Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 332
  1. #316
    Russian Ginobili Vlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,101
    Thanks
    490
    Thanked 961 Times in 249 Posts

    Default Re: Game #40 | Cavaliers @ Kings | Monday Jan. 14, 2013 | 10:00 pm ET

    Quote Originally Posted by Pick6 View Post
    And we scored 118 points tonight. Why are we bitching about play calling? Seems to me the offense did a fine job.
    Scoring a lot on the Kings isn't impressive and after two time outs the play was an iso 3 by Dion (it went in though, great offense)

    The offense is just a series of semi succesful isolations
    Last edited by Vlad; 01-15-2013 at 12:55 AM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vlad For This Useful Post:


  3. #317
    Rising Star Los216's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,706
    Thanks
    1,808
    Thanked 549 Times in 300 Posts

    Default Re: Game #40 | Cavaliers @ Kings | Monday Jan. 14, 2013 | 10:00 pm ET

    Quote Originally Posted by Pick6 View Post
    Do you watch the games? TT has been playing consistently better the past 15 games.


    How many teams has Keith Smart taken to the finals?

    And what your sold on TT being our PF for the future because of the last 15 games? I said he's been playing ok meaning his game has improved from this point 1 year ago but he still needs at least 2 more years before he's can be a 15ppg 12rpg guy. Zeller is not our answer for C in the future. Dion is better served coming off the bench because it's fits his style of play better and that way either Dion or Kyrie can be in the game at all times. That's it as far as talent goes on this team period.

  4. #318
    Rising Star pr26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,064
    Thanks
    4,314
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 727 Posts

    Default Re: Game #40 | Cavaliers @ Kings | Monday Jan. 14, 2013 | 10:00 pm ET

    Quote Originally Posted by Los216 View Post
    And what your sold on TT being our PF for the future because of the last 15 games? I said he's been playing ok meaning his game has improved from this point 1 year ago but he still needs at least 2 more years before he's can be a 15ppg 12rpg guy. Zeller is not our answer for C in the future. Dion is better served coming off the bench because it's fits his style of play better and that way either Dion or Kyrie can be in the game at all times. That's it as far as talent goes on this team period.
    So he needs 2 more years to reach a level of play that he's been playing at since AV went down?

  5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pr26 For This Useful Post:


  6. #319
    Hall of Famer Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    11,744
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 9,285 Times in 3,616 Posts

    Default Re: Game #40 | Cavaliers @ Kings | Monday Jan. 14, 2013 | 10:00 pm ET

    Quote Originally Posted by Los216 View Post
    And what your sold on TT being our PF for the future because of the last 15 games? I said he's been playing ok meaning his game has improved from this point 1 year ago but he still needs at least 2 more years before he's can be a 15ppg 12rpg guy. Zeller is not our answer for C in the future. Dion is better served coming off the bench because it's fits his style of play better and that way either Dion or Kyrie can be in the game at all times. That's it as far as talent goes on this team period.
    So its going to take him 2 years to do exactly what hes been doing the last 15 games?

    EDIT: I SAID IT FIRST
    Last edited by Rich; 01-15-2013 at 01:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post:


  8. #320
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    637
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked 118 Times in 85 Posts

    Default Re: Game #40 | Cavaliers @ Kings | Monday Jan. 14, 2013 | 10:00 pm ET

    The sequence with about 1:20 to end the 4th, that resulted in a turnover and fast-break for the Kings, was the single worst possession I have ever seen. And I watched all the 26 game losing streak in the first rebuilding year.

  9. #321
    Send Sideshow to ASG Pioneer10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,007
    Thanks
    2,880
    Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,543 Posts

    Default Re: Game #40 | Cavaliers @ Kings | Monday Jan. 14, 2013 | 10:00 pm ET

    Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    Completely agree. They should figure out ways to maximize their combined skills instead of taking turns running the same plays. There were a few times it worked out tonight, but at least one was a broken play. If Waiters is going to make some forward steps in his play, though, there is just no reason not to design some stuff to get them punishing teams that double one or the other.
    Kyrie dishing outside on drives like he did tonight to Waiters in the 4th would make this offense look tens times better.

