Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good TV Shows

Thanks
    Thanked 8,820 Times in 3,485 Posts

Default Re: Good TV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    The thing about the League is this. They've gotten away from football, other than the first 2 episodes and the last 2 they barely mention it. It's just become a show of jokes and other funny things. Some of the episodes this season were bad. Earlier seasons were good, but this season mehh.
    I tend to agree, though in the earlier seasons they got away from football as well. This season had its moments but I felt like they tried too hard to go over the top. Way too much Rafi. Also feel like they bring on too many unnecessary guest stars who don't really add much of anything.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie To The View Post
    The only show I watch that's not currently in hiatus is Person of Interest. Really good show by the way.
    Been wanting to watch this but can't buy it on itunes to catch up.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,803 Times in 1,896 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Been wanting to watch this but can't buy it on itunes to catch up.
    http://www.1channel.ch/

Veteran 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,508 Times in 1,976 Posts

American Horror Story. It is phenomenal. I enjoy it more than breaking bad.

Though Breaking Bad is also good. I haven't got around to watching Mad Men but otherwise... The Daily Show... That's about it. I can recommend some good chess books though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JDeezy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,961 Times in 2,510 Posts

Doctor Who is my all time favorite TV show. It's currently in hiatus until April, but 6 seasons are on netflix and Amazon Prime and I believe they are showing reruns each week on BBC america. Follow the episode guide to make sure you don't miss the specials.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_1_.282005.29

I mentioned it in the thread I started, but there is some brilliant writing for this series (which has won 127 awards and 229 nominations). Here are some highlight episodes that don't have to be watched in the flow of the series (each of these were nominated or won the Hugo award for best short form science fiction), so watching this list would be a good introduction to the series without committing to watching all 6 seasons.

The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances - won

The Girl in the Fireplace - won
    Blink - won
    Planet of the Dead
    The Waters of Mars - won

Vincent and the Doctor
    A Christmas Carol
    The Girl Who Waited

The breaks in the list are when there's a new doctor - the series debuted 50 years ago and every so often the doctor "regenerates" and a new actor takes over.
    Last edited by KI4MVP; 01-14-2013 at 03:20 AM.

Thanks

Louie (with and by Louie C.K.) is the most well-written short-episode TV show I have seen in years. Highly recommended. I'm almost finished with season 2, and the show just continuos to get better and better.

One of my favorite scenes so far:
    Were it not for the presence of the unwashed and the half-educated, the formless, queer and incomplete, the unreasonable and absurd, the infinite shapes of the delightful human tadpole, the horizon would not wear so wide a grin. - Frank Moore Colby

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to No Regard For This Useful Post:

Veteran 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,508 Times in 1,976 Posts

I forgot about Louie.

You know his show was nominated for a golden globe last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,772 Times in 4,109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coc Rhakalu View Post
    I tend to agree, though in the earlier seasons they got away from football as well. This season had its moments but I felt like they tried too hard to go over the top. Way too much Rafi. Also feel like they bring on too many unnecessary guest stars who don't really add much of anything.
    The League has never really been about football. Fantasy football is simply the basis the show is built around. Even in earlier seasons, they barely even mentioned it outside of the first episode (draft) and last episode (Shiva Bowl). In between you'd get the occasional trade and frequent guest stars, but for the most part The League is about fantasy football as much as Always Sunny is about running a bar.

I also thought that this season had the perfect amount of Rafi. He's been far too prevalent in previous seasons. This year I think they finally realized he works best in small doses (which is true) and significantly cut back his screen time. I was never a Rafi fan before, but I loved his character this season, from him playing Ruxin at swim classes ("Remember what I taught you. Swim, swim, then stab!") to playing Ruxin's ballsy guard to screaming "Gattaca" during paintball ("I don't think he's ever seen that movie."), he was pretty great this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dmhtfld View Post
    Nick Kroll is not funny. I honestly don't know how he is getting his own show on comedy central.
    Based on the previews for his show, it looks fucking awful and I'd be surprised if it lasts more than one season. However, he is pretty funny on The League.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Justified just started back up last week. Awesome show that's basically a modern-day western set in Kentucky.

Archer starts back up this week I think. Great cartoon spy show.

Archer is hilarious. Any cartoon that has a chick walking around with bruises on her neck because she like rough sex has got to be comedy gold

Money will buy a fine dog . . .

but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeOC33 For This Useful Post:

A year later
    Thanks

One of the best written comedy shows right now is 'Happy Endings'. The cast is perfect together. And Archer is back this thursday as well. House of Lies had a great season premiere episode last night. Modern Family is also consistently good.

As far as new shows go, I liked what I saw from Revolution. It's on hiatus right now until March I think which is going to be an awesome time for tv because The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones will be back on the air. I watch wayyy too much TV.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kookoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDeezy View Post

Though Breaking Bad is also good. I haven't got around to watching Mad Men but otherwise... The Daily Show... That's about it. I can recommend some good chess books though.
    This show is wildy overrated IMO.

Id recommend getting caught up on Homeland if you arent watching it yet.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveThous For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FiveThous View Post
    This show is wildy overrated IMO.

Id recommend getting caught up on Homeland if you arent watching it yet.
    I'm getting caught up on Homeland right now. Claire Daines deserved the Emmy she won - damn. Great show.

I'm also catching up on Breaking Bad. Just saw the Season 3 finale where he makes the call under duress to Pinkman and tells him to get over to the lab assistants house - he's got a 20 minute head start. Man, that was a good episode.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 547 Posts

Modern family is hilarious. Those two gay guys are comedy gold.

Thanks

I started watching Fringe recently and I got hooked on to it. Its on amazon prime videos. It is a sci-fi, mystery, action genre.

Some of the other good shows I watched are: Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Lost, Suits, Game of Thrones.
    Last edited by stycool24; 01-14-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 1,612 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDeezy View Post

I tried to get into Mad Men, and I just didn't find it that interesting, to me.
    AHS is great. Jessica Lange is absolutely fantastic in it.

I haven't watched Justified or Sons of Anarchy. I think I need to Netflix both of those, when I have the time.

I love HBO's Girls. There's really no plot, things just awkwardly happen.
    Our economy's built on LeBron James.