1 0.32%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

0 0%
Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 676 Posts

Default Re: Cavs Trade w/ Memphis (Speights, Selby, Ellington, and #1 pick for Leuer)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Dude, who in the HELL took the time to make a Jon Leuer mix?
    complete with crappy music, probably to cover up the commentary of trash talking "Leuer really should have taken that shot, its not his game" etc

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AuxiliaryPie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,375 Times in 1,770 Posts

Default Re: Cavs Trade w/ Memphis (Speights, Selby, Ellington, and #1 pick for Leuer)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
    Won't be available. Have to take physicals.
    Yeah, I didn't know if they could expedite them, though.

So I guess Pargo got waived? Forgive me if someone posted it before that Douglar post. Sad to see him go, I loved watching him in Kyrie's absense. I hope he finds a place in the league.
    i like jorts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IWantAKouki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,375 Times in 1,770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZooCrewDude View Post
    A secondary outcome of this trade that I haven't seen mentioned: a trade like this will breathe some life into this team. I have no insight into the behind the scene mentality of this team, but you would have to believe that guys are likely stuck in a negative rut. It's been a tough season with a lot of injuries, tough losses, and young mistakes. We might not win an extra game because of this trade, but some fresh faces might make youngsters care again during practice at a point of the season when it's easy to stop caring. Some young and hungry blood is being added from an outside source that will naturally push guys like Tristan, Kyrie and Waiters.

We talk about the 'losing mentality' all the time and despite all the debate about the actual impact it might have, this could revive a team that has to be stuck in a rut, without necessarily impacting the record or the tank.
    Not to mention that Speights and Ellington were regular contributors to a winning team. Dunno how much that carries over.
    i like jorts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAKouki View Post

So I guess Pargo got waived? Forgive me if someone posted it before that Douglar post. Sad to see him go, I loved watching him in Kyrie's absense. I hope he finds a place in the league.
    I think the player has to be willing to expedite the process. They have a set timeline to report to their new team.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to calleger For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,520 Times in 4,041 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAKouki View Post

#LETPARGOWORK

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 945 Posts

Real question is does Selby see any time? He's clearly a very talented player, albeit a little bit selfish and streetball like in his mentality. Interesting to see if Byron can get through to this kid.

Will he actually play?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Reynolds For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Real question is does Selby see any time? He's clearly a very talented player, albeit a little bit selfish and streetball like in his mentality. Interesting to see if Byron can get through to this kid.

Will he actually play?

It'll at least be interesting to see what Scott can do with this kid. He was considered talented at some point, and hes only 21.

Could be a steal on a team that has the patience to build him.

Coming out of his shell.. Lumthemad's Avatar
    Thanks

Selby should see a look at somepoint but perhaps not right away. Cavs have nothing to lose with him seeing the court,unlike Memphis. Selby though has NO lefthand to speak of and is an undersized scorer. Tough to say if he can be the sleeper many people thought he could be. Love the trade regardless. Check out Selbys Summer league 3point shooting to see some of the positives to his game..
    Sometimes madness is the best kind of logic

Thanks
    Thanked 8,756 Times in 3,473 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot5415 View Post
    W&G liked a post of mine

Im one of 207 total thanked posts. I feel like I can finally retire from this site.
    Talk to me when you get old school repped by him.

Anyway this trade is a total coup. Leuer wasn't good enough to get playing time on a roster where really all he had to do was beat out Luke Walton. We moved him for 3 guys who will all contribute to this team and a lottery pick. We parlayed Leuer into an actual bench rotation.

I actually prefer that we're going to get the pick a few years down the road. We'll be competing (with or without LeBron) and our own picks will likely be very poor. We'll be able to continue to add good young talent while we're a playoff team. That's huge! That plus the Miami pick if LeBron does in fact leave. Doesn't matter if he's here, or in LA, or Brooklyn. If he leaves Miami that 2015 pick could be great as well.

Leave it to Corey to troll with just absolutely god awful logic.
    Ass pennies

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Yanni Football For This Useful Post:

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,564 Times in 1,553 Posts

When I first saw this trade, I probably spent 15 minutes, trying to see what else we traded other than Jon Leuer. Then I found this thread, and saw that it was just Jon fucking Leuer. Unreal trade. Grant just made Memphis his bitch in that trade.

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kosis View Post
    Forgive me if it was posted, as I haven't read this whole thread... but when I think Speights, I think:

Forget about that! Here he is posterizing Jonas V!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Loblaw For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Love this trade for the Cavs, and I don't see any way you couldn't.

My favorite aspect of this trade is that my new avatar is completely relevant now.

Miracle of Richfield daytripper's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chuck0609 View Post
    It'll at least be interesting to see what Scott can do with this kid. He was considered talented at some point, and hes only 21.

Could be a steal on a team that has the patience to build him.
    Selby was the #4 rated high school prospect in 2010. Coincidentally Kyrie was rated #3 that year. Tristan was rated #12 and Dion #23.

Byron has a good track record developing guards but can't see Selby getting alot of playing time behind Kyrie and Dion. Not to mention Livingston, Miles, Boobie(if he's not dealt) and Ellington should all be ahead of him on the pecking list.

Speights was the guy I wanted in the 2008 draft. He reminds me a bit of Hickson too. Neither one is a mental giant. At least he can step in for Andy to finish the season. It was getting tiring watching Zeller get pushed around every night.

Of course the future pick is the crown jewel of this trade. It's another asset the Cavs can also use in a future trade too. Even though it's a future pick it takes a little bit of the sting from probably losing the right to that Laker swap this year.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to daytripper For This Useful Post:

Practice Squad
    Thanks

With Byron's history of developing guards is anyone else ready to give Selby a chance with Scott and see if he can help him along?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Zf23 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,392 Times in 1,660 Posts

Ughh Selby's stats are awful in the limited minutes he's played:
    PER: 2.49
    TS%: 37.8
    A TO rate higher then his Assist Rate.

Here's hoping sample size error is in effect
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis