Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Team Player
    Thanks

Default Re: Browns hire Rob Chudzinski

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    As I said before, it was apparent that Anderson wasn't a phenom even in 07. His passes were very inaccurate but his offense made him look great. Is it really a surprise people were Quinn fans? First round pick who grew up a Browns fan, of course they wanted to see him play. When Anderson's offense came down to Earth we got to see just how inaccurate he really was. He looked awful and we had a 1st round pick sitting on the bench. Not exactly hard to figure out what happened.

Of course it turned out Quinn sucked too, but nobody really knew that for sure as he didn't get a chance until Anderson started to blow.
    I understood why people were Quinn fans. For me personally I never liked him as a QB prospect when he was in college there just seemed to be something off with him as a player. On the bright side if Weeden doesn't show signs of improvement this year and is the same QB we saw last year we should be in good position to hopefully capitalize on Teddy Bridgewater. I hope thats not the case and Weeden proves his doubters wrong and flourishes but we shall see.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,416 Times in 1,897 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    I actually might prefer Tucker to Pagano. Not sure though, I could be swayed either way. Thoughts?
    The problem I have with Tucker is that he ran such a passive defense here. I don't think that will fit with what Chud wants out of his defense.

Pagano, on the other hand, was 3rd in the NFL in forcing fumbles, 16th in INTS, 9th in yards per play and T-11th in sacks. He ran a pretty aggressive defense and made some gambles. Unlike Tucker...I'd give you the stats, but it's pretty damn ugly.

Rising out of the ashes

Thanks
    Thanked 13,609 Times in 5,411 Posts

I'm not sure people were enamored with Quinn, but more aware than others that DA was a complete abberation and wanting to see what they had.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Cavs fan from S. Carolina selby56's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoFlo View Post
    Um, I don't think they hated him in 2007. Just sayin'.
    Depends on who you asked. I knew quite a few that were ready to bench him for Quinn after the loss in Pittsburgh.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mofire View Post
    I understood why people were Quinn fans. For me personally I never liked him as a QB prospect when he was in college there just seemed to be something off with him as a player. On the bright side if Weeden doesn't show signs of improvement this year and is the same QB we saw last year we should be in good position to hopefully capitalize on Teddy Bridgewater. I hope thats not the case and Weeden proves his doubters wrong and flourishes but we shall see.
    Same reason why we have so many people here that hate Banner for no reason, appearance.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,959 Times in 1,815 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theshad View Post
    Same reason why we have so many people here that hate Banner for no reason, appearance.
    Yeah, DA did have that whole "white trash hillbilly" look.
    My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didnít realize that four years ago. I do now.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,677 Times in 9,777 Posts

Yeah, but Quinn had that whole Final Fantasy character look and that didn't stop us.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,959 Times in 1,815 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiglet View Post
    Yeah, but Quinn had that whole Final Fantasy character look and that didn't stop us.
    In hindsight he does come off a little soft.. that ridiculous beiber haircut in college should have been a dead giveaway.
    My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didnít realize that four years ago. I do now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MattyFos. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    I'm not sure people were enamored with Quinn, but more aware than others that DA was a complete abberation and wanting to see what they had.
    I told you guys Anderson > Quinn. I remember the sheep stomping and claiming that it was the other way around.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,609 Times in 5,411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    I told you guys Anderson > Quinn. I remember the sheep stomping and claiming that it was the other way around.
    And you still don't seem to get it.

It was obvious that Anderson wasn't the future, they HAD to see if Quinn was. Whether you believed he would be or not.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 Times in 671 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    And you still don't seem to get it.

It was obvious that Anderson wasn't the future, they HAD to see if Quinn was. Whether you believed he would be or not.
    I always thought it reverse - Quinn would never make it as a starter in this league and that seemed obvious from the start. Turned out both sides that were adamant the other wouldnt cut in this league were right. Still, DA has done more in one aeason than Quinn has done in his career.

Anyway to get back on topic - is Pagano out then for sure?
    Last edited by MDLT; 01-15-2013 at 06:39 AM.

Thanks

Anyone see this from EspnCleveland Article in Regards to Banner, http://espncleveland.com/common/more...&post_id=10871

Here a few quotes

''Kelly balked when Banner insisted he ditch the visor he favors at Oregon for a brown-and-orange fez on the Cleveland sideline.

Whisenhunt was set to take the job until Banner demanded the former Arizona Cardinals coach remove the extraneous ďhĒ from his name so the Browns could fit it on a company parking space.''

Anyone know if theres truth to any of this, if it is true then Banner is offically the nail in the coffin of what was the Cleveland Browns...

Thanks

Do you also think articles from The Onion are real?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hugerobot View Post
    Do you also think articles from The Onion are real?
    No asshole,just relating an article i saw and wondered if anyone knew if there was any truth to it...Dont know if EspnCleveland is any good or not just saw it and wanted to know if it was speculation or chip kelly and ken whisenhunt have came out and said this was discussed...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nw220 View Post
    Anyone see this from EspnCleveland Article in Regards to Banner, http://espncleveland.com/common/more...&post_id=10871

Here a few quotes

''Kelly balked when Banner insisted he ditch the visor he favors at Oregon for a brown-and-orange fez on the Cleveland sideline.

Whisenhunt was set to take the job until Banner demanded the former Arizona Cardinals coach remove the extraneous “h” from his name so the Browns could fit it on a company parking space.''

Anyone know if theres truth to any of this, if it is true then Banner is offically the nail in the coffin of what was the Cleveland Browns...