Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,600 Times in 3,199 Posts

Default Re: Winning > Tanking... All day..

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot5415 View Post
    That Eric Snow shot celebration wasnt so much because of the injury. In fact it was because he hadnt made a jumpshot in weeks, dare I say even a month or so.
    Yup. We cheered because Eric Snow hit a jumper. It was great.

I was also at a game where Scot Pollard scored during garbage time (the only time he played, obviously) and the crowd went equally nuts. I had a custom-made Scot Pollard hoodie that was incredible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Yup. We cheered because Eric Snow hit a jumper. It was great.

I was also at a game where Scot Pollard scored during garbage time (the only time he played, obviously) and the crowd went equally nuts. I had a custom-made Scot Pollard hoodie that was incredible.
    Here's my Eric Snow story: I was at a cavs game and at one point the ball was passed to Snow and he was WIDE OPEN around the free throw line. he started to make a motion like he was going to shoot a jumper, but the entire stadium started yelling "NOOOOOOO!!!"...he was such a notoriously bad shooter that the entire crowd was begging him not to shoot a wide open shot ...i didn't imagine it, you could actually hear the screams of horror throughout the entire stadium...it was an audible crowd reaction. after the stadium screamed from his initial head fake, he paused for a second and then passed it away. the audible screams from the crowd had actually persuaded him not to shoot. it was amazing. It was like for a second Snow had forgotten that he was a terrible shooter, but the crowd reaction jolted him back to reality and he came to his senses and passed the ball away. Never have I witnessed a crowd actually influencing a player's actions on the court like that.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gregdawg For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,600 Times in 3,199 Posts

Do we have a great Cavs game stories thread? If not, we should.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KI4MVP View Post
    That was the game after our big trade where he was forced to play on his bad knee because we had to sign I think 3 D-League players to have a minimum 8 man roster, yet we impossibly won over the Wizards. Snow hadn't played in over a week and never played again.

I'll never forget that game. I actually sat next to E Snow's family who had to listen to Eric take one of the worst verbal beatdowns from the crowd Ive ever heard at a home game. When he hit that shot the smiles on his family's face lit up the entire arena.

It was also awesome when they kept showing Big Ben, Wally, Delonte, and Joe Smith in the owners box and Big Ben was just pounding on some chicken wings.
    ZZZ

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to B Mac For This Useful Post:

Luke, I am your Father Bill Walton.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,753 Times in 676 Posts

Schedule before ASB
    G State
    @Detriot
    Okc 2 night of back2back
    Charlotte
    Orlando
    Denver b2b
    Minnesota
    San Antonio

4-4 would be a solid finish IMO.
    Read this:
    As I've said before, I never repeat myself

Got something you want me to say? Post it here: http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.p...lton-Post-1000

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Walton. For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B Mac View Post
    I'll never forget that game. I actually sat next to E Snow's family who had to listen to Eric take one of the worst verbal beatdowns from the crowd Ive ever heard at a home game. When he hit that shot the smiles on his family's face lit up the entire arena.

It was also awesome when they kept showing Big Ben, Wally, Delonte, and Joe Smith in the owners box and Big Ben was just pounding on some chicken wings.
    For some reason I vividly remember watching that game as well. Kaniel Dickens, Billy Thomas and Dwayne Jones would be the answer to one of the craziest trivia questions of all time.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CornerThree For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,865 Times in 535 Posts

How about both, Cavaliers style!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoCavFan For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Hah, I was going to say in trouble at beginning of the season. But I went for the dramatic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B Mac View Post

idk if i happened but I remember that game and Lebron pointing to the box at one point as to say"Get ready to join us guys!" I remember that....maybe I imagined that tho. The funnest games weve had was that one and the last game of the season that one year where our starters didnt play and Boobie sent it to OT at the buzzer.

I miss that excitment

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kizzle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,648 Times in 2,599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Walton. View Post
    Schedule before ASB
    G State
    @Detriot
    Okc 2 night of back2back
    Charlotte
    Orlando
    Denver b2b
    Minnesota
    San Antonio

4-4 would be a solid finish IMO.
    What are your 4 wins? I'm thinking @Detroit, Charlotte, Orlando, and Minnesota.
    -Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kizzle View Post
    idk if i happened but I remember that game and Lebron pointing to the box at one point as to say"Get ready to join us guys!" I remember that....maybe I imagined that tho. The funnest games weve had was that one and the last game of the season that one year where our starters didnt play and Boobie sent it to OT at the buzzer.

I miss that excitment
    The point definitely happened.
    ZZZ

Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 Times in 521 Posts

Talk about a week-long dead-thread... I guess it's better than igniting similar conversation in the Tankapalooza thread.

Our team does seem to be growing somewhat. But where we step up and defeat the Thunder or we smackdown the Bobcats, what happens when we battle the middle-roaders? I can see why most of the guys here don't think we can compete after February. We're growing as a team. Sure, we're not going to go 25-5 or so the rest of the way, but it would be nice to actually look better.

What I get out of this would be if we get outside of the top 5-8 of the draft, we can either pull off a "Ray Allen trade" with our assets, shift the assets around to get our targets, and keep growing as a team with our core, regardless of who's here. We'll win some, we'll lose some. You don't want the habit of losing to invade the room as it'll infect the locker room and grow a team of pretenders.
    (Reserved for future Animated Signature-that-won't-slow-you-down)

Magic Number Thread:
    http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.p...in-May-2011...

The latest updates are noted within the context.

Thanks

My stretch goal is like 31-51....which would be roughly .500 the rest of the way. I hope they figure out how to win.

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Here's an interesting change:

We all know our starting unit had been playing real well, only to blow leads when we had to go to the bench. This was illustrated by the fact that the Irving-Waiters-Gee-Thompson-Varejao lineup was +53 in 189 minutes. They outscored the opponent 70% of the time.

But the Irving-Waiters-Gee-Thompson-Zeller lineup has not kept pace. As of 1/28, they are -16 in 217 minutes with a "Win%" of 50%.

The Irving-Gee-Miles-Thompson-Zeller unit has been a bit better. They are +13 in 99 minutes with a "Win%" of 57%.

You'd think the starters would have gotten a big boost yesterday, but it looks like they were just +4 as a group in ~ 16 minutes together. Even more curious when you consider Kyrie was +22, Tyler +19, Dion +15, Tristan +21, and Gee +14 for the game and none of them played more than Kyrie's 28 minutes.

So, our starting unit may not be as effective, but our new found bench is changing everything.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,933 Times in 2,170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Here's an interesting change:

We all know our starting unit had been playing real well, only to blow leads when we had to go to the bench. This was illustrated by the fact that the Irving-Waiters-Gee-Thompson-Varejao lineup was +53 in 189 minutes. They outscored the opponent 70% of the time.

But the Irving-Waiters-Gee-Thompson-Zeller lineup has not kept pace. As of 1/28, they are -16 in 217 minutes with a "Win%" of 50%.

The Irving-Gee-Miles-Thompson-Zeller unit has been a bit better. They are +13 in 99 minutes with a "Win%" of 57%.

You'd think the starters would have gotten a big boost yesterday, but it looks like they were just +4 as a group in ~ 16 minutes together. Even more curious when you consider Kyrie was +22, Tyler +19, Dion +15, Tristan +21, and Gee +14 for the game and none of them played more than Kyrie's 28 minutes.

So, our starting unit may not be as effective, but our new found bench is changing everything.
    so you're saying Zeller isn't as good as Andy?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to KI4MVP For This Useful Post: