Page 19 of 155 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,583 Times in 1,670 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

The quote said we have about 30 million in cap space. I've read we have in excess of 40 million. It also says Mike Vick is an option but he just re-negotiated his contract today. Not sure I'm buying what CBS is selling here on Wallace. Seems like they are putting 2 and 2 together and hoping it comes out to 4.

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SauDogg View Post
    So we'd trade two first rounders to one of the best GM's in the league, who so happens to be in our division, to get a good, but not great, QB. And this QB would be looking for Top 5 QB money.

I would not be ok with that.
    We haven't had a qb since Bernie. So if you can guarantee me that either Weeden or one of those first round draft picks will be a good qb then fine. If not give me a qb and end all this crap.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mofire For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Mike Wallace will be wearing a Miami Dolphins uniform next season, while the Browns will be trotting out Antonio Freeman or Johnnie Morton next season as their "VETERAN WIDE RECEIVER EXTRAORDINAIRE!"
    Last edited by Kevalier; 02-11-2013 at 04:08 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevalier For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 569 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevalier View Post
    Mike Wallace will be wearing a Miami Dolphins uniform next season, while the Browns will be trotting out Antonio Freeman or Johnnie Morton next season as their "VETERAN WIDE RECEIVER EXTRAORDINAIRE!"

I want Joey Galloway!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,547 Times in 571 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mofire View Post
    We haven't had a qb since Bernie. So if you can guarantee me that either Weeden or one of those first round draft picks will be a good qb then fine. If not give me a qb and end all this crap.
    I just don't know if it would help us get to the playoffs more than those two firsts + the cap space. What I'm wondering is that who becomes better long term in this trade:

Ravens get:
    2 first rounders (I'm going to take a stab and say the pics would be in 18-23 range) to one of the best GM's in football to retool their defense.
    Extra cap space to sign a decent QB and other free agents

Browns get:
    Joe Flacco who gives good production, but doesn't carry a team and needs a very good team around him to make a playoff run. Will also need to sign him for about $20 million/year or whatever.

You have to take into account how this effects the Ravens because they're one of the teams the Browns need to get through to make the playoffs. Browns do need a good QB, but that's not all they need, and if they're going to have long term success, they'll really need those first rounders since building through the draft is supposed to be the plan. I'm just not convinced that Flacco alone will put the Browns into Super Bowl contenders.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SauDogg For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SauDogg View Post
    I just don't know if it would help us get to the playoffs more than those two firsts + the cap space. What I'm wondering is that who becomes better long term in this trade:

Ravens get:
    2 first rounders (I'm going to take a stab and say the pics would be in 18-23 range) to one of the best GM's in football to retool their defense.
    Extra cap space to sign a decent QB and other free agents

Browns get:
    Joe Flacco who gives good production, but doesn't carry a team and needs a very good team around him to make a playoff run. Will also need to sign him for about $20 million/year or whatever.

You have to take into account how this effects the Ravens because they're one of the teams the Browns need to get through to make the playoffs. Browns do need a good QB, but that's not all they need, and if they're going to have long term success, they'll really need those first rounders since building through the draft is supposed to be the plan. I'm just not convinced that Flacco alone will put the Browns into Super Bowl contenders.
    Flacco alone will not get the browns into Super Bowl contention. However it's much easier to find those other parts to fit then it is to find that qb.

Thanks

Mike Wallace may be slightly overrated, however adding him makes our WR core a major strength and there's no way around that...

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kriegz View Post
    Mike Wallace may be slightly overrated, however adding him makes our WR core a major strength and there's no way around that...
    Agreed but not at 10-11 million annually. If that's what he wants we would be better off pursing harvin.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mofire View Post
    Agreed but not at 10-11 million annually. If that's what he wants we would be better off pursing harvin.
    Agreed, just got the thought sprung when they said the Steelers expect Wallace to end up in Cleveland

Thanks
    Thanked 11,567 Times in 4,855 Posts

I wish someone would do a study about "major free agents" and their success rate after moving to another team.

It's probably not very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    I wish someone would do a study about "major free agents" and their success rate after moving to another team.

It's probably not very good.
    Vincent Jackson and Peyton Manning would beg to differ, and that's just last year.
    If at first you don't succeed, you throw the hammer down.
    -A.C.

Cavs fan from S. Carolina selby56's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 440 View Post
    Vincent Jackson and Peyton Manning would beg to differ, and that's just last year.
    Character concerns and injury concerns are why they hit the free agent market.

There are almost always good reasons why players hit free agency. They are either not good enough to justify a big extension (in their teams opinion), have character issues, or have health concerns. It doesn't happen often where an elite player hits free agency without one of those things. For every Peyton Manning or Vincent Jackson, you're going to find multiple guys like are way overpaid Mario Williams, Pierre Garcon, Matt Flynn, and Nnamdi.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,567 Times in 4,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 440 View Post
    That's two.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Its supposed to hurt RealKingofCleve's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 658 Posts

Mike Wallace is just as good if not better than Vincent Jackson, so not sure why he wouldn't be likely to work out.

Thanks

If a good player has a chance to come to Cleveland via free agency, we shouldn't be worried about the past moves other teams have made - the Browns included.

It hasn't worked out in terms of "percentages", eh? Well, I'll take my chances.
    Last edited by CavsRules; 02-12-2013 at 04:02 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CavsRules For This Useful Post: