Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default Re: Victor Oladipo Crush-a-lot

Quote Originally Posted by Wine and Gold View Post
    He's got the "it" factor. Looking at him I see some David Thompson as he grew at NC State back in the 70's. He's special ..Would love to have him however we can get him.
    I watched him last night and thought the same thing. Great minds huh.

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,459 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    Maybe I haven't seen Oladipo enough but I am shocked to hear he's in consideration for a top-5 pick.. I don't think he's worthy of such... I'll have to go back and watch more but I'm just really surprised..

Oh and why do I feel like Oladipo is at the top of the Chris Grant "shock-the-world" draft pick board?
    He's the SG counterpart to TT. Not that their games are similar, but that they're the same type of guys. Very good athlete (probably a better athlete at SG than TT is as a PF), very hard worker, good defender, good attitude, sees lots of room for improvement and a work ethic/attitude that makes it more likely he'll reach that potential. I'm pretty comfortable with however they evaluate him, because CG, etc., are a lot better at that kind of evaluation than I am.

Thanks

I love how everyone thinks that we are drafting top 3? We'll be damn lucky to be drafting top 5. Don't look now, but we are two wins away from being the 7th worst team in the league. If we hold on to pieces and don't make any trades, this team could be the 8-9th worst team. If we don't win in the lottery, we could be picking outside of the top five.

That being said, championships are not won with offense. The best teams in this league play the best defense. Having a player that can put an opponent's best player on an island is a skill that is worth its weight in offensive shortcomings. He's also a guy that doesn't demand the ball and knows how to play off the ball. He is a PERFECT fit for this team defensively. We need to get better defensively if we want to compete in the future, and you can build that with the "Depot." (bad pun intended).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Milio25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,651 Times in 1,329 Posts

So not bettet than Waiters

Thanks
    Thanked 2,897 Times in 948 Posts

That's not necessarily the point. If we end up drafting 5-7 an he's there, he might be the pick for the way he, Kyrie and Waiters can co-exist.

Kyrie is your point guard but needs minutes off and can play off the ball

Dion is can play all the backup minutes at PG and the bulk of his minutes at SG

Oladipo could play SG the 8-12 minutes per game the Dion is spelling Kyrie, the 12-16 minutes Dion is on the bench + because of his wingspan, athleticism, and tenacity, can play minutes at SF against smaller and less athletic SF's.

Not saying he'd be my first pick, but if we end up in the 5-7 range, he could absolutely work on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Positive View Post
    So not bettet than Waiters

Thanks

What will be interesting is how we play him next year. If the cavs draft 7 oladipo will probably be there. Cavs could run small with Irving, Waiters, ellington, Oladipo, varejao. 3 40% three point shooters, multiple penetrators, and varejao doing the board work. Thompson could end up coming off the bench if the cavs want to spread the floor out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oasis05 View Post
    What will be interesting is how we play him next year. If the cavs draft 7 oladipo will probably be there. Cavs could run small with Irving, Waiters, ellington, Oladipo, varejao. 3 40% three point shooters, multiple penetrators, and varejao doing the board work. Thompson could end up coming off the bench if the cavs want to spread the floor out.

There is no way Oladipo would ever start at the 4, let alone Ellington play starter's minutes at the 3, let alone Thompson not start period. Oladipo is a 2 in the NBA, he can probably play sparingly at the 3 because of his defensive ability. Ellington is a 2 who can also slide over for a few minutes depending on the matchup. Tristan is a core piece moving forward.

Thanks

Oladipo can do a lot of the things Thompson can do defensively, and is a superior athlete. If his 3 point shooting translates to the nba , and varejao comes back healthy the cavs will put the best attack on the floor. Not saying Irving-waiters-oladipo-Thompson-varejao won't work- it will, but if maximizing Irving is the goal, and the cavs need to pull a big out of the paint. Thompson is the odd man out.

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,459 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oasis05 View Post
    Honestly, that's a gimmick lineup that might work in some situations, but not as a regular thing. Plus, you're losing one of the prime reasons for going after Oladipo -- his ability to improve our defense in the backcourt, and putting him in a position where he'll be overmatched defensively.

Thanks

True. It will be worse defensively. But it breaks up the floor space strangling.

Banned
    Thanks

People are still talking about this bum? Kids a layup machine who cant shoot, im not impressed with his 3 point % in under 50 attempts, last year he shot 48 attempts to 45 so far this year, and his 3 point % last year was 20, so he cant shoot like people are attempting to point out in this thread, his FT % is pretty average for a guard, and he's not a scorer, Waiters was better at scoring and played alot less in college.

Pass on this kid and dont think twice about it, no legit NBA future

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 594 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swisher33 View Post
    People are still talking about this bum? Kids a layup machine who cant shoot, im not impressed with his 3 point % in under 50 attempts, last year he shot 48 attempts to 45 so far this year, and his 3 point % last year was 20, so he cant shoot like people are attempting to point out in this thread, his FT % is pretty average for a guard, and he's not a scorer, Waiters was better at scoring and played alot less in college.

Pass on this kid and dont think twice about it, no legit NBA future
    Trolololololol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MGMT For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    Trolololololol
    Oh my bad for not being enamored with a 20% 3 Point shooter LOL! get real

Thanks
    Thanked 4,534 Times in 1,202 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swisher33 View Post
    Oh my bad for not being enamored with a 20% 3 Point shooter LOL! get real
    Considering he's shooting 51% from 3 this year, I'm agreeing with MGMT.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BimboColesHair View Post
    Considering he's shooting 51% from 3 this year, I'm agreeing with MGMT.
    What did he shoot last year on more attempts?