    Got to hand it Waiters when he has it going, he just looks good: in addition to the scoring that pass to Tristan for the dunk was sick. Sort of see glimpses of what could be a big 3 coming into focus if Waiters play of late is a sign he is catching up with Tristan who looks likes he moved to another level
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pioneer10 For This Useful Post:


  11. #322
    Hustling on the inside wuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richfield Coliseum
    Posts
    13,929
    Thanks
    9,822
    Thanked 21,542 Times in 4,825 Posts

    Default Re: Game #40 | Cavaliers @ Kings | Monday Jan. 14, 2013 | 10:00 pm ET

    Quote Originally Posted by adanchristian View Post
    The sequence with about 1:20 to end the 4th, that resulted in a turnover and fast-break for the Kings, was the single worst possession I have ever seen. And I watched all the 26 game losing streak in the first rebuilding year.
    2 words: David Wesley.

  12. #323
    Rising Star Los216's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,706
    Thanks
    1,808
    Thanked 549 Times in 300 Posts

    Default Re: Game #40 | Cavaliers @ Kings | Monday Jan. 14, 2013 | 10:00 pm ET

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    So its going to take him 2 years to do exactly what hes been doing the last 15 games?
    Andy and TT have the same style of play. Look at some of the monster games that Andy has had this year and you will see that TT didn't play half as good in those games. Look at TT's best games and you will see that Andy didn't have eye popping stats or he didn't play at all. Andy not playing is forcing TT to make up for Andy's loss. While his stats may look better. His overall game still needs a ton of improvement for him to play this way consistently and not just because Andy isn't there. When Andy is out TT's game is elevated but he rarely out plays Andy when their both playing together.

  13. #324
    Rookie RealKingsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 122 Times in 42 Posts

    Default Re: Game #40 | Cavaliers @ Kings | Monday Jan. 14, 2013 | 10:00 pm ET

    Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    2 words: David Wesley.
    Point blank layup bricked...I loled so hard.

  14. #325
    Hall of Famer Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    11,744
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 9,285 Times in 3,616 Posts

    Default Re: Game #40 | Cavaliers @ Kings | Monday Jan. 14, 2013 | 10:00 pm ET

    Quote Originally Posted by Los216 View Post
    Andy and TT have the same style of play. Look at some of the monster games that Andy has had this year and you will see that TT didn't play half as good in those games. Look at TT's best games and you will see that Andy didn't have eye popping stats or he didn't play at all. Andy not playing is forcing TT to make up for Andy's loss. While his stats may look better. His overall game still needs a ton of improvement for him to play this way consistently and not just because Andy isn't there. When Andy is out TT's game is elevated but he rarely out plays Andy when their both playing together.
    Ok, I'm done.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post:


  16. #326
    Stycool stycool24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,724
    Thanks
    1,346
    Thanked 667 Times in 255 Posts

    Default Re: Game #40 | Cavaliers @ Kings | Monday Jan. 14, 2013 | 10:00 pm ET

    Quote Originally Posted by Los216 View Post
    Andy and TT have the same style of play. Look at some of the monster games that Andy has had this year and you will see that TT didn't play half as good in those games. Look at TT's best games and you will see that Andy didn't have eye popping stats or he didn't play at all. Andy not playing is forcing TT to make up for Andy's loss. While his stats may look better. His overall game still needs a ton of improvement for him to play this way consistently and not just because Andy isn't there. When Andy is out TT's game is elevated but he rarely out plays Andy when their both playing together.
    Your argument doesn't make any sense. You make it sound like its a bad thing that Tristan is averaging Andy's numbers without Andy. His numbers might go down a little bit with Andy playing, but if you watched the games you can definitely see the improvement in offense and his confidence in his moves.

  17. #327
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    84
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 37 Times in 19 Posts

    Default Re: Game #40 | Cavaliers @ Kings | Monday Jan. 14, 2013 | 10:00 pm ET

    Quote Originally Posted by Los216 View Post
    And what your sold on TT being our PF for the future because of the last 15 games? I said he's been playing ok meaning his game has improved from this point 1 year ago but he still needs at least 2 more years before he's can be a 15ppg 12rpg guy. Zeller is not our answer for C in the future. Dion is better served coming off the bench because it's fits his style of play better and that way either Dion or Kyrie can be in the game at all times. That's it as far as talent goes on this team period.
    There's no reason why Kyrie and Dion can't both start. Byron just has been god awful with his rotation all year. Kyrie and Dion starts, whoever is not hot goes to the bench around 6 min left in 1st and the other finish the qtr., the person rested starts the 2nd with the other goes to the bench, around the 7 min mark they switch, around the 3 min both are on the court to finish the half and repeat for qtrs 3/4 with minor changes depending the flow of the game.

  18. #328
    Situational Stopper apolo29's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 203 Times in 68 Posts

    Default Re: Game #40 | Cavaliers @ Kings | Monday Jan. 14, 2013 | 10:00 pm ET

    Quote Originally Posted by DW3 View Post
    There's no reason why Kyrie and Dion can't both start. Byron just has been god awful with his rotation all year. Kyrie and Dion starts, whoever is not hot goes to the bench around 6 min left in 1st and the other finish the qtr., the person rested starts the 2nd with the other goes to the bench, around the 7 min mark they switch, around the 3 min both are on the court to finish the half and repeat for qtrs 3/4 with minor changes depending the flow of the game.
    And also Los216 you make the classic shortsighted mistake everyone seems to make around here which is that his game will not evolve and he'll always be the same guy. Same for zeller.. I bet a year ago tons of people were saying "TT is not our PF of the future" like it was a fact.

    The whole off the bench thing is kind of dumb anyway. Like DW3 said you just have to stagger their minutes better.

  19. #329
    Dazed and Confused FlatulenciaRoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Loch Stahkenberyl, NSW
    Posts
    714
    Thanks
    1,672
    Thanked 440 Times in 190 Posts

    Default Re: Game #40 | Cavaliers @ Kings | Monday Jan. 14, 2013 | 10:00 pm ET

    When your starting PF has as many assists as your starting all-star point guard you're in trouble. Especially when the PF has only 1 turnover to 6.
    The problem with doing nothing is that I never know when I'm done.

  20. #330
    The second of his name. theSTEREO.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,149
    Thanks
    4,529
    Thanked 6,383 Times in 1,491 Posts

    Default Re: Game #40 | Cavaliers @ Kings | Monday Jan. 14, 2013 | 10:00 pm ET

    Quote Originally Posted by Cratylus View Post
    If I'm Kyrie, I say "Done. I came to this league to WIN, not to be embarrassed night after night because my team's GM won't supply his team with adequate players. I'm sure there are lots of teams who would love to have my services at their disposal. And if you won't explain to Cavs fans why I'm leaving, I'll be more than happy to."
    I thought you had a smarter basketball mind than that Cratylus. Anyone who understands how the NBA works knows that that is nonsense.

    Name me a single #1 overall pick whose team has competed for a championship, let alone made the playoffs, within their first two or three seasons. The only two in the last decade and a half, maybe longer, have been Derrick Rose (whose team had a slightly off year and snagged the top pick from the 9 spot) and Tim Duncan whose team had a full on Andrew Luck situation where they had a championship core just waiting for him to walk on the court thanks to a major injury.

    If Kyrie is stupid enough to look at this team and think that to this point the Cavs are doing it wrong, then he is in the wrong league and has a severely over inflated ego.

    That's just not how the nba works, and the smart players know it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •