• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

David Blatt is a former NBA coach

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
I search Twitter everyday for Blatt related tweets and I frankly don't know how you know what the motivation behind all those tweets.
When someone with an Arab name says : " Blatt did a good job...still hate him tho.." Is there a doubt it is not basketball related?

Argghhhhhh. Come on!? You're basing this on reading Tweets?! I used to work in media, my job for 18 months was reading the crap that fruitcakes troll about on Twitter, and believe me, if you start judging popular discourse on the cow shit that Twitter churns out, you're setting yourself up for constant misery. The answer to your question is "no". Clearly there is no doubt that THAT is not basketball related. BUT WHO GIVES A FUCKING FUCK what some random cunt says anonymously on Twitter?!

Who. Fucking. Cares.

I just don't get how a coach with a good track record is generally being treated like crap by the media and peeps world wide.

Really because there have been like a million explanations provided. All more logical and soundly based than this.

I'm checking out of this thread until it becomes about basketball again. There's enough real shit going on in the world to have a basketball thread degenerate into this crap too.

1d316f9a7c5b94ed3149a0ad618c5fb3.jpg
7457c0e6f38faa85eb404de9e6f3a9dc.jpg

http://www.espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=45591

What the hell man...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the hell man...

Yeah, that's not even funny. It's just vindictive/nasty.

Hooley was very clearly in the tank for Mark Jackson last summer, so he's always had some bias. That's just ridiculous though. I did listen to Hooley until this, but that's kind of enough for me.

I agree with Chris Parker's advice about not arguing with him, though. But fans who don't like it can just not listen, and I don't think Blatt will be giving him any interviews any time in the near future.

Shorter Hooley:

Blatt won, I lost, I'm not letting it go yet

Does David Blatt have an ego? He absolutely does. And I like that.

Does Phil Jackson have an ego?
Does Gregg Popovich have an ego?
Did Chuck Daly have an ego?
Did Larry Brown have an ego?
Does Doc Rivers have an ego?
Does Rick Carlisle have an ego?

And on and on.

Most people considered "winners" have egos. And oftentimes there is a reason why they have an ego. And if they did not have an ego -- a belief in their own abilities -- they probably wouldn't have won as much as they did.

I'm not looking for a Beta Male coach. I'll go with the Alpha instead.

Good game by Coach Blatt.

But he should taken that timeout late in the fourth quarter earlier. Just freshen things up and draw up a play. LeBron looked fatigue and made rubbish decisions. Luckily it didn't bite us back.

I think no one will disagree that David coached circles around Bud tonight?

The D was outstanding, especially in the second half. We exploited mismatches really well on O, and overall the team looked locked in, ready, confident.

Props.

Best game plan by the coach today IMO was, forcing team ball ATL to go A LOT of ISO today. It was brilliant and clearly unique, as we could see they can't lean on those mid range shots consistently. Not to mention that our biggest runs was despite Kyrie walking on one leg, JJ missing every possible wide open shot, LeBron doing so many not smart plays, Delly (great defense) missing everything and Love...

I'm much more optimistic after this game than I've been before it. So happy for the city and our overall fans.

Last edited:
Blatt outcoached Bud tonight. He kept the big lineup in there for enough time for them to destroy the Hawks on the boards which kept us in the game early when we couldn't make shit, and then he went to the "one big and four wings" lineup which hasn't been outscored in this playoffs and was +63 per 100 possessions coming into this game and was +40 in that pivotal second quarter when we got the lead and the upper hand in the second quarter. He wasn't afraid to go that lineup and sit Kyrie and I thought he was actually itching to go to it. I thought every decision was spot on (I was worried when JJ came in rather than Iman near the end of the third but it looked like Iman was limping). I felt the Hawks were adjusting to us and not the other way around.

We've chased teams off the three point line all year (9th best in the NBA this year) and I thought we didn't give up oodles of open threes. In addition, the inbounds play at the end of the first was a thing of beauty. He was firmly in control tonight and the sign of good coaching is a team being able to adjust and win in ways that are different from the ways iit usually wins. We're doing that now.

Now we'll see if he gets some credit or not (not holding my breath).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."