Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 263
  1. #61
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    8,527
    Thanks
    4,522
    Thanked 8,500 Times in 3,166 Posts

    Default Re: Sonics coming back?

    Quote Originally Posted by shoes22 View Post
    "Emotional investment" is bull. That family is a financial mess. I have a hard time believing the Maloofs can walk away from $500 million. That's well over what the Kings are worth.
    It's about 500 million more than the Maloofs are worth too.

  2. #62
    Hall of Famer MoFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    10,601
    Thanks
    10,243
    Thanked 13,033 Times in 3,537 Posts

    Default Re: Sonics coming back?

    Ken Berger‏@KBergCBS

    Potential buyer Mark Mastrov tells @CBSSports he wants to buy the #Kings and keep them in Sacramento.
    .

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to MoFlo For This Useful Post:


  4. #63
    Hall of Famer MoFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    10,601
    Thanks
    10,243
    Thanked 13,033 Times in 3,537 Posts

    Default Re: Sonics coming back?

    Uh oh, Seattle:

    Kurt Helin‏@basketballtalk

    Report: Kings buyer who would keep team in Sacramento has made formal offer to Maloofs http://dlvr.it/2n69qg #PBT #NBA

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to MoFlo For This Useful Post:


  6. #64
    1234567890 Numbers Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    3,329
    Thanks
    814
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 479 Posts

    Default Re: Sonics coming back?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoFlo View Post
    Uh oh, Seattle:
    That group lead by Mastrov is not worth enough to warrant buying the team. The Seattle group is worth billions, if the Kings stay in Sacramento with this group, they will be in the same boat.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Numbers Guy For This Useful Post:


  8. #65
    IT'S TRIBE TIME NOW!!! Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Posts
    17,666
    Thanks
    3,550
    Thanked 5,641 Times in 2,595 Posts

    Default Re: Sonics coming back?

    Seattle;

    -Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyro For This Useful Post:


  10. #66
    ~
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,425
    Thanks
    2,806
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

    Default Re: Sonics coming back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    That group lead by Mastrov is not worth enough to warrant buying the team. The Seattle group is worth billions, if the Kings stay in Sacramento with this group, they will be in the same boat.
    A city deserves any reasonable opportunity to keep their team. That is if this other group is truly committed and isn't going to pull a Clayton Bennet.

  11. #67
    Adrninistrator Huber.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,748
    Thanks
    2,148
    Thanked 6,415 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Default Re: Sonics coming back?



  12. #68
    IT'S TRIBE TIME NOW!!! Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Posts
    17,666
    Thanks
    3,550
    Thanked 5,641 Times in 2,595 Posts

    Default Re: Sonics coming back?

    So let's say the Kings don't move. What team is now the most likely to move to Seattle?
    -Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

  13. #69
    Rising Star "Boobie" Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,352
    Thanks
    802
    Thanked 831 Times in 477 Posts

    Default Re: Sonics coming back?

    None.

    Why does everyone care if Seattle gets a team or not?

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to "Boobie" Gibson For This Useful Post:


  15. #70
    IT'S TRIBE TIME NOW!!! Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Posts
    17,666
    Thanks
    3,550
    Thanked 5,641 Times in 2,595 Posts

    Default Re: Sonics coming back?

    Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    None.

    Why does everyone care if Seattle gets a team or not?
    Because they are a bigger basketball city than even Cleveland. Imagine that.
    -Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

  16. #71
    Rising Star "Boobie" Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,352
    Thanks
    802
    Thanked 831 Times in 477 Posts

    Default Re: Sonics coming back?

    Quote Originally Posted by AuricGoldfinger View Post
    Because they are a bigger basketball city than even Cleveland. Imagine that.
    How so? And again, who cares. I'm sure there are plenty of cities who would be thrilled to get a team. Seattle is fine... at least they have A professional sports team.

  17. #72
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    870
    Thanks
    175
    Thanked 303 Times in 181 Posts

    Default Re: Sonics coming back?

    Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    How so? And again, who cares. I'm sure there are plenty of cities who would be thrilled to get a team. Seattle is fine... at least they have A professional sports team.
    Agreed damn who would sacramento have? and we know if they lose a team they wont be getting one back like seattle is so destine to

  18. #73
    IT'S TRIBE TIME NOW!!! Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Posts
    17,666
    Thanks
    3,550
    Thanked 5,641 Times in 2,595 Posts

    Default Re: Sonics coming back?

    Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    How so? And again, who cares. I'm sure there are plenty of cities who would be thrilled to get a team. Seattle is fine... at least they have A professional sports team.
    Because they actually showed up, good or bad teams. Because they RAGED when they moved the original Sonics. Do you honestly think there would be that much of an uproar if the Cavs moved? Probably not. Nobody would care. 0bodies.
    -Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

  19. #74
    Rising Star "Boobie" Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,352
    Thanks
    802
    Thanked 831 Times in 477 Posts

    Default Re: Sonics coming back?

    Quote Originally Posted by AuricGoldfinger View Post
    Because they actually showed up, good or bad teams. Because they RAGED when they moved the original Sonics. Do you honestly think there would be that much of an uproar if the Cavs moved? Probably not. Nobody would care. 0bodies.
    What else is there to do in Seattle? It fucking rains every day. They are a depressed people. They need shit like that to go to, so of course they show up to all the games. But I don't find it my prerogative to get them a team again. I'm just trying to understand why a bunch of others do.

  20. #75
    Hustling on the inside wuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richfield Coliseum
    Posts
    13,919
    Thanks
    9,808
    Thanked 21,506 Times in 4,817 Posts

    Default Re: Sonics coming back?

    Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    What else is there to do in Seattle? It fucking rains every day. They are a depressed people. They need shit like that to go to, so of course they show up to all the games. But I don't find it my prerogative to get them a team again. I'm just trying to understand why a bunch of others do.
    Short-sighted Seattle sports fans probably said similar things about Cleveland when the Browns moved to Baltimore.
    Last edited by wuck; 01-13-2013 at 03:23 PM.

  21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •