View Poll Results: How many wins will the Cavs have at the end of the season?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • 27 or less wins

18 43.90%
  • 28 wins

8 19.51%
  • 29 wins

6 14.63%
  • 30 wins

6 14.63%
  • 31 wins

2 4.88%
  • 32 or more wins

1 2.44%
Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Situational Stopper pinoycavsfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Tankapalooza 2012-2013 Edition!

i love seeing the cavs winning, but i know that the cavs still needs talent and the draft is one way of getting that. i think winning right now is a blessing in disguise for this team. i have been reading a couple of teams' forums and form what i've read, this is the best draft to not have a high pick. if the cavs keep on drafting on the top 5 then the rookies they get will have a higher salary compared to others. i dont think giving another high rookie scale contract would be beneficial for this team's flexibility. would i love getting noel this year? definitely, but if we have no chance of getting him, it would not be the end of the world for the cavs.

i think the keys to the cavs success in the coming years are: improvement of the young players (kyrie, dion, TT, zeller), solid drafting by CG, flexibility, and perfect timing to go for the best FA whether it be in 2014 or onwards.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,451 Times in 2,875 Posts

Time to shut this down. The war is over, and we're bringing our boys home. Part of that whole withdrawal program President Obama started in his 1st term.
    -Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MNCavsfan View Post
    I don't think the top 2 picks will be for sale. The picks we will be able to get are from teams who might want our second round picks to draft and stash for roster or salary reasons. As far as the top 1 or 2 picks? Those teams might not take Noel (I think Sac would), but they also probably won't trade down. These kind of trades just never happens in the NBA. The only one I can think of in modern history was the Starbury for Ray Allen swap and that was even a 4/5 pick. Sometimes teams trade a top pick for an all star talent like the Ray Allen for the number 5 pick that turned into Jeff Green. I can't even think of a recent example of a top pick being traded on draft day.
    Tyson Chandler was #2, a top pick

Unless by top pick you only meant #1...in that case I can't think of any either

Thanks
    Thanked 6,651 Times in 2,569 Posts

Enjoy this time now non-tankers because after the end of this month our schedule is brutal. From mid March on we only play 3-non playoff teams. This team will probably start giving up and the tank will be in full force just in time for baseball.
    Last edited by Huber.; 02-06-2013 at 10:42 PM.

The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,238 Times in 530 Posts

This is the last time I can remember a top 5 pick being moved for non superstar talent:

The Washington Wizards are close to a deal that would send the No. 5 pick in Thursday's draft, Oleksiy Pecherov, Etan Thomas and Darius Songaila to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Randy Foye and Mike Miller, a league source told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher on Tuesday.
    The Wiz had been plagued by injuries, and thought if healthy they were right there with us.

Not sure any team would give up 1 or 2 in this draft. Most teams, even if unlucky and fall into the lotto and somehow win it, can use either Shabazz or Noel. Unless we swap multiple picks to a desperate team (which I would love to do. See Zeller trade). Only the Bobcats come to mind. They need so much talent.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,520 Times in 4,041 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CavsFaninNJ View Post

Yeah but there's typically a consensus number one pick, even in shitty drafts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CavsFaninNJ View Post

Well they had to give up a former number 1 pick and ROY. I am sure we could get a number one or two pick if we traded Kyrie.

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,564 Times in 1,553 Posts

Keep strong, tankers. It was Charlotte we beat. Once Speights is moved and we start facing playoff team after playoff team, we will see the losses racking up more and more.

Leaping strong buildings!
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,251 Times in 1,723 Posts

Can't help but admire the tank they have going over there in Charlotte. More than a little jealous.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,407 Times in 1,757 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan S View Post
    Can't help but admire the tank they have going over there in Charlotte. More than a little jealous.
    And yet, I can't think of a franchise with a more underwhelming return on tanking than Charlotte, in the history of the NBA. They've been tanking for nearly a decade now, and in that time they have never made the playoffs, have never gotten a #1 pick, and have never drafted an All-Star. The magnitude of their failure is unprecedented and astounding, and I fully expect that streak to continue in the coming daft.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shoes22 View Post
    And yet, I can't think of a franchise with a more underwhelming return on tanking than Charlotte, in the history of the NBA. They've been tanking for nearly a decade now, and in that time they have never made the playoffs, have never gotten a #1 pick, and have never drafted an All-Star. The magnitude of their failure is unprecedented and astounding, and I fully expect that streak to continue in the coming daft.
    They were in the playoffs like 2 years ago.

Edit: 3 years ago.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 Times in 775 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan S View Post
    Watching Kyrie/Tristan/Dion gel...and watching....Walker and Biyomobo? No jealousy here.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,520 Times in 4,041 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MNCavsfan View Post
    They were in the playoffs like 2 years ago.
    Yup (it was four years ago, btw, but they won 34 games three years ago). They only decided to tear it down when Jordan became the owner, Cho became the GM, and together they decided (correctly) that the team they had was nowhere near talented enough to contend for a championship, so they sold off their assets and started tanking last year. Although I guess last year they weren't really even tanking. They were just legitimately the worst team ever assembled.
    Last edited by Jack Brickman; 02-07-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Resident Microbiologist Dr. Gymbo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,725 Times in 786 Posts

I don't know how anybody can be angry after winning last night.

This is what you want out of your young core. You want them to grow together and gain confidence. If the reason you win your game is because your two best players (behind Kyrie) play out of their mind, then that's fantastic.

Now when Jamison or Lester Hudson was shooting them into wins last year, that was a much different story. It's not like C.J. went off for 30 last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSurge View Post
    To be fair, "Heat Reporters" have only been on the job a few years.

Probably got on 2K and put in work.

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,564 Times in 1,553 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gymbo View Post
    I don't know how anybody can be angry after winning last night.

This is what you want out of your young core. You want them to grow together and gain confidence. If the reason you win your game is because your two best players (behind Kyrie) play out of their mind, then that's fantastic.

Now when Jamison or Lester Hudson was shooting them into wins last year, that was a much different story. It's not like C.J. went off for 30 last night.
    Disappointed that the tank isn't better after last night? Yes. Angry? No. THIS TIME, we did win because of our core, or at least the short-term players didn't really determine the win or loss this time. However, the past three wins before this one, short-term players were the difference between a win and a loss. We could be either very close or at the bottom record in the league if it weren't for Speights being on this team and playing for a big payday.

Luckily, both Washington and New Orleans won last night as well although Orlando and Charlotte (obviously) didn't. I think that we can realistically get the third seed again behind Charlotte and Orlando if we tank properly. I don't think we'll be as bad as those two teams, but I think that an improving New Orleans and a John Wall-revived Washington can keep ahead of us if we do even some good tanking for the rest of the season.

Top 3 pick is the goal, guys! Let's get it!

Tank it 'til you spank it!