Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default An E-mail from Dan Gilbert

Hi everyone,

I've been viewing the forum for some time now, but I have never actually posted until now.

Like many others I shot an e-mail to Dan Gilbert a couple nights ago expressing my frustration with the team. In particular, I comented on the lack of passion the Cavs have been playing with. Gilbert (or perhaps more realistically, his assistant?) responded to all the Cavs fans who have been e-mailing him:

Cavs Fans,

I am sending you this note because you sent me an email during the past week or so letting me know your frustration with the play of our Cavaliers over the past two weeks.

We appreciate your passion, your concern as well as your ideas.

Let’s not panic.

And let’s keep this all in perspective. We are one game out from the best record in the East (granted the East is not stellar overall at this point). In the NBA, it is how you “finish” and how well you perform in the playoffs that counts.

The championship is not given to the team(s) that are playing the best at one specific time period in the middle of the year. If you want more perspective, take a look at Miami’s record one year ago at this time or Detroit’s record at this point in their 2004 championship season.

We absolutely have our challenges and you can believe me that they are all being addressed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

You can be assured that we see everything that you do. You can be assured that we are and will address every single challenge we have as a team and an organization.

You can also be assured that struggles and defeats do not get us down but only motivate us even more. We will keep going until we bring championships to Cleveland, Ohio. The “noise” does not deter us. The “shot”, the “drive”, the “woe is me” attitude that some Cleveland fans bathe in will also not deter us.

Nothing will deter us.

NOTHING.

Cleveland fans are the most loyal and passionate fans in the world. Nobody deserves our respect more than you. We are on your side and we are driven from every molecule in our bodies to deliver you the championship basketball you deserve.

Nobody is more focused on bringing Cleveland a championship than Danny Ferry, Mike Brown, their staffs and this ownership team.

This year is barely half over, be patient and please make a judgment on this season when it is OVER not half way through.

Thank you for your incredible and undying support of the Cavs……We do not plan to disappoint.

“The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.”

Dan G.

Just posting this to see what you think.

Thanks

Default Re: An E-mail from Dan Gilbert

welcome to the boards buddy

as for the note...well its nice...I am sure his inbox was full of ad emails from pissed fans after this terrible stretch

hopefully we turn it around
    I'm back bitches

Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,312 Posts

Cavs Fans,

I am sending you this note because you sent me an email during the past week or so letting me know your frustration with the play of our Cavaliers over the past two weeks.

We appreciate your passion, your concern as well as your ideas.

Let’s not panic.

And let’s keep this all in perspective. We are one game out from the best record in the East (granted the East is not stellar overall at this point). In the NBA, it is how you “finish” and how well you perform in the playoffs that counts.
    Welcome to the board..

Unfortunately, I think you actually got an email back from LJ4MVP as opposed to Mr. Gilbert...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,911 Times in 2,164 Posts

The “woe is me” attitude that some Cleveland fans bathe in will also not deter us.
    Was he talking about LePip?

btw: We're winning tomorrow.
    "Mike Brown's defense works" - Kyrie Irving

Team Player
    Thanks

If that actually was an email from Dan Gilbert, I can only say that he is the hokiest owner in the league. I think Pip got it right. Kavdawg is actually LJ4MVP.

A View Inside the Game Wine and Gold's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,242 Times in 726 Posts

How come I never got this email ? LOL.

Thanks

Kavdawg welcome to RCF!

And thanks for sharing that with us.
    At least you got a response.

Thanks

Now would be a good time to experiment for the future (Gibson at PG and AV starting) but not to panic.

Welcome to the boards man I love the pic of LBJ.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4MVP
    Was he talking about LePip?

Hahahaha you're funny. Hillarious. 16-game winning streak against a team that doesn't give a damn. And the latter wins. Brilliant.

Homer. What happened to your "countdown to 60 wins?"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,911 Times in 2,164 Posts

Just about everyone here expected around 60 wins, otherwise they wouldn't be upset with our record now.

And we are winning tomorrow.
    "Mike Brown's defense works" - Kyrie Irving

Thanks

A) Welcome Kavdawg, with your combination of the Cavs & the Browns in your name. This shows you are a true Cleveland fan. Some might say I am being disingenuous. Those people are wrong.

B) I highly doubt we win tomorrow against the Suns. I hope I am proved wrong, as happens on a daily basis, as pointed out by my fine girly girl.

C) Sa-weet pic of Lebron.

D) From a business perspective, Gilbert needs a winner. I believe what he says, because he is a crazy mo-fo, and has no sense of reality. But he seems to let those who at least have the experience run the show, and I do believe we'll have some upgrade - not a long term answer - by the deadline. I remain on Bibby watch, which everyone here knows.

E) Bibby will not return my emails.

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Just about everyone here expected around 60 wins, otherwise they wouldn't be upset with our record now.

And we are winning tomorrow.
    I didn't expect 60 wins unless we came out of the shoot fast; but I didn't presume a new offensive system would instantly take hold and improve on the basic sets we ran last year. Regardless of what a team did the previous year, every season is different. The consistent winning that teams like Spurs and Mavs have enjoyed is the exception, not the rule.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,573 Times in 1,626 Posts

and by tomorrow he meant sometime before the all-star break.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,312 Posts

His predictions are stuff e-legends are made of... Their about as accurate as Newble's 3's....

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LePIP
    His predictions are stuff e-legends are made of... Their about as accurate as Newble's 3's....
    Or your boy Stryker's 3