Page 13 of 155 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 762 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    This guy knows a lot about qbs. He hated both Russell Wison and RG3 as prospects. My qb go to guy right here.
    Great point.

You sound highly intelligent by naming two QB's I didn't like who turned out to be good.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,494 Times in 1,116 Posts

I think you guys are seriously overrating Flacco. He's good, and even if he were available per se, he is NOT worth 2 first round draft picks. Flacco is playing on a team loaded with talent on both sides of the football. He'd be asked to come to the Browns and carry a sub-par team.

He's not that kind of QB. The guy has never thrown for 4,000 yards in his career, nor thrown for 30 TDs. I know stats aren't everything, but Flacco would have to start putting up those kinds of numbers to help this team start winning games. We don't have HOF players defensively. We don't have elite skill players at every position. The Ravens are a great team, and Flacco is a good QB that knows how to take advantage of the good fruits he has been given.

He is better than Weeden, he is definitely better than anything we got. All true. That doesn't mean you start throwing out the lot for him.
    Last edited by godfather; 02-06-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    If I sound ignorant, don't blame me. I post on realcavsfans.com

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godfather For This Useful Post:

Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,568 Times in 1,663 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    if the ravens put an exclusive franchise tag on flacco (Which they probably will) the browns (or any other team) would never even have the chance to negotiate with him.

flacco isnt coming here, and the browns have much bigger needs than QB right now, can we as a board please accept that? the browns are switching styles of defense and they might have 2 of 4 starting LBs, on top of that they need another safety, and CB help. This doesnt even touch the offensive side of the ball where they clearly need another guard, and TE
    Again, if all we do is drive up Flacco's price to the Ravens, then we still win. The non-exclusive franchise tag would put him at 14 million per season and allow him to look at other teams to drive his price up. If the Ravens use the exclusive tag then his price is $20 million at a minimum. To my point, if the mere threat of the Browns trying to steal Flacco costs the Ravens 6 million in cap space, then Joe Banner and Lombardi have played the game well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nw220 View Post
    Understood and i dont think hes reached his full potential ethier,having great weapons around you only brings your confidence way up and he could start to become elite...But think hes way better than anything Weeden is or will become ecspically given his age...
    The good weapons argument is never that good. It's hard enough to play football in the NFL. Reading different coverages, and dealing with different exotic blitz for the defense. If playing with great weapons made everything that easy, then why the hell can't the Cards find a half decent QB, given they have maybe the best receiving core in the game.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to godfather For This Useful Post:

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,813 Times in 947 Posts

Like I said all season and will keep saying, give Weeden another season and let him work with Chud and Turner. He looked like garbage last season because he was in a 30 year old garbage WCO offense
    Browns QB wish list
    1) Blake Bortles
    2) Teddy Bridgewater
    3) Johnny Manziel
    4) Jimmy Garoppolo
    5) Derek Carr

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JMcCurry08 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,211 Times in 567 Posts

I dont think its any secret that I would love Amendola in Cleveland.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveThous For This Useful Post:

Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,568 Times in 1,663 Posts

Im happy bringing Weeden back for another season to prove himself. I think he has the talent to be a very productive QB in Chud's offense. Flacco would be a big name and we know he'd be above average. At 20 million he will be overpaid but having the most important position on the team locked up for a long time so worth something. Still, best scenario is we don't end up with Flacco and he costs the Ravens 20+.

If Carson Palmer is released from Oakland, I would not be surprised to see the Browns look at him. He would certainly challenge Weeden for the starters role and he'd at least buy us some time to find the QB we want in the draft over the next few years. Plus he'd be relatively cheap IMO. Something to think about. There aren't great QB options out there but I think Palmer could be on their short list as a stop gap and insurance against Weeden.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 812 Posts

i cant believe so many people on this board arent willing to give weeden a chance, absolutely mind boggling he is basically getting run out of town while the bigger disappoint and much higher overall pick is safe and sound.

let this sink in, please. trent richardson had the 2nd lowest yards per carry of any first round running back in the last 10 years. the bottom 4 (besides him) are already out of the league.

god i love cleveland sports fans.

Thanks

I am willing to stick with him for now. I am not a fan of his either, but this switching QB's every single year is stupid. Like, yeah, the last 15 years of doing it has really worked so well.

Thanks

Id love Amendola or Jarius Byrd but i dont think ethier will leave but if they did id love ethier of them....I dont think Weeden is the answer and i do think he will do better next year in Norv and Chud's Offense but that dosent change the fact that i dont believe he will ever take The Browns to the promise land...To me that is the only goal as far as a Browns fan is to win the Super Bowl and ill start by saying that Weeden will not be the guy to win us one....

Thanks
    Thanked 11,535 Times in 4,842 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    i cant believe so many people on this board arent willing to give weeden a chance, absolutely mind boggling he is basically getting run out of town while the bigger disappoint and much higher overall pick is safe and sound.

let this sink in, please. trent richardson had the 2nd lowest yards per carry of any first round running back in the last 10 years. the bottom 4 (besides him) are already out of the league.

god i love cleveland sports fans.
    He also played with broken ribs.

Weeden just is not very good. And has very marginal room for physical improvement while showing no signs of being able to get better at reading an NFL defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    He also played with broken ribs.

Weeden just is not very good. And has very marginal room for physical improvement while showing no signs of being able to get better at reading an NFL defense.
    Weeden can become a Flacco-esque QB in the league.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,535 Times in 4,842 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Triplethreat View Post
    Weeden can become a Flacco-esque QB in the league.
    Haha okay. Flacco is younger than Weeden.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Haha okay. Flacco is younger than Weeden.
    Still think he can play at the same level Flacco did this entire season.

Thanks

I actually think Weedens closet comparison is Flacco, when Flacco first came into the league he needed time to develop the one clear difference is that Weeden does not have that luxury being that he is already older than Flacco...