Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 878 Posts

Default Re: Cavs: Quiet Trade Deadline (Lloyd/ABJ)

We still have some legitimate assets to trade at the deadline, but the biggest one will be cap space obviously. With Andy hurt it definately hurts our chances of making a trade, but hopefully we can make a deal with a team for a first that in combination with that Lakers pick will net us a late lotto pick.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhi View Post
    I doubt Lebron comes back unless the Heat miss the finals the next two years or something. But he wins another ring there, his gonna extended.

As far as the whole FA thing, I don't think it's gonna work where we just sign a UFA outright, unless its a non-All-NBA guy who we overpay for.(Boozer,Amare,) The only way we get a legitimate FA is if we have enough assets to pull off a trade the year prior to his FA year with a team that can't afford or knows his leaving.

The whole clearing capspace is a bullshit, I mean just ask all the teams who ended up with wood in 2010. Carlos Boozer for the max anyone ? Or more recently ask Dallas who has all the capspace with nothing to show for it.
    LeBron proved one thing in 2010, and that's that he has no loyalty. Wade will be an ancient injury prone not so explosive slasher, and the Heat will be facing millions upon millions in luxury tax penaltys to keep the three guys together.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,634 Times in 3,213 Posts

I doubt Lebron comes back unless the Heat miss the finals the next two years or something. But he wins another ring there, his gonna extended.

As far as the whole FA thing, I don't think it's gonna work where we just sign a UFA outright, unless its a non-All-NBA guy who we overpay for.(Boozer,Amare,) The only way we get a legitimate FA is if we have enough assets to pull off a trade the year prior to his FA year with a team that can't afford or knows his leaving.

The whole clearing capspace is a bullshit, I mean just ask all the teams who ended up with wood in 2010. Carlos Boozer for the max anyone ? Or more recently ask Dallas who has all the capspace with nothing to show for it.
    Just because you have cap space doesn't mean you have to use it stupidly like Chicago did.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

The main difference between 2010 and now(2014) is the cap penalties and repeat offenders tax. It is far more substantial than under the old CBA.

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    LeBron proved one thing in 2010, and that's that he has no loyalty. Wade will be an ancient injury prone not so explosive slasher, and the Heat will be facing millions upon millions in luxury tax penaltys to keep the three guys together.
    Carnival has suffered some recent fiascoes, but Micky Arison can still probably afford whatever he feels like affording.

The thing is, the way that James', Bosh's, and Wade's contracts work, they don't have to even leave Miami in 2014 - it's just a player option. In fact they have a player option for the season after that as well. So it's possible none of them hit the free agent market in '14.

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Just because you have cap space doesn't mean you have to use it stupidly like Chicago did.
    Their option would be to hold tight, which is exactly what Dallas is doing this year. It basically places the plan on hold or in limbo, which limits maneuverability.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 2,177 Posts

follow up a 3 peat in Miami with a 3 peat in Cleveland makes LeBron the new GOAT

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KI4MVP View Post
    follow up a 3 peat in Miami with a 3 peat in Cleveland makes LeBron the new GOAT
    Bill Russell says win 4 more and then lets talk ...

Team Player
    Thanks

You have it backwards. The better the Heat do, the greater our chances are. If he still only has one ring in two years, he's going to want to go to another place where he thinks he can win most easily. If he picks up a second ring, he'll more likely be open to taking a tougher road.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,634 Times in 3,213 Posts

Their option would be to hold tight, which is exactly what Dallas is doing this year. It basically places the plan on hold or in limbo, which limits maneuverability.
    Yup, or you could use your cap space in a trade.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,574 Times in 4,829 Posts

So...some posts got deleted and a user went on vacation. Thanks to those of you who made wise comments to get things back on track; your advice was not taken in the end by your colleague unfortunately.

As stated in one of the deleted posts, free speech and on-topic posts are welcome and encouraged, but lengthy, continuously profane, EAYOR posts are not appreciated outside EAYOR. We'll give you a LOT of leeway (and an explanation if there's any issue), so there is no need for anyone to be extra cautious going forward. This has not been a major problem on the board, and few use the "report" function to flag posts as being problematic.
    Last edited by wuck; 01-14-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,963 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    So...some posts got deleted and a user went on vacation. Thanks to those of you who made wise comments to get things back on track; your advice was not taken in the end by your colleague unfortunately.

As stated in one of the deleted posts, free speech and on-topic posts are welcome and encouraged, but lengthy, continuously profane, EAYOR posts are not appreciated outside EAYOR. We'll give you a LOT of leeway (and an explanation if there's any issue), so there is no need for anyone to be extra cautious going forward. This has not been a major problem on the board, and few use the "report" function to flag posts as being problematic.
    I miss all the fun stuff. Oh well. Back to discussing trade deadline stuff.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee For This Useful Post:

Not a **** was given Prophet Named X's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,015 Times in 2,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post

Bet you're glad that it's not me you're cleaning up after for once.
    Why am I not allowed to have a center?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,963 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Man Called X View Post
    Bet you're glad that it's not me you're cleaning up after for once.
    [Insert Facial joke here]

Not a **** was given Prophet Named X's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,015 Times in 2,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    [Insert Facial joke here]
    Bah, that is gold sir. It ain't free. As a jew, you should understand this. Can't waste the money shot.
    Why am I not allowed to have a center?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Prophet Named X For This Useful Post: