Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,527 Times in 3,396 Posts

Default Re: Browns hire Rob Chudzinski

Quote Originally Posted by kiji View Post
    I'm saying, I don't care if he's made mediocre progress with terrible teams. He might have inherited crap, but he didn't turn that crap into gems. Last is last. Saying that the numbers kinda indicate that he might have been able to improve a pass rush that still ended up last, is ridiculous. JAX changed from a 3/4 to a 4/3 in 2010, so of course 2009 sack totals would be low, and in 2010 they should go up even with wrong personnel. Since then, they're in the same place.
    And some players simply can't be turned into gems. Not everyone is cut out for it. I get it, they were last. But it's not like the D-line was the only problem they had. That whole team sucked a big one. The line, the linebackers, the QB and offense, there were no redeemable qualities to that team.

I'm not saying I'm excited about the hire. What I'm saying is I don't necessarily think his numbers in Jacksonville are indicative of what he's capable of. I don't know enough about him to make an educated assessment. I infer that you're in the same situation as me. Looking at stats alone is not enough to tell the whole story. Chud was great in 07 and in Carolina. He was awful in 08. That's largely because of injuries and the guys he had playing for him sucked. Does that mean he's a bad coach because he wasn't able to turn them into gems?

P.S. Sorry Wuck, not sure why I thought it was you instead of MoFlo that I was quoting.
    Ass pennies

Thanks
    Thanked 13,079 Times in 3,552 Posts

I'm saying, I don't care if he's made mediocre progress with terrible teams. He might have inherited crap, but he didn't turn that crap into gems. Last is last. Saying that the numbers kinda indicate that he might have been able to improve a pass rush that still ended up last, is ridiculous. JAX changed from a 3/4 to a 4/3 in 2010, so of course 2009 sack totals would be low, and in 2010 they should go up even with wrong personnel. Since then, they're in the same place.
    Wait, what?

Pass rush has a lot more to do than just the D-Line. The linebackers rush the passer too, for example. Theirs had all of 3 1/2 sacks this past season. That's horrid.

His DL has 16 1/2 sacks this season.

To compare: Denver, who tied for the NFL lead with 52 sacks, had just 21 from their DL. 32 more sacks than the Jags, yet their DL had just 4 1/2 more than JAX's DL had.

I'd say he got pretty good production out of them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 661 Posts

Von Miller is a linebacker in Denver's scheme, of course their LB's make sacks, that's what they do in that defense. Not what they do in Jacksonville. I think naked, last place Wendy's guy hasn't made his guys better. Victim of circumstance or not, he hasn't taken anyone and molded them into even mediocre players, in 3 years. I can't understand the hire, obviously you think it's a good one. Apparently, nothing is going to change that.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

Thanks

Von Miller is a linebacker in Denver's scheme, of course their LB's make sacks, that's what they do in that defense. Not what they do in Jacksonville. I think naked, last place Wendy's guy hasn't made his guys better. Victim of circumstance or not, he hasn't taken anyone and molded them into even mediocre players, in 3 years. I can't understand the hire, obviously you think it's a good one. Apparently, nothing is going to change that.
    You're just being stubborn now. If the players are terrible you aren't going to be able to coach them well, no matter how good of a coach you are. The thing is, Jacksonville may have been the worst in the sack area, but this guy wasn't their DC. He was the D-line coach. It's not fair to judge him because their linebackers were terrible. 16.5 sacks from that god awful group isn't horrible.

Frankly I think you're just against it because of the Wendy's thing, I honestly think you don't know enough about him to make a rational decision about the hire. I don't either, which is why I'm in wait and see mode.
    Ass pennies

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,653 Times in 2,600 Posts

Excited for the press conference in the morning. Should be good.
    -Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 661 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    You're just being stubborn now. If the players are terrible you aren't going to be able to coach them well, no matter how good of a coach you are. The thing is, Jacksonville may have been the worst in the sack area, but this guy wasn't their DC. He was the D-line coach. It's not fair to judge him because their linebackers were terrible. 16.5 sacks from that god awful group isn't horrible.

Frankly I think you're just against it because of the Wendy's thing, I honestly think you don't know enough about him to make a rational decision about the hire. I don't either, which is why I'm in wait and see mode.
    Good coaches make their players better. I never judged him based on the linebackers. In fact I said the comparison to Denver was invalid. I said the hire was a head-scratcher, and can't understand it. He was the DLine coach of a team that couldn't get to the Qb, he has a bad and incredibly embarrassing personal history, hasn't developed any of his players. I have trouble believing that he's the best guy available.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

Thanks

Good coaches make their players better. I never judged him based on the linebackers. In fact I said the comparison to Denver was invalid. I said the hire was a head-scratcher, and can't understand it. He was the DLine coach of a team that couldn't get to the Qb, he has a bad and incredibly embarrassing personal history, hasn't developed any of his players. I have trouble believing that he's the best guy available.
    Yes good coaches make their players better. My point was that I doubt anyone could have made that Jacksonville line better. They have some awful, awful talent.

And yes you did judge him based on the linebackers. You were judging him because of Jacksonville being dead last in sacks. While that's true, a big part of the reason they were dead last was that they only got 3.5 sacks from their linebackers. I've been reading Jacksonville forums trying to get a beat on this guy. They rarely blitzed and just rushed 4 while dropping everyone else back into coverage.

He has a bad an embarrassing personal history, won't even try to debate that. I'm not even saying this is a good hire. I just don't see how you can, in good conscious, blame him for not developing the talent in Jacksonville. That line is just God awful. Some players just can't be developed. All I'm saying is let's see how he does with guys who have some actual ability in Taylor, Rubin, Hughes, and Winn (didn't include Sheard as he'll likely move to OLB).
    Ass pennies

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Press conference introducing Norv Turner about to begin;

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media...4-5485f481af31
    -Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

Thanks

Norv Turner will be calling the plays and coaching the QBs. So there you go.
    -Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pyro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,553 Times in 1,566 Posts

Yep, so now RB, TE and LB coaches just need to be filled out..

In other news, the Browns hired Daron Roberts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daron_Roberts):

Will likely be a asst. secondary coach or defensive quality control coach...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,294 Times in 1,823 Posts

Looks like they'll be switching to the 3-4, IMO. Outside Linebackers coach.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,495 Times in 935 Posts

Embree is the former HC of Colorado and coached TEs in Kansas City and Washington.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,818 Times in 951 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theNorthCoastKid View Post

Embree is the former HC of Colorado and coached TEs in Kansas City and Washington.
    2006-2008 when Embree was TE coach in Kansas City, Tony Gonzalez had his 3 best years under Embree
    Browns QB wish list
    1) Blake Bortles
    2) Teddy Bridgewater
    3) Johnny Manziel
    4) Jimmy Garoppolo
    5) Derek Carr

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JMcCurry08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    2006-2008 when Embree was TE coach in Kansas City, Tony Gonzalez had his 3 best years under Embree
    Tony Gonzalez, the greatest tight end of all time, was in his prime with Embree.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Triplethreat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,963 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    So its easy, we just need to find a tight end with Tony Gozalez's talent and he will be coached up just fine, lol

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lee For This Useful Post: