• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Who To Start Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

jonmchugh

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I figured that we'd start a thread just asking who to start and sit each week. I have 2 different leagues and have a couple dilemmas.

LEAGUE #1

1) Matt Schaub @ Was vs. Michael Vick @ Det

--my reasoning for this gutsy move is that the Texans ran the ball a ton last week and Schaub got me only 6 points at the QB spot. If Kolb is indeed out (which signs point that he is), I am intrigued at starting Vick just because of his rushing ability since he ran for over 100 yards by himself last week.

2) Jamaal Charles @ Cle vs Jerome Harrison vs KC vs Brandon Jackson vs Buf

--Charles had a pretty good game last week. Harrison split a lot of carries with Hillis and Hillis scored the TD for us last week. Since Grant is done for the year I picked up Jackson to fill his void and I'm debating on starting him this week.

LEAGUE #2

1) Mike Sims-Walker @ SD / Mike Wallace @ Ten

- I would start Walker without a doubt but he had a horrid week this past week getting 0 fantasy points. My other 2 starters are Fitzgerald and I picked up Legedu Naenee for SD. The top other FAs available are Brandon Tate (NE), Nate Washington (Ten), Michael Spurlock (TB).

Thanks for the help, I will respond to yours as well.

I would probably go with Schaub over Vick just because Schaub is one of the top fantasy QB's, but honestly Vick will probably do some damage against the Lions...I think you're fine either way.

I think Brandon Jackson would be your best bet in that 2nd scenario. The reason why is because the Packers don't split carries, it'll be all Jackson. Whereas those other guys are going to have a time share.

That last one, I would go with Sims-Walker.

1. Josheph Addai vs NYG or Jahvid Best vs Phi
Best only had 20 yards on 14 carries but 2 TD's and Addai is in such a passing offensive i'm never sure if he's gonna get his touches(had 6 rec last week)

2. Malcom Floyd vs Jac or T.O. vs Baltimore
Floyd looked like the #2 reciever in San Diego last week but T.O. going against a tough Bal D.

thanks

Best only had 20 yards on 14 carries but 2 TD's and Addai is in such a passing offensive i'm never sure if he's gonna get his touches(had 6 rec last week)

Floyd looked like the #2 reciever in San Diego last week but T.O. going against a tough Bal D.alll

thanks

I would go with Best against Phi. Like you said the Colts throw the balll. A LOT. Didn't they throw it like 50 something times last week? Yeah Best is a rookie but I would hang on to him and hopes he gets you another TD. As far as the WR, I would go with Floyd. I just picked up Naunee or however you spell his name from SD. Baltimore looked pretty good against the all powerful Jets last week. I don't know how much the Bengals offense would go against the Ravens.

I would probably go with Schaub over Vick just because Schaub is one of the top fantasy QB's, but honestly Vick will probably do some damage against the Lions...I think you're fine either way.

I think Brandon Jackson would be your best bet in that 2nd scenario. The reason why is because the Packers don't split carries, it'll be all Jackson. Whereas those other guys are going to have a time share.

That last one, I would go with Sims-Walker.

Thanks a lot! Yeah I think I am going to go out on a limb and take Vick this week. He prolly won't be the starter when Kolb comes back but he put up some good numbers against a good Packers D. No telling what he can do against the Lions. I am leaning to Jackson. The only problem is he is young and unproven. At least Harrison and Charles have shown flashes last year but the Browns hardly ran the ball at all with Harrison. It seemed like Hillis got more carries than Harrison. As for Walker, I just hope he has a better week cant n he did last week. I mean hey, it can't get any worse right?

Lets keep this thread going!

I figured that we'd start a thread just asking who to start and sit each week. I have 2 different leagues and have a couple dilemmas.

LEAGUE #1

1) Matt Schaub @ Was vs. Michael Vick @ Det

--my reasoning for this gutsy move is that the Texans ran the ball a ton last week and Schaub got me only 6 points at the QB spot. If Kolb is indeed out (which signs point that he is), I am intrigued at starting Vick just because of his rushing ability since he ran for over 100 yards by himself last week.

2) Jamaal Charles @ Cle vs Jerome Harrison vs KC vs Brandon Jackson vs Buf

--Charles had a pretty good game last week. Harrison split a lot of carries with Hillis and Hillis scored the TD for us last week. Since Grant is done for the year I picked up Jackson to fill his void and I'm debating on starting him this week.

LEAGUE #2

1) Mike Sims-Walker @ SD / Mike Wallace @ Ten

- I would start Walker without a doubt but he had a horrid week this past week getting 0 fantasy points. My other 2 starters are Fitzgerald and I picked up Legedu Naenee for SD. The top other FAs available are Brandon Tate (NE), Nate Washington (Ten), Michael Spurlock (TB).

Thanks for the help, I will respond to yours as well.

I would say Vick, Brandon Jackson, and probably Sims-Walker. I am also starting Vick and Brandon Jackson this week.

Floyd looked like the #2 reciever in San Diego last week but T.O. going against a tough Bal D.

thanks

I would go with Addai and Floyd.

Santana Moss vs Houston, Calvin Johnson vs Philly, or Hines Ward vs Tennessee?

(This is a PPR league)

Also, my TE situation blows right now because Owen Daniels is still recovering from his injury last year. He is supposed to play only 40 snaps or so this week.

Do I start him or throw a dart at someone else and hope to get lucky? I could start Shockey, Evan Moore, Anthony Fasano, or Ben Watson just to name a few.

^^^^^^ Nice recievers you got, think Santana moss is a big time player this year with McNabb. I was gonna say play either Moss or Johnson but I think Stafford is out this week(not sure though) so i'd take Moss. For TE I'd probably stay safe and take Shockey.

Brett Favre vs Miami or Eli Manning @ Ind.

- Not really sure what to do here, who sould I go with?

Brett Favre vs Miami or Eli Manning @ Ind.

- Not really sure what to do here, who sould I go with?

Well in my opinion considering how horrible Favre looked last week I would give him another week to get synced with his offense. Seeing that the Colts gave up a shitload of points last week, I would start Eli Manning 8 times out of 10. I am just not sure if #4 has it in him this year. I definately don't think that he can throw 30 TD passes this year like he did last year.

That's my 2 cents.

I have a couple of more. I'm in 4 leagues.

Rivers vs Jaguars / Cutler @ Cowboys
-I am almost 90 percent leaning towards starting Rivers. Both had respecatable games last week. Rivers is just so consistent. Grant it, Cutler had a good game last week too and he put more points on the board than Rivers

Jamaal Charles @ Browns / Jerome Harrison vs Chiefs / Moreno vs Seahawks

-All 3 of these guys are going up against pretty shitty defenses. I'm leaning towards Moreno because both Harrison and Charles share a lot of carries with Hills and Jones respectivley.

MO MASS VS CHIEFS / SIMS - WALKER @ CHARGERS / DEZ BRYANT VS BEARS

-My other 2 WRs that have starting are Ochocinco and Donald Driver. I have Mass in there right now because he is our go-2 weapon this year. Wallace didn't have a fucking catch last weeek and Bryant is the Cowboys' 2nd option.

Just a note to you guys, if you have a shitty QB Vick is starting. I am starting him over Matt Schaub in one of my leagues since the Texans ran the ball a ton last week. Vick put up like 25 fantasy points last week against the Packers in a come from behind situation last week and nearly pulled off the upset.

Vick or Romo?

My gut says to stick with Romo, but Vick could have a big week.

Vick or Romo?

My gut says to stick with Romo, but Vick could have a big week.

I have Vick starting over Matt Schaub so I would go with Vick. I hope he has another good gae like he did last week because my buddy has Manning.

Schaub, Charles, and Wallace.

I have one of my own...

WR #2 - Legedu Naanee (vs. Jac) vs. Jacoby Jones (vs. Wash)

Wr/Rb - Brandon Jackson, Mcfadden, Jonathon Stewart.

I started Stewart last week, but Mcfadden had 20+ points wasted by sitting on the bench. I think I'm starting Jackson but I have a feeling Mcfadden will kill it again.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."