers, OSU's assistant head coach and co-defensive coordinator, visited with Vonn at his school yesterday and then met with Vonn's parents. The staff has developed a great relationship with the whole Bell family over this process so hopefully that helps seal the deal.

    Dontre Wilson is visiting Texas this weekend but all reports are that this is still an Oregon-OSU battle. He never de-committed from Oregon but obviously him taking visits indicates that he's weighing his options. Reports are that he'll decide Sunday night after returning from his Texas visit.

    James Clark is still in play, especially after Clemson, one of his primary suitors, did not show up for a scheduled in-home visit last night. This one will likely come down to Florida and OSU, with Florida being the favorite. Bill Greene said that Clark did not come with either of his parents on his visit to OSU, but will visit Florida with his father. This will also be his sixth unofficial visit to Florida during this process. Of the three, uncommitted prospects, Clark is the least likely to end up with the Buckeyes.

    Finally, from everything I've read, there is no reason to be concerned about Trey Johnson, Ezekiel Elliott or Donovan Munger. OSU should receive faxes from all three of them on National Signing Day.
    On the bolded. I read the same. I'm only really worried about Bell. The rest of them are gravy, but I want Bell on the Buckeyes.

    Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

  4. #49
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 56 Times in 33 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State FB Recruiting

    Tennessee insiders are pretty confident about Vonn Bell. Florida insiders are pretty confident about James Clark. ESPN reporter recently said that Dontre Wilson name has been gaining steam in relation to OSU. Wilson is visiting Texas, but they are a longshot. It's a OSU-Oregon battle.

    WR Luke Vadas is a guy to keep an eye on as preferred walk-on. He had an offer from Marshall. Visiting this weekend.

    The 2013 class is a great one for OSU and the 2014 has the potential to be even better.

    If you're interested in Ohio State recruiting (basketball or football) follow me on twitter, I just signed up:

    @OSUCavsfan89

  5. #50
    Rising Star Hurl Bruce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Parma, OH
    Posts
    1,585
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 328 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State FB Recruiting

    Mike Farrell from Rivals is calling Bell and Wilson to OSU.

  6. #51
    All Star NorthCoastBias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Heart of it All
    Posts
    4,580
    Thanks
    4,440
    Thanked 4,078 Times in 1,056 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State FB Recruiting

    Dontre Wilson is announcing tonight some time in the 10 o'clock hour. From all accounts, he'll be picking the Buckeyes

  7. #52
    All Star NorthCoastBias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Heart of it All
    Posts
    4,580
    Thanks
    4,440
    Thanked 4,078 Times in 1,056 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State FB Recruiting


  8. #53
    Joe Thomas Fan Club col63onel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohio City
    Posts
    4,960
    Thanks
    729
    Thanked 3,249 Times in 1,045 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State FB Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurl Bruce View Post
    Mike Farrell from Rivals is calling Bell and Wilson to OSU.
    Would be great a finish to a great class.

    Meyer and Hoke are badly out-recruiting the rest of the conference right now.
    The Wine and Gold Knight Rises


  9. #54
    Bania'd Soda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Side of CLE
    Posts
    7,951
    Thanks
    4,181
    Thanked 4,839 Times in 2,061 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State FB Recruiting

    Did not think Dontre Wilson was going Buckeye. I'm pleasantly surprised.

    Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

  10. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,954
    Thanks
    1,213
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 663 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State FB Recruiting

    So Ohio State has 25 scholarships available?

  11. #56
    Believeland DraftPick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,492
    Thanks
    987
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 353 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State FB Recruiting

    New Logo:



    http://www.landgrantholyland.com/201...ins-everything

    Blaaaaahhhhhh. Looks like a 5 year old colored in the lettering in paint.

  12. #57
    Time For A Title Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Best of the Land
    Posts
    8,928
    Thanks
    2,937
    Thanked 4,786 Times in 1,885 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State FB Recruiting

    Looks like ass.

  13. #58
    Joe Thomas Fan Club col63onel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohio City
    Posts
    4,960
    Thanks
    729
    Thanked 3,249 Times in 1,045 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State FB Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    So Ohio State has 25 scholarships available?
    A couple of players left due to injuries. One was a frosh Olineman.
    The Wine and Gold Knight Rises


  14. #59
    All Star NorthCoastBias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Heart of it All
    Posts
    4,580
    Thanks
    4,440
    Thanked 4,078 Times in 1,056 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State FB Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    So Ohio State has 25 scholarships available?
    They can have 25 commits as long as there are 82 scholarship players by the start of fall camp. As it stands right now, if Wilson and Bell are added, one player would need to be removed from the current roster.

  15. #60
    Don't just stare at it.. A Squared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,131
    Thanks
    2,340
    Thanked 2,855 Times in 784 Posts

    Default Re: Ohio State FB Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by DraftPick View Post
    New Logo:



    http://www.landgrantholyland.com/201...ins-everything

    Blaaaaahhhhhh. Looks like a 5 year old colored in the lettering in paint.
    God awful.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •