Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 231
  1. #211
    Hustling on the inside wuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richfield Coliseum
    Posts
    15,061
    Thanks
    11,335
    Thanked 24,629 Times in 5,434 Posts

    Default Re: Game 53| Spurs @ Cavaliers| Wednesday, February 13th| 7:00 pm EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Scholar View Post
    I am always looking for the young players to have good games, to show improvement.
    25 games into this season, this was harder to identify, but at this point, the games are really fun to watch for this reason. They don't always take a step forward, but sometimes you can see pretty amazing glimpses of the future.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:


  3. #212
    All Star JSS2306's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks
    2,969
    Thanked 2,807 Times in 1,173 Posts

    Default Re: Game 53| Spurs @ Cavaliers| Wednesday, February 13th| 7:00 pm EST

    Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    25 games into this season, this was harder to identify, but at this point, the games are really fun to watch for this reason. They don't always take a step forward, but sometimes you can see pretty amazing glimpses of the future.
    Tonight was the game I needed to see from Zeller to cement my early opinions of him. Even though he catches a lot of shit around here (especially for a rookie) I can see the potential. He's going to come around.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JSS2306 For This Useful Post:


  5. #213
    Team Player Lyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    529
    Thanks
    117
    Thanked 274 Times in 108 Posts

    Default Re: Game 53| Spurs @ Cavaliers| Wednesday, February 13th| 7:00 pm EST

    A comment I just saw on FB. "I enjoyed the game tonight with my son and his grandfather. My son was fortunate enough to be randomly selected to be 1 of 5 kids that are honorary ball kids and get a game ball from each of the starters. However, Kyrie decided to not present a ball to a kid although he was standing right there. He sent out Boobie Gibson instead in his place. My son received a ball from Boobie but he's no dummy as he is a huge basketball fan. It was an awesome opportunity for my son and not a slight on the Cavs, but Kyrie needs to be a little more involved with the fans. Particularly the kids. We go down to the games early and have a friend that works there so the players all sign for my son. Kyrie of course warms up at a different time and walks around the court and into the locker room to avoid the throng of kids that idolize him. Great player on the court. Less than great from a public relations standpoint."

    Eeek. I mean I know Kyrie has a lot going on, but that's not a great sign.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyst For This Useful Post:


  7. #214
    Rising Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,179
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 1,855 Times in 514 Posts

    Default Re: Game 53| Spurs @ Cavaliers| Wednesday, February 13th| 7:00 pm EST

    Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
    Waiters, clearly hurting, said it's second time he gave up a big 3 at end, with Ray Allen in Miami being the other. "It feels terrible."

    Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
    Dion Waiters, who could've hit game-winner, said he gave up final 3 to Kawhi Leonard by collapsing on Tony Parker."I blame myself."

    Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
    Byron Scott said there was no alternate plan for Cavs w/2.9 seconds left. "It was just get the ball to Kyrie ... see if he can make a play."

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kidduck For This Useful Post:


  9. #215
    Rising Star Lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,507
    Thanks
    4,586
    Thanked 1,490 Times in 476 Posts

    Default Re: Game 53| Spurs @ Cavaliers| Wednesday, February 13th| 7:00 pm EST

    Sorry if this was posted earlier but man the Spurs are a team of professionals and solid veterans. When Dion went for a layup then hurt his leg/ankle (2nd/3rd QTR I think), aside from Kyrie, TT, and Gee; Duncan, Parker and Green were right there with him checking up on him too. When Dion got up Timmy even gave him an encouraging tap. They play and act the right way, such a well-run organization.
    Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king. - Tywin Lannister

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lionheart For This Useful Post:


  11. #216
    Rising Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,179
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 1,855 Times in 514 Posts

    Default Re: Game 53| Spurs @ Cavaliers| Wednesday, February 13th| 7:00 pm EST

    The refs sure like the Spurs.

  12. #217
    Veteran shoes22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,759
    Thanks
    4,669
    Thanked 4,718 Times in 1,868 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyst View Post
    A comment I just saw on FB. "I enjoyed the game tonight with my son and his grandfather. My son was fortunate enough to be randomly selected to be 1 of 5 kids that are honorary ball kids and get a game ball from each of the starters. However, Kyrie decided to not present a ball to a kid although he was standing right there. He sent out Boobie Gibson instead in his place. My son received a ball from Boobie but he's no dummy as he is a huge basketball fan. It was an awesome opportunity for my son and not a slight on the Cavs, but Kyrie needs to be a little more involved with the fans. Particularly the kids. We go down to the games early and have a friend that works there so the players all sign for my son. Kyrie of course warms up at a different time and walks around the court and into the locker room to avoid the throng of kids that idolize him. Great player on the court. Less than great from a public relations standpoint."

    Eeek. I mean I know Kyrie has a lot going on, but that's not a great sign.
    Ouch...hopefully as Kyrie matures and gets older this'll be less of an issue.

  13. #218
    Veteran shoes22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,759
    Thanks
    4,669
    Thanked 4,718 Times in 1,868 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidduck View Post
    Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
    Byron Scott said there was no alternate plan for Cavs w/2.9 seconds left. "It was just get the ball to Kyrie ... see if he can make a play."
    Not a particularly bright plan from Scott, considering the circumstances.

    And even if Kyrie was 100% healthy (which he wasn't) and he wasn't having an off night (which he was), don't you think it's become obvious to opposing teams by this point that we're going to have Kyrie take the last shot no matter what? If I was an opposing coach I'd double or maybe even triple Kyrie, because you know he's going to try to do it all himself.

  14. #219
    High five! Homer Safari's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, oh
    Posts
    8,449
    Thanks
    2,335
    Thanked 5,340 Times in 2,351 Posts

    Default Re: Game 53| Spurs @ Cavaliers| Wednesday, February 13th| 7:00 pm EST

    Quote Originally Posted by shoes22 View Post
    Not a particularly bright plan from Scott, considering the circumstances.

    And even if Kyrie was 100% healthy (which he wasn't) and he wasn't having an off night (which he was), don't you think it's become obvious to opposing teams by this point that we're going to have Kyrie take the last shot no matter what? If I was an opposing coach I'd double or maybe even triple Kyrie, because you know he's going to try to do it all himself.

    and he still had the shot and still maanaged to get to the free throw line.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Homer Safari For This Useful Post:


  16. #220
    Columbus Goat 3 Da Hard Way's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,608
    Thanks
    1,327
    Thanked 4,503 Times in 971 Posts

    Default Re: Game 53| Spurs @ Cavaliers| Wednesday, February 13th| 7:00 pm EST



    To get sucked in the paint with Parker driving is acceptable. The half second where his body was completely relaxed , Arms down by his sides was the wtf moment for me.

    Outside of that.... Great game from him

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3 Da Hard Way For This Useful Post:


  18. #221
    The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    2,524
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 554 Posts

    Default Re: Game 53| Spurs @ Cavaliers| Wednesday, February 13th| 7:00 pm EST

    Wonder what Speigt's tweet was referring to?
    Wiggins Watch 2014

  19. #222
    Logjammin' narbar32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    1,191
    Thanks
    2,931
    Thanked 2,975 Times in 637 Posts

    Default Re: Game 53| Spurs @ Cavaliers| Wednesday, February 13th| 7:00 pm EST

    Quote Originally Posted by shoes22 View Post
    Not a particularly bright plan from Scott, considering the circumstances.

    And even if Kyrie was 100% healthy (which he wasn't) and he wasn't having an off night (which he was), don't you think it's become obvious to opposing teams by this point that we're going to have Kyrie take the last shot no matter what? If I was an opposing coach I'd double or maybe even triple Kyrie, because you know he's going to try to do it all himself.
    Yeah I don't think Pops needed to double him because he could simply count on the refs, in reverence to his greatness, allowing Parker to get away with hand checking Kyrie with both hands from the time Kyrie started working to come get the in-bounds pass until the shot.

  20. #223
    Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Philly
    Posts
    2,530
    Thanks
    4,730
    Thanked 2,905 Times in 969 Posts

    Default Re: Game 53| Spurs @ Cavaliers| Wednesday, February 13th| 7:00 pm EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Silky Smooth View Post
    Kyrie brought up a good point in his interview after the game. This is his first full 1st half of a season going into the all star break he has been apart of. He was not aware of how physically draining it would be going into the all star break. Good learning experience.
    Aka Kyrie needs to get some new weed, cuz whatever he's smokin lately, it's putting him to sleep on the court.

    This was Dion Waiters coming out party and Kyrie fuckin blew it. I don't care, Kyrie is too good, but you gotta give it up to your running mate in this situation. Dion was on fire, he deserved the shot.

    To say that Kyrie laid an egg in the 4th would be an understatement. It was selfish, but I believe Leonard might have been guarding Waiters, still nonetheless I think Kyrie should have played decoy on the play and Dion should have been the guy with the ball in his hands.

    If Dion can do this consistently, then we might have got the top player in the draft. He's built like a tank, and nobody could seem to stop him when he decided it's time to go to the rack.

  21. #224
    Potential Legendary UncleDrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The 906
    Posts
    1,415
    Thanks
    2,374
    Thanked 745 Times in 301 Posts

    Default Re: Game 53| Spurs @ Cavaliers| Wednesday, February 13th| 7:00 pm EST

    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot5415 View Post
    Wonder what Speigt's tweet was referring to?
    CJ Miles.

  22. #225
    Hall of Famer Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    13,557
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 10,970 Times in 4,245 Posts

    Default Re: Game 53| Spurs @ Cavaliers| Wednesday, February 13th| 7:00 pm EST

    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Da Hard Way View Post


    To get sucked in the paint with Parker driving is acceptable. The half second where his body was completely relaxed , Arms down by his sides was the wtf moment for me.

    Outside of that.... Great game from him
    But if you're going to get sucked into the paint, go all the way and double Parker hard. Don't go a little over half way and then decide, you know what, I'll just stand over here. Oh well, life goes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MacPhisto View Post
    I still hold that Kevin Love is a cancer. This team will win 50 without him, it will win 45 with him.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •