Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    ROFL.

So we are to stand back and not judge this guy as a fuckbag because it's POSSIBLE the people he killed have done bad things. Is this serious? So what about the couple he killed? It's possible they've done a couple bad things in their lives ... we can't judge Dorner for shooting them dead!

You're dumb. Like, really dumb.
    Out of curiosity how do you know all the people he has killed are honest hardworking people? How do you know they haven't done something or are into something very dark that is being covered up? Is it because cnn or fox say so?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,725 Times in 1,168 Posts

Default Re: LA cop killing spree

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons
    The Lakers need to hire Cindy Bachman to handle all media questions.

If an older woman who goes after younger men is a "cougar," is an older man who goes after younger boys a "nittany lion?"

Thanks

My 2 cents...

Dorner obviously isn't a hero, the guy decided to kill the family members of the people in his manifesto, which is impossible to defend.

But I think we have to put this story in a timeline context, because early on in the story it was established that Dorner was a criminal...

However since the story broke last week, every significant storyline has been about LAPD
    -Other black officers speaking out
    -Putting numerous rounds into a truck of an innocent 71 year old woman, putting her and one other in the hospital
    -Attempting a media blackout tonight during the cabin standoff

It is easy to see why the LAPD is fucked up and it's also easy to see why people generally don't sympathize with the police.

All & all, I think it seems like people are making Dorner the hero because there isn't one in this story and people can't wrap their heads around it.

And with all the action it is easily entertaining on top of all that...the perfect storm

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kriegz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,457 Times in 2,751 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OhioSlayer View Post
    How about they say he is dead but his body is badly burnt and had to do a dental or dna test to prove its Chris Dormer. Done deal.

Next week this shit starts up again with Chris still being alive. The cops lied to the public. Now what?
    Fire = no evidence. I find this entire end-game extremely bizarre. Something doesn't seem right.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Damage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank God there is someone else rational in here. Between Slayer and the Voice I was about to go fucking nuts. These are scary people. Really scary people.

Cannot believe this piece of shit killed another person today. I hope the other one he shot is okay. Wait...those guys may be corrupt!! I don't want to be blinded by their badges. I will withhold judgement on whether or not their murder/attempted murder was justified until I have the facts!
    Well atleast your waiting for the facts this time.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,658 Times in 1,218 Posts

Apparently the Cabin was searched a few days ago. However, this sounds fishy because if Dorner somehow knew this, he knew that the cabin would be untouched after that, so maybe he set traps after they searched it and gave it the all clear?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,725 Times in 1,168 Posts

KETK_NealBarton
    ‏@KETK_NealBarton
    We have confirmation from the Los Angeles Police Department the ex-cop from LA was shot and killed by a local sheriff's department sniper.

If an older woman who goes after younger men is a "cougar," is an older man who goes after younger boys a "nittany lion?"

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KCOTT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,081 Times in 3,435 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OhioSlayer View Post
    Out of curiosity how do you know all the people he has killed are honest hardworking people? How do you know they haven't done something or are into something very dark that is being covered up? Is it because cnn or fox say so?
    I hope you are trolling and these posts are not intended to be serious.

Do you take this stance on every person who gets murdered? You don't blame the killer, because like ... those people may have been bad?
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,397 Times in 2,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kriegz View Post
    My 2 cents...

Dorner obviously isn't a hero, the guy decided to kill the family members of the people in his manifesto, which is impossible to defend.

But I think we have to put this story in a timeline context, because early on in the story it was established that Dorner was a criminal...

However since the story broke last week, every significant storyline has been about LAPD
    -Other black officers speaking out
    -Putting numerous rounds into a truck of an innocent 71 year old woman, putting her and one other in the hospital
    -Attempting a media blackout tonight during the cabin standoff

It is easy to see why the LAPD is fucked up and it's also easy to see why people generally don't sympathize with the police.

All & all, I think it seems like people are making Dorner the hero because there isn't one in this story and people can't wrap their heads around it.

And with all the action it is easily entertaining on top of all that...the perfect storm
    100% true. Very well said

Thanks
    Thanked 2,082 Times in 1,151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that the daughter of a corrupt cop is innocent and not a domestic terrorist.
    According to him she lied in court, which in turn makes her not innocent and corrupt.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Thanks

This whole story is fishy. Does he know something that people aren't supposed to know about? Not one of us know what really is behind all of this shit. The fucking media change their story every commercial.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,457 Times in 2,751 Posts

Low humidity, lots of pine and kindling. And the fire was contained brilliantly.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,081 Times in 3,435 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    According to him she lied in court, which in turn makes her not innocent and corrupt.
    Did you read this manifesto?

Does that sound like a sound, rational person to you? If so, you deserve to be duped.
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

Thanks
    Thanked 2,082 Times in 1,151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    That's fucking moronic. He killed a girl and her finace that weren't cops, neither were her parents. He killed a gaming deputy today. All these people showing sympathy for this insane murderer is just pathetic.
    How do you know he actually killed them? Because the cops said so? If the cops are in fact corrupt, how do I know that he was the one that did actually do it. Forgive me for not believing the LAPD who he claims is corrupt and are shooting at innocent people just because they think it's him. Why are these officers not being FIRED? That shit is fucked up and there's something more to this story that isn't coming out.

He did kill cops family members and for that he should be punished. The death penalty? I'm not sure.

Innocent until proven guilty. The man deserves a trial.

Did you read this manifesto?

Does that sound like a sound, rational person to you? If so, you deserve to be duped.
    No, it doesn't sound like a rational person. However, he might actually be telling the truth about corruption.

Do I think what he is allegedly doing is right? No, but I do think he deserves a trial.
    Last edited by The Voice; 02-12-2013 at 08:17 PM.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to The Voice For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I hope you are trolling and these posts are not intended to be serious.

Do you take this stance on every person who gets murdered? You don't blame the killer, because like ... those people may have been bad?
    I do not take that stand with them all. This may be one of the first times. The shit doesn't add up. Its more than just your average psychopath going on a killing spree. Its more than just a cop killer. And to be honest with you if they were actually dirty cops then fuck them.