Page 14 of 155 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 2322
  1. #196
    Redeux FiveThous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    2,277
    Thanks
    2,524
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 599 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

    Hey guys, Brandon Weeden is old!

  2. #197
    All Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    4,018
    Thanks
    2,382
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,048 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

    Hey guys, Staubach and Warner were 28 when they became starting QBs....give Weeden a chance

  3. #198
    Slice & Dice SuperSurge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida
    Posts
    6,783
    Thanks
    6,139
    Thanked 7,874 Times in 2,497 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    Hey guys, Staubach and Warner were 28 when they became starting QBs....give Weeden a chance
    NEVER!!!!


  4. #199
    Playin' for keeps... Spectre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,847
    Thanks
    1,110
    Thanked 1,192 Times in 388 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    Hey guys, Staubach and Warner were 28 when they became starting QBs....give Weeden a chance
    - Warner had 4 years of starting experience in pro football (Arena/NFL Europe), was All-AFL twice, lead NFL Europe in passing and had a year on the NFL bench before starting.

    - Staubach was a 3 year college starter and Heisman/Maxwell winner who played football on service teams in the Navy and played sparingly for 2 years in the NFL before starting full-time.

    - Weeden was a lousy minor league pitcher who never made it past A ball before bad performance and injuries made him switch sports. He started 2 years at Oklahoma State before starting in the NFL as a rookie.

    One of these things is not like the other.

    Like I said when the guy was drafted, being old does not equal experienced.

  5. #200
    All Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    4,018
    Thanks
    2,382
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,048 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

    Breaking News

    Ben Cox ‏@WFNYBen
    #WFNY: NFL Rumor: Browns do not consider Colt McCoy a ‘viable starting option’: In his latest column, long-time ... http://bit.ly/X8BRGd

  6. #201
    Bania'd Soda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Side of CLE
    Posts
    7,951
    Thanks
    4,181
    Thanked 4,839 Times in 2,061 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    Breaking News

    Ben Cox ‏@WFNYBen
    #WFNY: NFL Rumor: Browns do not consider Colt McCoy a ‘viable starting option’: In his latest column, long-time ... http://bit.ly/X8BRGd
    Isn't that Ben?

    Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

  7. #202
    All Star NorthCoastBias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Heart of it All
    Posts
    4,580
    Thanks
    4,440
    Thanked 4,078 Times in 1,056 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by RappSoda View Post
    Isn't that Ben?
    No. RCF Ben tweets from the @realcavsfans account.

  8. #203
    Situational Stopper Nw220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    404
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 87 Times in 56 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

    Since when is this breaking news we already know this as well as Brandon Weeden is not stating QB material ethier..

  9. #204
    All Star Triplethreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    3,696
    Thanks
    1,429
    Thanked 1,867 Times in 844 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    - Warner had 4 years of starting experience in pro football (Arena/NFL Europe), was All-AFL twice, lead NFL Europe in passing and had a year on the NFL bench before starting.

    - Staubach was a 3 year college starter and Heisman/Maxwell winner who played football on service teams in the Navy and played sparingly for 2 years in the NFL before starting full-time.

    - Weeden was a lousy minor league pitcher who never made it past A ball before bad performance and injuries made him switch sports. He started 2 years at Oklahoma State before starting in the NFL as a rookie.

    One of these things is not like the other.

    Like I said when the guy was drafted, being old does not equal experienced.
    Is that supposed to be impressive about Warner or something? That's comparable to playing College Football at Oklahoma State and the fact that you brought that up supporting Warner is just embarrassing. No one gives a fuck about this shit, it doesn't mean that Weeden can't develop into a good QB like the other two.

  10. #205
    Formerly known as Talm MalTalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    2,131
    Thanks
    5,352
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 712 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by Triplethreat View Post
    Is that supposed to be impressive about Warner or something? That's comparable to playing College Football at Oklahoma State and the fact that you brought that up supporting Warner is just embarrassing. No one gives a fuck about this shit, it doesn't mean that Weeden can't develop into a good QB like the other two.
    The only thing that actually worries me about Weeden is someone once indicated he doesn't have a great work ethic. I can't for the life of me remember where I heard that, but I trusted it a reasonably reliable source at the time. If Weeden was to make a jump in the NFL, it will be because of hard work, not because he'll just get it one day. If he isn't willing to put in the effort, and the coaching staff would know that, then perhaps it is best just to move on.
    I've been nothing but complementary of Weeden.
    -b00bie

  11. #206
    member 32 bob2the2nd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    where MD, DE, and PA come together
    Posts
    10,362
    Thanks
    3,791
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 841 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    - Warner had 4 years of starting experience in pro football (Arena/NFL Europe), was All-AFL twice, lead NFL Europe in passing and had a year on the NFL bench before starting.

    - Staubach was a 3 year college starter and Heisman/Maxwell winner who played football on service teams in the Navy and played sparingly for 2 years in the NFL before starting full-time.

    - Weeden was a lousy minor league pitcher who never made it past A ball before bad performance and injuries made him switch sports. He started 2 years at Oklahoma State before starting in the NFL as a rookie.

    One of these things is not like the other.

    Like I said when the guy was drafted, being old does not equal experienced.
    so why cant we let weeden continue to develop?

  12. #207
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    16,677
    Thanks
    3,569
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 5,376 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    so why cant we let weeden continue to develop?
    He'll surely get another year of poor decision making before they pull the trigger on something else.

    One has to wonder how much development there will be.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

  13. #208
    All Star Triplethreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    3,696
    Thanks
    1,429
    Thanked 1,867 Times in 844 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    He'll surely get another year of poor decision making before they pull the trigger on something else.

    One has to wonder how much development there will be.
    Another two years with a QB then change. Always works for the Cleveland Browns.

  14. #209
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    16,677
    Thanks
    3,569
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 5,376 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by Triplethreat View Post
    Another two years with a QB then change. Always works for the Cleveland Browns.
    Sticking with the shitty QB would be the better option?

    While a case could be made for past QBs who failed due to his surroundings, those days are gone. There's no excuse for poor QB play with the young talent and offensive line this team currently has.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

  15. #210
    All Star Triplethreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    3,696
    Thanks
    1,429
    Thanked 1,867 Times in 844 Posts

    Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Sticking with the shitty QB would be the better option?

    While a case could be made for past QBs who failed due to his surroundings, those days are gone. There's no excuse for poor QB play with the young talent and offensive line this team currently has.
    Let a guy develop.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •