Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 126
  1. #46
    Rising Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,558
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 696 Times in 363 Posts

    Default Re: Non-Varejao Trade Ideas

    Probably have to pay out the ass to get him here, and I am not sure how keen the organization would be about selling the farm for another prima donna.

  2. #47
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    10,677
    Thanks
    6,647
    Thanked 11,875 Times in 4,141 Posts

    Default Re: Non-Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie To The View Post
    Purely speculation, but what would you guys think about dealing for Dwight? Not saying I want to, but I'm just curious how you all would feel about it. Seems like he may be on the block. Of course he would have to sign an extension with the trade for us to do it. I wonder how much it would cost. Probably too much.
    He's an unrestricted free agent this summer who would almost definitely leave us when the season is over.

  3. #48
    Time For A Title Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Best of the Land
    Posts
    8,978
    Thanks
    2,992
    Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,898 Posts

    Default Re: Non-Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    He's an unrestricted free agent this summer who would almost definitely leave us when the season is over.
    "Of course he would have to sign an extension with the trade for us to do it."

  4. #49
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    941
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 404 Times in 195 Posts

    Default Re: Non-Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie To The View Post
    Purely speculation, but what would you guys think about dealing for Dwight? Not saying I want to, but I'm just curious how you all would feel about it. Seems like he may be on the block. Of course he would have to sign an extension with the trade for us to do it. I wonder how much it would cost. Probably too much.
    If they even wanted to pursue Dwight I would think they would wait and do it in the offseason. I just don't thinkDwight fits in with the culture of the team we are building currently. Besides there is about a .1% chance he would ever consider signing in Cleveland.

  5. #50
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    10,677
    Thanks
    6,647
    Thanked 11,875 Times in 4,141 Posts

    Default Re: Non-Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie To The View Post
    "Of course he would have to sign an extension with the trade for us to do it."
    He's not going to sign an extension anywhere. He's going to become a free agent at the end of this season. And even if Dwight gave you his word that he'd re-sign with the Cavs, would you actually trust him?

  6. #51
    Resident Microbiologist Dr. Gymbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Stow, OH
    Posts
    2,944
    Thanks
    2,482
    Thanked 2,725 Times in 786 Posts

    Default Re: Non-Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie To The View Post
    Purely speculation, but what would you guys think about dealing for Dwight? Not saying I want to, but I'm just curious how you all would feel about it. Seems like he may be on the block. Of course he would have to sign an extension with the trade for us to do it. I wonder how much it would cost. Probably too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSurge View Post
    To be fair, "Heat Reporters" have only been on the job a few years.

    Probably got on 2K and put in work.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Gymbo For This Useful Post:


  8. #52
    Situational Stopper
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 51 Times in 32 Posts

    Default Re: Non-Varejao Trade Ideas

    After seeing the Royce White interviews, I thought what an ego to tell a team he wanted a medical professional to have the final say on how to manage him or he wouldn't play. I also thought thank Houston that they took him one spot ahead of Zeller after so many people wanted to take a flyer on him.

    Yet, call me crazy, why not offer Houston one or two late round seconds like Memphis pick, to take him off their hands. Before, you shoot me, we can do this in partnership with Clinic. No team is going to give a shrink the final say if he plays or not - just ask RGIII or Oden. But, Clinic can promote mental illness in sports and give him a platform like they do TT with epilepsy (for his brother). Clinic would do this for free advertisement and can then offer training to Cavs, Byron and their trainer on how to handle his mental disorder in a mutually agreeable manner.

    Cavs make it clear, he will be treated like a player with bad knees ... No big contract, not brought on to be a star but good role player. We demand 110% and give him the forum to save face and promote his agenda via Clinic. We try this now and over summer. If it doesn't work out we don't exercise his 3rd year option next October and it only cost a second or two. If it becomes a distraction like Houston, we just let him sit at home or Canton. But, it is just a one-year trial where he can save some dignity and be in a low key role to show off his top-10 talent. Best case scenario, Grant, Bryon and Clinic can talk with him to get on the same page before the physical is signed off on for trade to be finalize.

