• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs vs. Pacers - 2018 NBA Playoffs 1st Round

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What will the final result be?

• Cavs in 4

Votes: 48 26.8%
  • Cavs in 5

Votes: 80 44.7%
  • Cavs in 6

Votes: 34 19.0%
  • Cavs in 7

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Pacerd in

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Pacers in 6

• Pacers in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pacers in 4

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shoes22

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It’s official!

EASTERN CONFERENCE - FIRST ROUND

(4) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (5) Indiana Pacers

Game 1 -- Sun April 15, Indiana at Cleveland, 3:30 p.m., ABC

Game 2 -- Wed. April 18, Indiana at Cleveland, 7 p.m., TNT

Game 3 -- Fri. April 20, Cleveland at Indiana, 7 p.m., ESPN

Game 4 -- Sun. April 22, Cleveland at Indiana, 8:30 p.m., TNT

Game 5 -- Wed. April 25, Indiana at Cleveland, 7 p.m., TNT

Game 6 -- Fri. April 27, Cleveland at Indiana, 8 p.m., ESPN

Game 7 -- Sun. April 29, Indiana at Cleveland, 1 p.m., ABC

* = if necessary

Remember, all games except Game 1 and Game 7 will also be simulcast on Fox Sports Ohio!

Last edited:
I've got Cavaliers in 5, but it wouldn't surprise me to see us completely flip a switch and decimate them. You've really only got to worry about Oladipo on the perimeter, even though Collison, Joseph, and Stephenson obviously aren't bad players.

Turner, Sabonis, and Jefferson are good bodies down low, and Thad Young historically is a problem for us.

We'll win the first two. Drop game three in a hostile Indy environment while the young guys have playoff growing pains, then we'll snag games four and five.

If all goes well, this should be a relatively painless series for us.

Fuck Oladipo and POTFH.

Indiana is cool though. I wish this would be an ECF matchup because that means I would be in the greater Indianapolis area for another event I enjoy quite a bit.

Pacers fans are awful. Very nasty people. Hope we sweep em.

some guy on twitter, works for wtam1000 says Q workers are preparing for a saturday game

My gut says Cavs in 6, but I have no idea what to expect since all four of their regular season games took place before the deadline.

I hope Kev has his big boy pants on since he's guarding Myles Turner. They're also probably going to start with Green on Oladipo, and that's probably the worst possible wing for him to guard of any EC team. Oladipo uses pure speed to beat guys, and guarding those types of players isn't Jeff's strong suit.

The only thing I'm confident of is this is going to be a high scoring series. And if LeBron guards Bogdanovic, God help us because, for some reason, he doesn't seem to think that guy can shoot.

you realize a Lebron team hasn't lost a single first round playoff GAME since 2012? Remarkable streak.

My gut says Cavs in 6, but I have no idea what to expect since all four of their regular season games took place before the deadline.

I hope Kev has his big boy pants on since he's guarding Myles Turner. They're also probably going to start with Green on Oladipo, and that's probably the worst possible wing for him to guard of any EC team. Oladipo uses pure speed to beat guys, and guarding those types of players isn't Jeff's strong suit.

The only thing I'm confident of is this is going to be a high scoring series. And if LeBron guards Bogdanovic, God help us because, for some reason, he doesn't seem to think that guy can shoot.

YO.

That thing pisses me off.

I get it that LeBron is our rim-protector. So, we have him play defense-safety. But if thats the case why the fuck do we have him guard opposition's best 3-point shooter ffs?

you realize a Lebron team hasn't lost a single first round playoff GAME since 2012? Remarkable streak.

I don't expect it to change as well.

They will blitz Oladipo hard and have others beat us.

Collison isn't a scorer. And Bogdanovic is very unreliable as well.

We need to slow the game down though. They are a far more athletic team than us. Playing a high tempo game would play into their hands. LeBron aside, they are more athletic than us in every other position!

Pacers fans are awful. Very nasty people. Hope we sweep em.

It's weird when you remove the pacers away from the equation? Nice people. I talk racing with them all the day.

But god the Oladipo shit.

And I know why it is. It's because he played at that school down in bloomington.

Some worrisome things with this series: Young really has been a tough guard for us, Oladipo is a freaky quick guard whose roasted guys like Smith this year, we traditionally suck in Indy.

That being said we should be much better prepared for Indy post trade. Here's hoping Hill is healthy as he's ideal for putting on Dipo which allows Green to go to Young. So unlike earlier in the year we seem to have good personal to match them and cause problems ourselves

some guy on twitter, works for wtam1000 says Q workers are preparing for a saturday game
Logically prepare for Saturday game even if it’s on Sunday .. umm , that’s why they call it preparing .

Cavs in 4. We will change our defense to deal with single-star teams like we did last year, and just run two guys at them when we really want the ball out of their hands. We did this against PG last year as well as IT in the ECF. Of course, I'm not the biggest fan of using that scheme because it doesn't help us one iota against the Warriors.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."