Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63
  1. #31
    Rookie The Gil-lionaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    143
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 88 Times in 40 Posts

    Default Re: Hidden Restaurant Gems: Cleveland's Best Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by macbdog View Post
    Ohio City Burrito and University Inn for me.
    Both excellent lunch decisions. University Inn/Sokolowskis is probably the best pierogies in Cleveland. I have eaten out a ton in the Cleveland area (as I work downtown). Taste Buds at E 30th and (I believe) Lakeside is great. Palookaville Chili, Souper Market, and West Side Market Cafe are other great places towards Ohio City.

    For the Lakewood crowd, I'll second the recommendations given by other posters for India Garden and Barrocho's. Also a fan of Angelo's Pizza, Diner on Clifton, 56 west, and My Friends.

  2. #32
    3 ball... got it!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,630
    Thanks
    6,249
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 678 Posts

    Default Re: Hidden Restaurant Gems: Cleveland's Best Eats

    Across from Melt in Lakewood is Eddie And Eddie's. Fantastic food.

  3. #33
    Rising Star TJ Detweiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    1,921
    Thanks
    443
    Thanked 779 Times in 307 Posts

    Default Re: Hidden Restaurant Gems: Cleveland's Best Eats

    as stated before, Superior Pho is amazing. Steve's Gyro's in West Side Market is some of the best streetfood i've had. Best pizza would be Bar Cento

  4. #34
    Carbs Nicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Ohio
    Posts
    7,988
    Thanks
    2,600
    Thanked 3,573 Times in 1,612 Posts

    Default Re: Hidden Restaurant Gems: Cleveland's Best Eats

    China Gate in South Euclid is amazing. THey left a good 5 years ago, and are returning to the newly built center, in a week or so.

    Melt is decent, but moderately. The wait is ridiculous, in Lakewood. I can walk to the one in Cleveland Heights. Went there a few weeks ago, with a 20 min. wait. If I went to Lakewood, the wait would have been a good 1.5hr wait.

    B-Spot is very good, if you like burger. I know people get pissy that you can't substitute certain cheeses, etc. I think they fail to remember that Chef Michael Symon created the burger in a specific way, and it's meant to taste the way he wants it to.
    Our economy's built on LeBron James.

  5. #35
    Or Also Schtick The Oi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,329
    Thanks
    26,947
    Thanked 30,681 Times in 9,780 Posts

    Default Re: Hidden Restaurant Gems: Cleveland's Best Eats

    I can't wait to get out to Cleveland and nosh at some of these local eateries. Does anyone want to meet up at one of these places?





































    Well, too bad because you all creep me out and I fear that 99.8% of you would be a risk for a murder-suicide after an attempted rape. Nicky is the exception for the creep factor, but regardless of how many times she keeps trying to approach me via PM, it's not gonna happen. It's not even because I've gone up to a 9.8 on hotornot the last few days, it's because I'm happily married and that Cleveland Heights is exactly the type of place where If I managed to avoid the murder and rape by an RCF member, someone would catch me at the bus stop and finish the job.

    And don't even give me that ohhhh you're too short, I only like guys that look identical to Jason Bateman, you're not my type bullshit...I'm everybody's type. Except maybe girls that are taller than me. They sometimes seem to be impervious to my charms. Skanks.
    Last edited by The Oi; 01-24-2013 at 09:32 PM.

  6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:


  7. #36
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    10,641
    Thanks
    6,619
    Thanked 11,818 Times in 4,122 Posts

    Default Re: Hidden Restaurant Gems: Cleveland's Best Eats

    Let me know if any of you assholes are ever in Charlotte. I'll clue you in on some real restaurants.

  8. #37
    Kouki, Not Cookie. IWantAKouki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    6,522
    Thanks
    4,987
    Thanked 4,375 Times in 1,770 Posts

    Default Re: Hidden Restaurant Gems: Cleveland's Best Eats

    My sister lives in Charlotte (actually Huntersville). Please fill me in.

    Anyways screw you Clevelandlanders, Luigis's Pizza in akron is the best pizza around. rest of their food.....tastes like spaghettios. just get the pizza.

    im drunk.
    i like jorts

  9. #38
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    10,641
    Thanks
    6,619
    Thanked 11,818 Times in 4,122 Posts

    Default Re: Hidden Restaurant Gems: Cleveland's Best Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by IWantAKouki View Post
    My sister lives in Charlotte (actually Huntersville). Please fill me in.

    Anyways screw you Clevelandlanders, Luigis's Pizza in akron is the best pizza around. rest of their food.....tastes like spaghettios. just get the pizza.

    im drunk.
    http://www.macspeedshop.com/ - Good BBQ and an awesome microbrew selection.

    http://saucemans.com/home/saucemans-home.php - The best BBQ I've had in Charlotte.

    http://ifilmaaron.wix.com/big-bens-british-pub - If you like British/Irish food, an excellent choice.

    http://www.queencityq.com/ - Another great BBQ joint.

    http://losarcosmexicanrestaurant91.c...%2Findex2.html - Amazing Mexican lunch buffet. The concept sounds terrible, but the quality if excellent.

    http://www.diamondcharlotte.com/ - Diner-style food. Very good.

    http://librettospizzeria.com/ - Best pizza in Charlotte.

    http://www.zuccapizza.com/ - Second best pizza in Charlotte. Has the best calzones I've ever tried.

    http://cabofishtaco.com/ - Incredible food. The burritos are my favorite choice.

    http://midwoodsmokehouse.com/ - Another great BBQ choice.

    http://www.greekislesrestaurant.com/ - If you like Greek food, can't go wrong here.

    http://www.tavernonthetracks.com/?redir=1 - Surprisingly good food, especially during a night of drinking.

    http://almikestavern.com/ - No idea how to classify this place, but I went there on a date and had an amazing crawfish burrito.

    Those are the ones I could come up with off the top of my head. I'll edit this and add more as I think of them.
    Last edited by Jack Brickman; 01-25-2013 at 12:21 AM.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:


  11. #39
    Slow Motion See Me Let Go Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    What's in your alley way? Recyclin bins or bulletcases? Brooklyn Son, what...
    Posts
    10,526
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 391 Times in 152 Posts

    Default Re: Hidden Restaurant Gems: Cleveland's Best Eats

    Luigis pizza is the biggest fallacy known to man. The only reason why anybody thinks it's remotely good is because they are drunk. One of the worst pizzas out there.

    Piada is like an Italian Chipotle, they just opened one in the new Warrensville center in South Euclid. Pretty interesting concept. Kinda pricey, but it was damn good.
    http://realcavsfans.com/signaturepics/sigpic4_1.gif
    More Than A Club!

  12. #40
    Bania'd Soda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Side of CLE
    Posts
    7,999
    Thanks
    4,212
    Thanked 4,893 Times in 2,081 Posts

    Default Re: Hidden Restaurant Gems: Cleveland's Best Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiglet View Post
    Well, too bad because you all creep me out and I fear that 99.8% of you would be a risk for a murder-suicide after an attempted rape. Nicky is the exception for the creep factor, but regardless of how many times she keeps trying to approach me via PM, it's not gonna happen. It's not even because I've gone up to a 9.8 on hotornot the last few days, it's because I'm happily married and that Cleveland Heights is exactly the type of place where If I managed to avoid the murder and rape by an RCF member, someone would catch me at the bus stop and finish the job..
    You've got some lofty expectations for Cleveland (and Cleveland Heights).

    Heights' biggest issues right now are a couple of high school fights and a dog that was shot in the park... This is all on top of the fact that I'd bet that most of the people posting in this thread are not only not a threat, but are probably too creeped out to speak to someone new in public


    Skank.

    Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soda For This Useful Post:


  14. #41
    Or Also Schtick The Oi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,329
    Thanks
    26,947
    Thanked 30,681 Times in 9,780 Posts

    Default Re: Hidden Restaurant Gems: Cleveland's Best Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by RappSoda View Post
    I'd bet that most of the people posting in this thread are not only not a threat, but are probably too creeped out to speak to someone new in public :scare
    Skank.
    Good point. I'd guess that about 30-35% of the members here could carry on a conversation with a stranger without being socially terrified and awkward. But that's compared to like 3% of those moronic boards Chardon and davek frequent. 4chan and something else.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:


  16. #42
    Kouki, Not Cookie. IWantAKouki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    6,522
    Thanks
    4,987
    Thanked 4,375 Times in 1,770 Posts

    Default Re: Hidden Restaurant Gems: Cleveland's Best Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Luigis pizza is the biggest fallacy known to man. The only reason why anybody thinks it's remotely good is because they are drunk. One of the worst pizzas out there.

    Piada is like an Italian Chipotle, they just opened one in the new Warrensville center in South Euclid. Pretty interesting concept. Kinda pricey, but it was damn good.
    Bullshit, their pizza is good. Everything else sucks, but the pizza is good.
    i like jorts

  17. #43
    Situational Stopper
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    461
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 395 Times in 126 Posts

    Default Re: Hidden Restaurant Gems: Cleveland's Best Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Luigis pizza is the biggest fallacy known to man. The only reason why anybody thinks it's remotely good is because they are drunk. One of the worst pizzas out there.

    Piada is like an Italian Chipotle, they just opened one in the new Warrensville center in South Euclid. Pretty interesting concept. Kinda pricey, but it was damn good.
    Yeah that would be exactly how I would describe Piada I thought I was in a chipotle the way it looked when I stop at the one near Columbus, I hadn't realized that they had opened a location in NE Ohio but ill defiantly have to make a trip to get some one of these days.

  18. #44
    Resident Microbiologist Dr. Gymbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Stow, OH
    Posts
    2,944
    Thanks
    2,482
    Thanked 2,725 Times in 786 Posts

    Default Re: Hidden Restaurant Gems: Cleveland's Best Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiglet View Post
    I can't wait to get out to Cleveland and nosh at some of these local eateries. Does anyone want to meet up at one of these places?





































    Well, too bad because you all creep me out and I fear that 99.8% of you would be a risk for a murder-suicide after an attempted rape. Nicky is the exception for the creep factor, but regardless of how many times she keeps trying to approach me via PM, it's not gonna happen. It's not even because I've gone up to a 9.8 on hotornot the last few days, it's because I'm happily married and that Cleveland Heights is exactly the type of place where If I managed to avoid the murder and rape by an RCF member, someone would catch me at the bus stop and finish the job.

    And don't even give me that ohhhh you're too short, I only like guys that look identical to Jason Bateman, you're not my type bullshit...I'm everybody's type. Except maybe girls that are taller than me. They sometimes seem to be impervious to my charms. Skanks.
    Especially in-laws, amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSurge View Post
    To be fair, "Heat Reporters" have only been on the job a few years.

    Probably got on 2K and put in work.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Gymbo For This Useful Post:


  20. #45
    Or Also Schtick The Oi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,329
    Thanks
    26,947
    Thanked 30,681 Times in 9,780 Posts

    Default Re: Hidden Restaurant Gems: Cleveland's Best Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by Gymbo View Post
    Especially in-laws, amirite?
    Even the dog has been giving the eye lately...weirdos.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •