Thanks
    Thanked 3,158 Times in 1,049 Posts

Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agency: Browns

Colts just released Dwight Freeney

Thanks
    Thanked 3,249 Times in 1,045 Posts

Granted this is just one instance.

Oakland payed out the ass for Carson Palmer, and it got them nowhere. Flacco is pretty comparable to Palmer, and Palmer put up 4k yards this season. I think the Browns have more young talent than the Raiders, but record wise, we are where the Raiders were.
    The Wine and Gold Knight Rises

3. The Following User Says Thank You to col63onel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,841 Times in 2,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by col63onel View Post
    Granted this is just one instance.

Oakland payed out the ass for Carson Palmer, and it got them nowhere. Flacco is pretty comparable to Palmer, and Palmer put up 4k yards this season. I think the Browns have more young talent than the Raiders, but record wise, we are where the Raiders were.
    I disagree with the bolded. Flacco is on an entirely different trajectory as was Palmer at his age. I feel like Flacco has a desire to win that Palmer just doesn't possess. I do feel bad for the freak injuries that have happened to Palmer, but it is what it is. Flacco is riding a much better tide thus far. I'd pay for the guy coming off a Super Bowl MVP season.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Soda For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 663 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    The Ravens season took off when they turned down the passing attempts and gave Rice more action.

The offense flows through a power running game behind a damn good line, and not on Joe Flacco.
    Did the Raven offense flow through Rice and not Flacco in the playoffs?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RappSoda View Post
    I disagree with the bolded. Flacco is on an entirely different trajectory as was Palmer at his age. I feel like Flacco has a desire to win that Palmer just doesn't possess. I do feel bad for the freak injuries that have happened to Palmer, but it is what it is. Flacco is riding a much better tide thus far. I'd pay for the guy coming off a Super Bowl MVP season.
    I have always hated "well this QB is a winner" argument so much. People call football the "ultimate team game", yet the QB gets more credit/blame than any other position in sports. It's mindboggling.

Palmer took over a franchise that was a doormat for over a decade and turned them into an annual playoff contender. Flacco got drafted by a perennial playoff team. Put Palmer on the Ravens and they have a Super Bowl as well. Maybe a few.

Comparing Palmer's 1st 5 years in the NFL with Flacco's shows that Palmer is probably a little better just based on numbers. Flaccos' career high in yards and TDs would have placed 4th on Palmer's list. Add that Flacco's had a better cast, and I think Palmer was definitely better.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to col63onel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 30,580 Times in 9,747 Posts

Disagree entirely that Flacco has had a better cast. CJ was a premier WR, Housh was good and Rudi Johnson and Cedric Bendon were very good too. Not to mention that Carson usually had a very strong line in front of him as well.

Ravens have had the better RB, but WR's were probably about a wash beyond CJ. CJ was definitely the best WR either QB has had. Boldin is second.

With all that said, Carson was a better QB, but I do disagree re: talent. Flacco uses Boldin and Torrey Smith extremely well.
    Last edited by The Oi; 02-17-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

BET SLOTS FULL- 6/28/2014

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko, MalTalm, pr26. Vindicate2, Warren G

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jiglet View Post
    Disagree entirely that Flacco has had a better cast. CJ was a premier WR, Housh was good and Rudi Johnson and Cedric Bendon were very good too. Not to mention that Carson usually had a very strong line in front of him as well.

Ravens have had the better RB, but WR's were probably about a wash beyond CJ. CJ was definitely the best WR either QB has had. Boldin is second.

With all that said, Carson was a better QB, but I do disagree re: talent. Flacco uses Boldin and Torrey Smith extremely well.
    Housh's career took a nosedive after leaving Cincy, and that includes a year with Flacco.

Palmer also never had an OLine that Flacco had nor had a TE as good as Pitta.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,512 Times in 5,380 Posts

Pitta is good?
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    Pitta is good?
    I'd call him solid. And when you compare him to Reggie Kelly, he's very good.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to col63onel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,893 Times in 2,501 Posts

So if the Ravens don't franchise Flacco, how much $$$ would you be willing to give the guy?

Seems like most of the hang up was giving up 2 first round picks to the Ravens.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSurge View Post
    So if the Ravens don't franchise Flacco, how much $$$ would you be willing to give the guy?

Seems like most of the hang up was giving up 2 first round picks to the Ravens.
    Find out how much the Ravens could offer, then add 1 dollar

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to col63onel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,106 Times in 3,896 Posts

ProFootballTalk‏@ProFootballTalk

We're now hearing there's a chance the cap could be a little higher than $121.5 million for 2013.

Retweeted by Adam Caplan

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MoFlo For This Useful Post:

whatever
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phills14 View Post
    People think 1st round picks are gold, and they are very valuable. But lets put some names to the picks and see which combination you'd rather have.

For argument purpose lets say the Browns use their 1st round pick this year on a DE/OLB, let's call that player Barkevious Mingo. Now next year lets assume we are a little better and picking 10-14th instead of 6th. Lets say we land a talent similar to DeMarcus Millner.

Would you rather have
    A. Weeden, Mingo and Millner
    or
    B. Flacco

We obviously augment our offseason with free agency signings in lieu of draft picks, but with Flacco taking up half to a 1/3 of our cap space, I'm not sure how much we would be able to squeeze out. In this scenario, I think Weeden, Mingo and Millner is the better choice. Still, if the Browns play the game and make Baltimore pay $20 million for Flacco that's a win for us.
    I think you'd have to include the players obtained in the cap space (instead of Flacco) along with Weeden, Mingo, and Millner

Thanks
    Thanked 2,082 Times in 1,151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiglet View Post

Did you watch the SB? Boldin caught everything even if it was shit. I'd say he's better then CJ. He's a different type of receiver though.

Quote Originally Posted by col63onel View Post
    Find out how much the Ravens could offer, then add 1 dollar
    And by dollar you mean 100k or 1m?
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,512 Times in 5,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    Did you watch the SB? Boldin caught everything even if it was shit. I'd say he's better then CJ. He's a different type of receiver though.
    Well, what if he didn't watch him in the Super Bowl but watched him....the previous decade?

Seriously though, Chad Johnson was a much better receiver in his day. Just absurdly outproducing Boldin during his time with Palmer.
    Manziel's reps also insist it's a hoax -- and he's never made a penis video on "It's a Small World" or any other Disney ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    a skill that probably fits well in the world of PR where you want to listen tothe opinion of someone who thinks they know more than you