Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 184
  1. #166
    gooby pls Marcus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cleveland/Columbus
    Posts
    6,477
    Thanks
    4,290
    Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,003 Posts

    Default Re: Manti T'eo's dead girlfriend is a hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by cafemerald View Post
    I agree. This is all lies on top of lies. ESPN doesn't care. They just want the story... true or false.

    The reporting they are doing now is the same shoddy reporting that got everyone in this mess. It's reactionary reporting. God forbid they fact check any source beforehand. It's gotten to the point that I think ESPN encourages shoddy reporting, because it makes better stories when the previous stories fall apart.
    Agreed. They are just reporting everything that they hear without bothering to verify its authenticity. Hate to say it, but this shitty reporting reminds me of the reporting that was being done on the day of the Newtown massacre.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marcus For This Useful Post:


  3. #167
    Or Also Schtick Little Seizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,287
    Thanks
    24,744
    Thanked 28,880 Times in 9,231 Posts

    Default Re: Manti T'eo's dead girlfriend is a hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Agreed. They are just reporting everything that they hear without bothering to verify its authenticity. Hate to say it, but this shitty reporting reminds me of the reporting that was being done on the day of the Newtown massacre.
    Or Trayvon. Or anything of any proportion really.

    They're a bunch of leeches and unfortunately they're a reflection of what people want to see.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Seizer For This Useful Post:


  5. #168
    gooby pls Marcus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cleveland/Columbus
    Posts
    6,477
    Thanks
    4,290
    Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,003 Posts

    Default Re: Manti T'eo's dead girlfriend is a hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiglet View Post
    Or Trayvon. Or anything of any proportion really.

    They're a bunch of leeches and unfortunately they're a reflection of what people want to see.
    Yup... journalistic integrity as we know it is dead.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Marcus For This Useful Post:


  7. #169
    The One Who Knocks Biw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ELYRIA
    Posts
    1,748
    Thanks
    1,394
    Thanked 1,854 Times in 650 Posts

    Default Re: Manti T'eo's dead girlfriend is a hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Yup... journalistic integrity as we know it is dead.
    Deader than Harvey Dent after Batman threw him off that building.
    "You drew a picture of my morning, but you couldn't make my day."
    -Naughty by Nature

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Biw For This Useful Post:


  9. #170
    Best in the World The Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Avon
    Posts
    12,048
    Thanks
    482
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

    Default Re: Manti T'eo's dead girlfriend is a hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave K View Post
    im not buying a star athlete at college resorts to getting ass online.
    Is it that hard to understand that the guy is socially awkward or doesn't have a lot of experience talking to chicks? Therefore, he doesn't really know how to talk to girls. This might come to a shock to you, but not every star college athlete is slaying chicks left and right. These are all still young kids.

    Not to mention he's a Mormon going to a Catholic University.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

    9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

  10. #171
    . David.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,421
    Thanks
    7,621
    Thanked 6,570 Times in 2,721 Posts

    Default Re: Manti T'eo's dead girlfriend is a hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    Is it that hard to understand that the guy is socially awkward or doesn't have a lot of experience talking to chicks? Therefore, he doesn't really know how to talk to girls. This might come to a shock to you, but not every star college athlete is slaying chicks left and right. These are all still young kids.

    Not to mention he's a Mormon going to a Catholic University.
    The reason why star athletes generally like to be out in mixed company so much is because regardless of how they interact with women, they will respond well to their status.

    You dont think theres a few hundred truck loads of girls that would bang the bejesus out of the heisman runner up, youre not doing it right
    Things Dave K was right about:

    Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK


    And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

  11. #172
    Best in the World The Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Avon
    Posts
    12,048
    Thanks
    482
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

    Default Re: Manti T'eo's dead girlfriend is a hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave K View Post
    The reason why star athletes generally like to be out in mixed company so much is because regardless of how they interact with women, they will respond well to their status.

    You dont think theres a few hundred truck loads of girls that would bang the bejesus out of the heisman runner up, youre not doing it right
    I think you mean, he's not doing it right. He's a Mormon at a Catholic university. That's opposite religions and he's kind of socially awkward.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

    9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

  12. #173
    . David.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,421
    Thanks
    7,621
    Thanked 6,570 Times in 2,721 Posts

    Default Re: Manti T'eo's dead girlfriend is a hoax

    nope, meant youre not being realistic.. Quad would never be able to keep up with Michael Cera, who is hardly Manti T'eo
    Things Dave K was right about:

    Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK


    And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

  13. #174
    Valar Morghulis Nicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Ohio
    Posts
    7,502
    Thanks
    2,329
    Thanked 3,208 Times in 1,450 Posts

    Default Re: Manti T'eo's dead girlfriend is a hoax

    Manti is goo at what he does. He's an athlete. That doesn't translate into him hooking up left and right. Doesn't matter a person's occupation; anyone can be socially awkward and not really know how to interact with people/people of the opposite sex. There are anxiety issues. Even musicians have anxiety about performing in front of people.

    Manti seems to come off a pretty shy, when it comes to females. Sometimes it's easier for people to communicate via text, than face to face. Although I'm still not sure if I'm buying all of this, but social awkwardness is out there.
    Be excellent to each other.

  14. #175
    . David.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,421
    Thanks
    7,621
    Thanked 6,570 Times in 2,721 Posts

    Default Re: Manti T'eo's dead girlfriend is a hoax

    Being socially awkward is to an extent a bunch of learned traits (shyness is not a personality trait, it is a habit) or lack of practice in social settings.. You tend to have a lot more positive reinforcement while in social settings and encouragement to attend social functions when you are a star athlete. I find it almost impossible for him to not have a myriad of options
    Things Dave K was right about:

    Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK


    And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

  15. #176
    The One Who Knocks Biw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ELYRIA
    Posts
    1,748
    Thanks
    1,394
    Thanked 1,854 Times in 650 Posts

    Default Re: Manti T'eo's dead girlfriend is a hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave K View Post
    The reason why star athletes generally like to be out in mixed company so much is because regardless of how they interact with women, they will respond well to their status.

    You dont think theres a few hundred truck loads of girls that would bang the bejesus out of the heisman runner up, youre not doing it right
    I hear you but the guy is uber religious. When you're Mormon, you're usually pretty deep in your faith and religion. I don't know many casual Mormons. It's not that far fetched for Manti to be a naive religious dude that got played.


    I'm sure there was plenty of pussy lined up for Tebow as well. Some guys are just different man.
    "You drew a picture of my morning, but you couldn't make my day."
    -Naughty by Nature

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Biw For This Useful Post:


  17. #177
    Valar Morghulis Nicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Ohio
    Posts
    7,502
    Thanks
    2,329
    Thanked 3,208 Times in 1,450 Posts

    Default Re: Manti T'eo's dead girlfriend is a hoax

    I could have sworn that teammates claimed he didn't really attend social functions. Maybe he liked things in a "controlled" way, without the pressure of teammates, etc.
    Be excellent to each other.

  18. #178
    Best in the World The Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Avon
    Posts
    12,048
    Thanks
    482
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

    Default Re: Manti T'eo's dead girlfriend is a hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave K View Post
    Being socially awkward is to an extent a bunch of learned traits (shyness is not a personality trait, it is a habit) or lack of practice in social settings.. You tend to have a lot more positive reinforcement while in social settings and encouragement to attend social functions when you are a star athlete. I find it almost impossible for him to not have a myriad of options
    He's uber religious and probably didn't attend these said social functions. Some people are inherently, quieter. It has nothing to do with experience or social setting.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

    9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

  19. #179
    Or Also Schtick Little Seizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,287
    Thanks
    24,744
    Thanked 28,880 Times in 9,231 Posts

    Default Re: Manti T'eo's dead girlfriend is a hoax

    Nicky, tell davek that Manti T'eo is more attractive than Channing Tatum and let's see what happens.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Seizer For This Useful Post:


  21. #180
    Rising Star Bob_The_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,679
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 1,279 Times in 537 Posts

    Default Re: Manti T'eo's dead girlfriend is a hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    Manti is goo at what he does. He's an athlete. That doesn't translate into him hooking up left and right. Doesn't matter a person's occupation; anyone can be socially awkward and not really know how to interact with people/people of the opposite sex. There are anxiety issues. Even musicians have anxiety about performing in front of people.

    Manti seems to come off a pretty shy, when it comes to females. Sometimes it's easier for people to communicate via text, than face to face. Although I'm still not sure if I'm buying all of this, but social awkwardness is out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave K View Post
    Being socially awkward is to an extent a bunch of learned traits (shyness is not a personality trait, it is a habit) or lack of practice in social settings.. You tend to have a lot more positive reinforcement while in social settings and encouragement to attend social functions when you are a star athlete. I find it almost impossible for him to not have a myriad of options
    You guys couldn't be more wrong on this. Being a D1 athlete literally gives you an instant card to all the poon you can shake a stick at. I have a bunch of good friends that were on the basketball and football teams at OU, and it was insane how many women threw themselves at these guys. The ogres, the one's that were shy and socially awkward, etc. There were so many jersey chasers that they sought out the guys that simply looked like they played football or basketball and did everything they could to take one of them home. Add in the fact that T'eo is a future NFL player, a Heisman contender, and attended one of the most well known and biggest football schools around, and he probably had to beat girls off with a stick. Obviously his religious beliefs are a whole different thing, but if you really think that he couldn't find a high quality piece of ass at ND just by walking into a bar and standing there, you're out of your mind.

    On another note, one of my good friends from college is one of Tony's Gonzalez' best friends (OSU) and he came to one of our parties down at OU. Not an OSU fan, but he was a really cool guy, a little shy, and probably not what most women would say was the most attractive dude in the bunch. However, he still had women flocking to him. Why? Because he played football for OSU.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob_The_Cat For This Useful Post:


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •