38 19.39%
  • No way I want him here again!!

26 13.27%
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: #6's Return?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,948 Times in 1,809 Posts

Default Re: #6's Return?

I live in Canton and I consider all of north east Ohio home.

In order for Lebron to get the fans back with him he would need to speak from the heart and admit he regretted leaving. Especially the route he went. Super team, national tv, Boston series. Admit he didn't think through the repercussions of going out like that and he NEEDS to prove himself to us again and he wants to fulfill his promise of bringing a championship to Cleveland. All will be forgiven.
    My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didnít realize that four years ago. I do now.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,948 Times in 1,809 Posts

Instant Lebron forgiveness would be if he said something about winning a championship for a city that didn't care as much as Cleveland and that was evident to him his return to Cleveland and the loss to baron Davis and co. In the Q. How the passion from the crowd directed at him was something he never wants to experience again and he needs to turn those boos into cheers again... Or some BS.

Jersey sales would sky rocket.
    My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didnít realize that four years ago. I do now.

Thanks

All of this talk of where LeBron considers "home" is really mindless. I don't care. He's said that he cares about the area and its fans, but if he doesn't, what does it matter? Do you think some random schlubs from Alabama or Texas really care about the city and the fans, other than lip service? If so, I've got some beachfront property in Akron to sell you. As long as they win games, I don't care about the silly details. I guess there are a few on here that disagree.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atlbraves For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Wed. March 20th when the Heat come to town, will be very interesting to see the reception #6 gets.
    Of course it can't get as ugly as his first return.

My question is if you go to the game, are you toning it down? And is this what his pr wants?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Edge For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper
    Thanks

When Kyrie Irving wins a championship let alone one playoff game then we can start talking about whose team it is. If Lebron comes here in 2014 it will be 100% his team

Veteran 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,504 Times in 1,974 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizman23 View Post
    When Kyrie Irving wins a championship let alone one playoff game then we can start talking about whose team it is. If Lebron comes here in 2014 it will be 100% his team
    Who are you exactly?

Looking at your posting history, you've been pining for Lebron for years. That's ALL you post about. I don't know if you're anything close to a Cleveland fan or just a Heat troll, but I think it's pretty clear you hero-worship Lebron James.

I was glad when you people all jumped ship in 2010. Please, just stay the hell away from this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JDeezy For This Useful Post:

Veteran 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,504 Times in 1,974 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atlbraves View Post
    All of this talk of where LeBron considers "home" is really mindless. I don't care. He's said that he cares about the area and its fans, but if he doesn't, what does it matter? Do you think some random schlubs from Alabama or Texas really care about the city and the fans, other than lip service? If so, I've got some beachfront property in Akron to sell you. As long as they win games, I don't care about the silly details. I guess there are a few on here that disagree.
    What if that player that disparages your city and fans also throw games while he's on your team? You want to keep that player?

You seem to assume that Lebron james equals a championship. What if he comes and never wins it? Would it be worth selling your soul then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,249 Times in 1,045 Posts

We do have to stop questioning each other's fanhood over this issue.

I obviously do not want him back. Not wanting to sacrifice every we have to to get a guy who already screwed us once does not make me less of a Cavs fan.

On the same note, I wouldn't call someone who wants the most talented player in the league on our team in 2 years any less of a Cavs fan. I'd question other things, but certainly not that you don't want the Cavs to win.
    The Wine and Gold Knight Rises

12. The Following User Says Thank You to col63onel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    Thats what heat FAN thought when miami was called wade county. Lebron will get all the love
    Heat fan? Thats what PRACTICALLY EVERYONE (minus some James fans *clears throat*) said!
    "Enjoy being Wade's side kick"
    "We (Cavs fans) shoulda been looking for a Batman cuz this dude is Robin"
    "He's going to ride Wade's coat tails to a title"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dawkins View Post
    What if that player that disparages your city and fans also throw games while he's on your team? You want to keep that player?

You seem to assume that Lebron james equals a championship. What if he comes and never wins it? Would it be worth selling your soul then?
    So, let's say it is now the 2014 signing period. Five all star level, or better, free agents are available. But, the only one willing to sign with Cleveland is Lebron James. Let us also say that Mr James is still playing at his present level. Do you still stick to this mantra that we shouldn't sign him because of prideful reasons?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Scholar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    Just as long as he knows it's kyrie's team.
    Who cares if it's "Kyrie's team" or "LeBron's team?" Just win.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dawkins View Post
    Would it be worth selling your soul then?
    Dude... it's just a basketball team we root for. Our souls aren't at stake here.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GreasySpread36 For This Useful Post:

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 877 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MattyFos. View Post
    Instant Lebron forgiveness would be if he said something about winning a championship for a city that didn't care as much as Cleveland and that was evident to him his return to Cleveland and the loss to baron Davis and co. In the Q....
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think he'd ever say anything against his time in Miami or its fans. I'm not even sure that he'd say he regrets leaving. I mean, the guy will have won at least one ring there, so who can really regret that?

I think it is the way that he left that matters and for which he needs to make amends. If he'd said "sorry, but DW is one of my best friends in the world, and I have a chance to play basketball with him, etc...", and then not done all the other b.s., I think we'd have been disappointed and hurt but not out for his head. For me personally, it was the way he did it that was so horrible. I don't think fans have a right to expect career-long loyalty from a player, but I do think we have the right to better than what he did.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Human Q-Tip For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AuxiliaryPie View Post

Sadly i wasnt really into sports back then, but all i remember from it was my basketball-nerd friend saying we would get swept...and yep.
    Also the old stadium announcer sounds like hes trying too hard

and to be on topic, yes ill take him back but he needs an apology with equal scale to his decision, its only right
    Hot damn, that team is much worse than I remember. I must have had my homer glasses on at the time because I actually argued that we had a good team back then. You put LeBron on our lineup today and we have a much better team. Unreal.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kosis View Post
    Hot damn, that team is much worse than I remember. I must have had my homer glasses on at the time because I actually argued that we had a good team back then. You put LeBron on our lineup today and we have a much better team. Unreal.
    That roster was pretty terrible...but in 2 seasons it improved considerably. Get rid of all the dead weight... Mo Williams, Ben Wallace, Delonte, etc. all fit in nicely.