    Don't think it could happen or shoud happen but could be a big win-win as Cleveand offers a low stress environment, centrally located with short flights to most cities, and have a world class medical center to give credence to his condition. Just found it interesting he played in all his college games even in Italy but experienced something that made him take a hard line this time.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to petes999 For This Useful Post:


  10. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,028
    Thanks
    1,230
    Thanked 776 Times in 337 Posts

    Default Re: Non-Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by petes999 View Post
    After seeing the Royce White interviews, I thought what an ego to tell a team he wanted a medical professional to have the final say on how to manage him or he wouldn't play. I also thought thank Houston that they took him one spot ahead of Zeller after so many people wanted to take a flyer on him.

    Yet, call me crazy, why not offer Houston one or two late round seconds like Memphis pick, to take him off their hands. Before, you shoot me, we can do this in partnership with Clinic. No team is going to give a shrink the final say if he plays or not - just ask RGIII or Oden. But, Clinic can promote mental illness in sports and give him a platform like they do TT with epilepsy (for his brother). Clinic would do this for free advertisement and can then offer training to Cavs, Byron and their trainer on how to handle his mental disorder in a mutually agreeable manner.

    Cavs make it clear, he will be treated like a player with bad knees ... No big contract, not brought on to be a star but good role player. We demand 110% and give him the forum to save face and promote his agenda via Clinic. We try this now and over summer. If it doesn't work out we don't exercise his 3rd year option next October and it only cost a second or two. If it becomes a distraction like Houston, we just let him sit at home or Canton. But, it is just a one-year trial where he can save some dignity and be in a low key role to show off his top-10 talent. Best case scenario, Grant, Bryon and Clinic can talk with him to get on the same page before the physical is signed off on for trade to be finalize.

    Don't think it could happen or shoud happen but could be a big win-win as Cleveand offers a low stress environment, centrally located with short flights to most cities, and have a world class medical center to give credence to his condition. Just found it interesting he played in all his college games even in Italy but experienced something that made him take a hard line this time.
    If that happens I'll be interested and scared and excited to see what happens with the Cavs, all at once.

    But it's gotta be tough for a GM to put a guy on his team who KNOWINGLY may not be available when you need him most.. (game 7 for instance, might come up)

    It's the same thing with injury prone players. It's not that they aren't good enough, or are bad guys, you just can't depend on them as much.

    If Royce wants to be a 12th man and play every other tuesday for 5 minutes, I'd offer him that role you're suggesting. If he wouldn't be happy with that, I'd hesitate to put him in a situation where you're risking a core spot that is a valuable cog in the rotation on something that is already known to cause a guy to unpredictably miss games.

    It's really nothing personal. The job requires are certain amount of presence, to be worth a useful roster spot. Even for the talented. It's even one of the reasons some people want the talent we have traded, their unavailability doesn't mean they're bad guys, but it just doesn't fit with the responsibilities required of being a main core piece in my opinion.

  11. #54
    Situational Stopper
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 51 Times in 32 Posts

    Default Re: Non-Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by RTrees View Post
    If that happens I'll be interested and scared and excited to see what happens with the Cavs, all at once.

    It's really nothing personal. The job requires are certain amount of presence, to be worth a useful roster spot. Even for the talented. It's even one of the reasons some people want the talent we have traded, their unavailability doesn't mean they're bad guys, but it just doesn't fit with the responsibilities required of being a main core piece in my opinion.
    Exactly agree. He said that this is the same as a physical injury. So, you say for $2 million you are a bench player. If you have an episode, we will honor it as Z having a bad foot. Yet, don't expect a big pay day unless you can prove you can play in all games for a couple years - basically recovered from your injury. I would also draft SF in Porter or others with LA pick if they play better ... slide Gee into 2-guard back-up role who can also back-up 3 when needed. What does Gilbert have to loose but $1.6 mill next year and $0.5 this year after proration.

    It bothered me that he said it isn't worth your life from alcoholism, suicide or other things to play. I hear that from others who don't want to work hard - the life is too short excuse. Yet, he did work hard in Iowa. So, I think he wants the assurance that if he starts to slide he can take a night off to get help. Yet, I assume he knows if it is game 7, that he would tough it out one more night and see the team psychiatrist the next day.

  12. #55
    There go the Cavs! CleveRocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    MidState
    Posts
    4,007
    Thanks
    537
    Thanked 925 Times in 432 Posts

    Default Re: Non-Varejao Trade Ideas

    Just say no to Royce. Too much drama.

    I posted this in the Speights thread, but I am wondering if we could get Green, Jeremy Tyler and and Memphis type first for Mo, and taking on Jefferson or Biedrins shitty contract for Boobs And CJ.

    It is tempting to keep Speights, and let the team win a few. We are after all only one more game out of the playoffs than the Lakers are. But I truly believe that would be a mistake. I think we could go after a legit big like Al Jeff in the offseason and wind up with a pretty good team, and all kinds of assets going forward. Italics is my casual opinion

    Kyrie, Livingston, Selby
    Dion, Ellington
    Gee, Jefferson, Green, Lakers Pick (Deshaun Thomas
    TT, AV, our Pick Noels or Anthony Bennet
    Al Jeff, TZ, one of the D leaguers (Tyler, Jujaun Johnson, Micheal Eric or similar)
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..

  13. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,028
    Thanks
    1,230
    Thanked 776 Times in 337 Posts

    Default Re: Non-Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by petes999 View Post
    Exactly agree. He said that this is the same as a physical injury. So, you say for $2 million you are a bench player. If you have an episode, we will honor it as Z having a bad foot. Yet, don't expect a big pay day unless you can prove you can play in all games for a couple years - basically recovered from your injury. I would also draft SF in Porter or others with LA pick if they play better ... slide Gee into 2-guard back-up role who can also back-up 3 when needed. What does Gilbert have to loose but $1.6 mill next year and $0.5 this year after proration.

    It bothered me that he said it isn't worth your life from alcoholism, suicide or other things to play. I hear that from others who don't want to work hard - the life is too short excuse. Yet, he did work hard in Iowa. So, I think he wants the assurance that if he starts to slide he can take a night off to get help. Yet, I assume he knows if it is game 7, that he would tough it out one more night and see the team psychiatrist the next day.
    I don't know if it's that simple with what he has. And if it is, I don't know if the psychiatrist that he wants determining whether he plays or not will let him play that game, even if he says he wants to play. The doctor might feel like they know better, again, just like in an injury situation. A player can want to play and the doctor wont let them. I believe Royce is fighting FOR his psychiatrist to have this kind of power. It seems to have been stated that it will always be him first, basketball and team second. I respect that. But just like any injury, seems risky to build around it.

  14. #57
    Slice & Dice SuperSurge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida
    Posts
    6,824
    Thanks
    6,196
    Thanked 7,947 Times in 2,518 Posts

    Default Re: Non-Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie To The View Post
    Purely speculation, but what would you guys think about dealing for Dwight?

  15. #58
    Time For A Title Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Best of the Land
    Posts
    8,978
    Thanks
    2,992
    Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,898 Posts

    Default Re: Non-Varejao Trade Ideas

    Rondo may have torn an ACL...Boobie/Livingston and Speights for expiring contract and unprotected 1st?

  16. #59
    Time For A Title Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Best of the Land
    Posts
    8,978
    Thanks
    2,992
    Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,898 Posts

    Default Re: Non-Varejao Trade Ideas

    Boston will definitely be looking to make a trade

    Hopefully we can get involved

  17. #60
    Situational Stopper Ridin' West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    237
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 162 Times in 46 Posts

    Default Re: Non-Varejao Trade Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie To The View Post
    Rondo may have torn an ACL...Boobie/Livingston and Speights for expiring contract and unprotected 1st?
    so give them our two other PG options? what do they have?
    "The road to success is always under construction."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •