• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Trump's Presidency

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcort

Sixth Man
Reaction score
Since that other thread is about the election and somewhat derailed.. Maybe we can have a separate thread just discussing his upcoming Presidency.

To start, is there anything out on who he plans to have as cabinet members?

Who is he likely to nominate for the supreme court?

He just published his 100 day plan here: https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_landings/contract/O-TRU-102316-Contractv02.pdf

Trump’s going to have a hard time getting Congress to agree to half the stuff he proposed...even a Republican controlled one.

Heard Newt Gingrich being floated as Secretary of State.

I can think of no better choice.

Drain the swamp of Washington lifers, now please accept my appointment of this 10-term Congressman to my top Cabinet post.

Word is he's talking about the warmongering piece of shit John Bolton for Secretary of State and some Goldman Sachs scumbag for Treasury. Anyone who thought things would change needn't have worried.

If he picks Gingrich/Guiliani/Christie... gross.

I was thinking Rubio would be a good pick for SoS? Seems to know foreign affairs pretty well from what I've seen.

Drain the swamp of Washington lifers, now please accept my appointment of this 10-term Congressman to my top Cabinet post.

I mean, his picks are going to have some Washington experience you would think. Gingrich is awful and out of touch though. And he's old (73... 77 by end of 4 years) and I can't imagine he is in good enough shape to be flying all over the world for meetings.

Trump’s going to have a hard time getting Congress to agree to half the stuff he proposed...even a Republican controlled one.

I don't think he even wants half. Let's give him a chance to reach across the aisle and reach compromises. Will he take the Obama approach and give the dems the finger and say "I won, deal with it", or will he actually lead? We will know pretty quick. He's meeting with Obama tomorrow. He's also agreed to meet with the Mexican prez. Obama was supposed to be the great uniter and failed miserably. The dems said he had a mandate because they had control...meh. A good leader makes it work and makes concessions. Will he do it? No idea...but, let's give him a chance. I think he's more moderate than he's getting painted...yeah, I know what he said...I just don't believe it. There are public positions and private ones...I learned that from Hillary and wikileaks. It's all about negotiating.

Gingrich would be an awful SoS. Make him a Chief Congressional liaison or something.
Love to see Generals Mattis or Kelly as SecDef. Both ass-kickers who would undue some of the social engineering bullshit.

Treasury...fuck if I know. Those guys really have to understand banking well, and studying guys who understand banking well is not one of my hobbies.
Heard Rick Perry mentioned for Agriculture or Interior -- probably would be decent.
Ben Carson Surgeon General. Nice, decent man, unimportant position.

But the key is to make Scott Walker Secretary of Labor. Everything else would be worth it just to see the head explode from that. Or maybe Secretary of Education.

That would rock as well.

Last edited:
I also love the fact how Republicans were lectured for weeks by Dems about how to peacefully accept the outcome...when they thought they were a lock to win. But, now we have riots when it didn't go the Dems way. Uggh...

I didn't like it, but i accepted Obama as my president...twice.

Also...does anybody else find something like this to be pure silliness?

You know....I don't.

The Code of Federal Regulations takes up an entire wall of a library. It's fucking ridiculous. And pretty much nobody ever looks at that shit to get rid of it. As a result, the net effect is a constantly accumulating, ever increasing regulatory burden. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Fiorina's performance at HP, she understands the regulatory system, and is both aggressive and energetic. I'd put her in charge of that shit and tell her to start culling.

More importantly, I'd pass a law to amend the Administrative Procedures Act to eliminate the ability of regulatory bodies to make new legally binding regulations. All regulations would have to be reviewed/approved by Congress before becoming law.

That'd slow that fucking train right down.

ETA: Not trying to be argumentative (shocker) but what she seemed to understand that nobody else even talked about was compliance costs. The hiring of lawyers, consultants, etc., to navigate the ridiculousness of our regulatory system. Compliance costs dramatically tilt the playing field against smaller, emerging companies, and in favor of the leviathans with their own in-house compliance departments. People don't understand that the costs of the ACA to businesses weren't just the costs of coverage/policies/fines. It was hiring teams of lawyers to figure out exactly what the hell the thing actually meant, to review the constantly-changing regulatory guidance, etc.. On some of the critical questions for small/medium business, decent guidance didn't even come down until this year.

It just kills business creation/expansion in this country.

Last edited:
You know....I don't.

The Code of Federal Regulations takes up an entire wall of a library. It's fucking ridiculous. And pretty much nobody ever looks at that shit to get rid of it. As a result, the net effect is a constantly accumulating, ever increasing regulatory burden. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Fiorina's performance at HP, she understands the regulatory system, and is both aggressive and energetic. I'd put her in charge of that shit and tell her to start culling.

More importantly, I'd pass a law to amend the Administrative Procedures Act to eliminate the ability of regulatory bodies to make new legally binding regulations. All regulations would have to be reviewed/approved by Congress before becoming law.

That'd slow that fucking train right down.
Fair enough. I was referring more to the procedural aspect of it, but the motive behind it is beneficial.

I also love the fact how Republicans were lectured for weeks by Dems about how to peacefully accept the outcome...when they thought they were a lock to win. But, now we have riots when it didn't go the Dems way. Uggh...

..holy shit, yes

It's all those special snowflakes, waking up to the reality that the world doesn't always agree with them.

Fair enough. I was referring more to the procedural aspect of it, but the motive behind it is beneficial.

You're right -- procedurally, it would be a bit of a nightmare. But I really think it could be done. Just tell DOL, or whomever "you want to add these new sections? Find me some to delete." But you'd then have to go through the whole notice and comment thing for those regs...

If you could roll the repeal of old regs into new regs having to be confirmed by Congress, you could do it. Of course, eliminating the (should be unconstitutional) power of admin agencies to make regulatory law isn't going to happen anyway.

Gingrich would be an awful SoS. Make him a Chief Congressional liaison or something.
Love to see Generals Mattis or Kelly as SecDef. Both ass-kickers who would undue some of the social engineering bullshit.

Treasury...fuck if I know. Those guys really have to understand banking well, and studying guys who understand banking well is not one of my hobbies.
Heard Rick Perry mentioned for Agriculture or Interior -- probably would be decent.
Ben Carson Surgeon General. Nice, decent man, unimportant position.

But the key is to make Scott Walker Secretary of Labor. Everything else would be worth it just to see the head explode from that. Or maybe Secretary of Education.

That would rock as well.
For defense, isn't there a rule that they would have to be out of the military for a certain amount of time before they're able to be that position? And if so, do those guys meet that length of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."