Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 546 Posts

Default Re: Greatest Sports Moment You've Ever Seen Live

Quote Originally Posted by JK11 View Post
    Easily the best moment I've seen live

This layup sparked this memory:

What would the world do without Ricky Davis?

Thanks

The USA women's team vs Canada last year in the olympics was a crazy game. It was back and forth all game. The USA got a controversial penalty kick with 10 minutes left that tied the game. And then at the end of stoppage time; Alex Morgan scored the game winner on a header.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CHEECHREBORN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,677 Times in 2,573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CHEECHREBORN View Post

The USA women's team vs Canada last year in the olympics was a crazy game. It was back and forth all game. The USA got a controversial penalty kick with 10 minutes left that tied the game. And then at the end of stoppage time; Alex Morgan scored the game winner on a header.
    It's just sad if women's soccer was they greatest sports moment you've ever seen live.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huber. For This Useful Post:

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 681 Posts

Witnessed from the student section at Assembly Hall.

/thread
    Last edited by MGMT; 02-06-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hefner_Deezy View Post
    It's just sad if women's soccer was they greatest sports moment you've ever seen live.
    I can't believe there was a second womens soccer post. Not that soccer was my greatest sports moment but I watched this and got pretty fired up. Believe they had to WIN to go onto the next round

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dano_24_26 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 30,705 Times in 9,786 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CHEECHREBORN View Post

Gotta be either kidding or he learned a lot about himself in the gay softball league.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,661 Times in 1,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SRStark20 View Post
    By live, I don't mean you had to be there in person, but you saw it actually happen live on television.

Mine by far:
    I was there, so i win also.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,677 Times in 2,573 Posts

Remember the time Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl, do ya?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huber. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 30,705 Times in 9,786 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hefner_Deezy View Post
    Remember the time Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl, do ya?
    Fuck off.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,286 Times in 1,600 Posts

Best game I've ever been at was the 2009 UC-Pitt game in Pittsburgh. It was the de facto championship game (Big East doesn't have a championship game but this was the last game of the year and UC and Pitt had the best records. Winner of this game got the BCS bid.)

It is 10-31 with a minute and some change before half time. It is looking bleak. UC can't get much of anything going on offense. Then comes this great run by Mardy Gilyard.

I didn't think we were going to win after that run back, but I thought we had a chance.

It's now 4th quarter with 30 seconds left. We need a touchdown to win... and Tony Pike throws this perfect ball to Armon Binns.

Did I mention that at the begining of this season I bet 100 dollars that UC would with the Big East? 35/1 odds. That's right I went into this game knowing I could win 3500 dollars. Fuck me right? I don't think I have ever had such strong emotions during a football game. I'm not sure I ever will again, unless a Cleveland team wins the championship. Truly amazing. My first taste of meaningful victory my entire life.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to caf For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mazer Rackham View Post
    I'll always remember watching this one live.

Ok, I must have just been glued to the TV back in 1992. Because here is the next great sports moment I remember seeing live. Weird that it happened in the same year.

Rim Rockin' Ayatolla of Slamola's Avatar
    Thanks

My favorite moment that I experienced live was the introductions to Game 3 of the 2007 NBA Finals. I got nosebleed seats just hours before the game. The atmosphere during the National Anthem and introductions was so amazingly electrifying.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,510 Times in 1,124 Posts

EXPERIENCED IN PERSON:

Just insane to be with so many people rooting for the US in Boston. Was incredible.

Seeing an Olympic 100M in person was insane. Seeing Usain Bolt win it was more insane. Seeing him win the 100M, 200M and 4x100M in person was even more insane.

Was insane to see Mo Farrah, Jessica Ennis and Greg Rutheford all win gold for Great Britain in the same night in London.

This was even more special because you would've thought Team USA was really Team GB. The old record was held by East Germany - so everyone in UK etc. loves seeing anything from East Germany fall. Plus Carmelita Jeter was a badass.

Gymnastics again. Team USA was INSANE. McKayla Maroney's vault was just unreal.

I saw all of the Team USA basketball games - but something about seeing them dominate like they did against Nigeria was insane. They won 156-73. Melo's streak of threes was amazing and the Russ Westbrook alley-oop was insane.

I live in Texas - so HS football is huge. My old HS (siblings still there) won the State Title this December. Insane to watch it happen in person with your whole town.

Loudest I have ever heard a building. Easily.

HONORABLE: UConn's Big East 2011 Games, UConn vs. Texas in 2010, Penn State over Illinois 2012, Penn State over Wisconsin 2013, Ohio State over Memphis in 2007 Elite Eight, Penn State over LSU in 2010 Capitol One Bowl, Ohio State over Texas in Austin in 2006.

ON TV (MY TEAMS):

Won't repeat these videos - but #1) Ohio State - Miami, #2) Indians-Mariners, #3) Cavaliers-Magic (LeBron's shot), #4) Cavaliers-Pistons (LeBron's final 25), #5) Indians over Red Sox in Game 2 of ALCS

Coolest thing I watched live, though, was easily USA-Nigera (again?) in the 2010 World Cup. Was at a soccer bar in NYC and experienced something similar to this...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 336 Posts

There's obviously many Cavaliers ones, several of which have already been mentioned. But I remember grabbing pizza & beer with my roommates while this game was on and saying "it's over" going into the 4th. Then Brandon Roy simply mesmerized me from there. Pretty awesome vid too...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camakazee View Post
    There's obviously many Cavaliers ones, several of which have already been mentioned. But I remember grabbing pizza & beer with my roommates while this game was on and saying "it's over" going into the 4th. Then Brandon Roy simply mesmerized me from there. Pretty awesome vid too...

I remember watching this too, just couldnt believe it. Damn, Roy was such an amazing player, injuries fucking suck.