Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Practice Squad
    Thanks

Default Re: Game 58 | Raptors @ Cavaliers | Wednesday, February 27th| 7:00 pm EST

Holy crap, 1718 posts and 115 pages for a Cavs Raps regular season game on a Wednesday night???? I wonder how many posts The LeBron Safari (or any of the other ones) would get there.

Thanks

Default Re: Game 58 | Raptors @ Cavaliers | Wednesday, February 27th| 7:00 pm EST

Does c.j. Miles purposely attempt to finish games without an assist?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruggeder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,415 Times in 2,477 Posts

So do we win these last two games if Kyrie plays?

Thanks
    Thanked 21,521 Times in 4,821 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crg13729 View Post
    Holy crap, 1718 posts and 115 pages for a Cavs Raps regular season game on a Wednesday night???? I wonder how many posts The LeBron Safari (or any of the other ones) would get there.
    Raptors fans are super-dedicated on certain forums. Plus, going into tonight, they thought they could pull within 4 games of a playoff spot (with a Raptors win and a Bucks loss). That's not what they got.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,974 Times in 1,432 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    Raptors fans are super-dedicated on certain forums. Plus, going into tonight, they thought they could pull within 4 games of a playoff spot (with a Raptors win and a Bucks loss). That's not what they got.
    We have to remember that they're the only NBA team for Canada. They have an entire country to support them. Also, many other countries support them heavily because 1. They have a diverse set of players, and 2. They're not the USA (petty, I know). When Kyrie sunk that game-winning 3 pointer, I remember posting how many posts they had within the first minute. It was like 60 or some stupid shit like that.
    "For the Tank God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Tank Son, Antawn Jamison, and whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting high draft picks." - Tank 3:16

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Löttery Göd For This Useful Post:

Rising Star
    Thanks

Last year or even earlier this year once the first 5 minutes of the first quarter happened this game would be over. Basically their bench sucks and as soon as they went to it vs our bench momentum shifted and they never got it back. JV was doing some damage early on but in the end only played 24 minutes and kind of a non-factor after beating up TT a bit in the first quarter, still, looks like a solid player. These games without Irving will be good for Dion, gotta love that he hits that 20 footer pretty well but more importantly that hes attacking the basket. Luke was fricking dominant, +20 to lead the team, makes you forgive him for the airball. One thing you wonder is if the entire bench is in the plans for next year. Mo and Ellington should get better, Livingston has been a steal, and Luke has essentially no athleticism at this point so won't actually lose anything in his game with age, problem is you gotta sign all these guys to contracts.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,532 Times in 3,178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dungong View Post
    Last year or even earlier this year once the first 5 minutes of the first quarter happened this game would be over. Basically their bench sucks and as soon as they went to it vs our bench momentum shifted and they never got it back. JV was doing some damage early on but in the end only played 24 minutes and kind of a non-factor after beating up TT a bit in the first quarter, still, looks like a solid player. These games without Irving will be good for Dion, gotta love that he hits that 20 footer pretty well but more importantly that hes attacking the basket. Luke was fricking dominant, +20 to lead the team, makes you forgive him for the airball. One thing you wonder is if the entire bench is in the plans for next year. Mo and Ellington should get better, Livingston has been a steal, and Luke has essentially no athleticism at this point so won't actually lose anything in his game with age, problem is you gotta sign all these guys to contracts.
    I mean, does anyone honestly believe Luke Walton is going to command a massive contract? At this point in his career he could probably be had for the veteran minimum, or perhaps slightly more. Or we could just give him a one-year deal for a couple million just to keep him around the young guys.

I don't see Livingston commanding a huge payday either. We're talking about a journeyman who was just cut from Washington, one of the worst teams in the league. A few months of solid play in Cleveland isn't going to make him suddenly a major free agent target.

Ellington and Speights are the guys on our team I see who have a market. Ellington is a knock-down three shooter who can play solid defense. Those guys are always in demand. Luckily, he's a restricted free agent and we're entering a new CBA where the market value for his skill set will probably be considerably lower than it might have been two years ago. If we could lock him up to a Gee-like deal, I'd absolutely do it. Three million a year is a great value for a younger, healthier, taller Daniel Gibson with a hotter girlfriend.

As for Speights, well, I don't really care all that much if we keep him or not. I like him well enough, but I see him as replaceable, and if we snag a center in this draft the only way I see Speights back is if he picks up his player option. If we draft a forward, I'd be fine with bringing him back on a reasonable deal, but breaking the bank for a guy who has proven his ceiling is "bench big" is a terrible idea.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 377 Posts

not sure if posted already, but it's worth a re-post

Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,689 Times in 2,067 Posts

I wonder if Kobes on the phone with kupchack telling him " i told ya let luke heal but nooo"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoGottiFor3 View Post
    not sure if posted already, but it's worth a re-post

Last edited by Cursed; 02-28-2013 at 08:19 AM.
    Roll Pack