26 13.27%
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: #6's Return?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,897 Posts

Default Re: #6's Return?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    Yes if it means winning a championship?

I'd do almost anything for a championship. Sadly, LeBron coming back nowhere NEAR guarantees a championship.

Poll should have read "Yes" or "No". This is jank.
    I agree. Let's start a 3rd thread.
    -Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,749 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiglet View Post
    A healthy LeBron with a healthy Kyrie would guarantee at least one championship.
    Health becomes the great white buffalo when a Cleveland team is favored to win it all.

There will never be a situation when I can "guarantee" a Cleveland championship. I'm 21 years old and fully expect to die before I witness the city winning it all in any sport, quite honestly..

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chrisrich91 For This Useful Post:

All Star
    Thanks

No

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Futuredome For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Doesn't matter to me. I just want to see a championship before I die.
    The NBA will retire Chris Bosh's number, similar to how the MLB retired Jackie Robinsons. Bosh broke down barriers proving that Women can play in the NBA.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tizzle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I will turn 30 in the Summer of 2014 and will likely have seen zero championships between the Indians, Cavs, and Browns. Even my alma matter, Sam Houston State, made it to the last two National Championships in FCS football. They promptly carried on the tradition of Cleveland in both of those games.

My Dad raised me to be a fan of Cleveland sports by naming me after Brett Butler, and teaching me to read/write with Cleveland Indians lineups. It's in my blood, I'm obsessed, and I can't do anything about it.

My only request to God in this life is that one of the three teams wins a title before he's gone. My Dad's only 54, and in great health... but at this rate, I'm starting to get a little worried that we're never going to see a trophy-hoisting together.

The point is... I absolutely hate #6 as much as any person. No one will ever be able to convince me that he didn't quit in Games 4 & 5 vs. Boston. It's a fact that he did. To leave us the way he did, he's the only player I vocally ever wished injury upon.

That being said, I'd sell my soul to the devil to see a title won in Cleveland. Rooting for LeQuit would be just that.

If the Indians win the World Series in 2013, I'll change my vote.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Homestar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes, as a matter of fact after a few years of being mad and insulting him every time I had the chance, I would love to see him back in Cleveland. Your either with him or without him. I'm with him because it would be best for the Cavaliers. Whatever is best for the Cavaliers, I will agree with.

BUT, I am still positive that even without him, within the next few years we will be competing again. But yea, with him on our team with Uncle Drew, that has Championship written all over it.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,660 Times in 1,444 Posts

Better question, it's one thing to accept him if he comes back , but how many fans are going to start herring him and taking 'come back' signs to the Q over the next 18 months. From this board and from the general Cavs fan population

Thanks
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,152 Posts

Only if Delonte gets to come back, just to fuck his mom.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    Health becomes the great white buffalo when a Cleveland team is favored to win it all.

There will never be a situation when I can "guarantee" a Cleveland championship. I'm 21 years old and fully expect to die before I witness the city winning it all in any sport, quite honestly..
    Did you miss the Crunch winning?

Quote Originally Posted by MirORich View Post
    Better question, it's one thing to accept him if he comes back , but how many fans are going to start herring him and taking 'come back' signs to the Q over the next 18 months. From this board and from the general Cavs fan population
    Born Here, Raised Here, Left Here, Don't Belong Here

Lets fund it!
    Last edited by The Voice; 02-05-2013 at 01:21 AM.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Voice For This Useful Post:

Blue Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,809 Times in 748 Posts

Like a great poster once said, "I don't want to suck dick for a championship".

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spencer Hawes For This Useful Post:

Rookie
    Thanks

Why let someone rape you again?

If he announces a Decision 2.0 show, bank it that he won't choose Cleveland, and warm up your shower because you'll feel mighty dirty....again.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bryankdavis For This Useful Post:

Thanks

People need to come to reality and I know in a lot of peoples hearts they know that LeBron leaving was not only needed for him but for us. Maybe its only me but if LeBron does resign i don't see the Cavs ever improving because as sad as it is even with LeBron producing two 60 win seasons he couldnt convince another player to sign.

If LeBron does return the mood will instantly change. I can't think of a better feeling then being able to open the season and not only have playoffs on lock but be favored to win. Daydreaming about winning is a lot more satisfying then daydreaming about draft picks.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drewvr91 For This Useful Post:

Veteran 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,508 Times in 1,976 Posts

Fuck Lebron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JDeezy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiglet View Post
    A healthy LeBron with a healthy Kyrie would guarantee at least one championship.
    And I got lambasted for saying this was a general thought. Now someone has explicitly said it.

I don't like this idea of "anything for a championship". I am going to paraphrase one of my favorite Sports movies, "If you aren't enough without a title, you'll never be enough with one"
    The Wine and Gold Knight Rises

24. The Following User Says Thank You to col63onel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie To The View Post
    God, another Laybrawn thread? It just seems desperate now

I would much rather beat him in route to a championship than have him comeback and win one with him. I really don't like the idea of him coming back.

But after watching that video of the Cavs Intro for the 2007 Finals...wow the memories, feelings I can't even begin to describe.

I just want to get back there, and hopefully win next time. At any cost. If LeBron returning is the only way, so be it. I would also want The Apology, however. Unfortunately the chances of that happening are less than 1%. I just want a fucking Championship in my lifetime god dammit.

But until he apologizes, and wins a Championship in Cleveland, it is and will always be fuck LeBron.

Sadly i wasnt really into sports back then, but all i remember from it was my basketball-nerd friend saying we would get swept...and yep.
    Also the old stadium announcer sounds like hes trying too hard

and to be on topic, yes ill take him back but he needs an apology with equal scale to his decision, its only right

Team Player
    Thanks

People cyrin about a ring at no cost already forget we probably would have 1 if he didnt quit in the celtic series thats stuff you cant just forget. Also i would hate the credit he would get by espn and everyone else kyrie and the front office will get zero credit zero, dont believe me look at the heat

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randymoss1881 For This Useful Post: