• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Welcome Derrick Williams

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
as far as the Stephenson vs Williams. debate. Stephenson is out with an Ankle injury and might not get a new 10 day contract.

Lance Stephenson is looking at a two-week recovery from his Grade 2 ankle sprain, tweets Darren Wolfson of 5 Eyewitness News in Minneapolis. Stephenson’s 10-day contract expired this weekend, and it’s uncertain whether the Timberwolves will be interested in signing him again once he has recovered.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/
So he is available again?

DWill seems to have caught the shooting bug since joining us.. if HE starts hitting from outside at a steady rate.. holy hell. I don't know what more we could ask from this guy so far.

Windy said he would rather have Terrance Jones over Williams...I disagree...dude has been super impressive IMO...defense, hitting some shots, and running the floor

That bench lineup with Williams is destroying teams much in the way just about every "3 wings + LBJ + Big" lineup always does. LBJ/Korver/DWill/Jefferson/Frye were +55.9 per 100 possessions going into this game and that number should be about the same or go up after tonight making it one of the best lineups in the NBA that has played 25+ minutes.

LBJ/Shump/Jefferson/Dunleavy/Frye grpup was +31 per 100 over 25+ minutes and was our second best lineup.

Williams has been +15, +14, +15 the last three games, the first time in his career he has been +double digits on court for three games in a row.

In fact, he's been a + on court:

5 games in a row: once in his career
4 games in a row: once in his career
3 games in a row: 4 times in his career

It's still only a handful of games, but I never thought he would be this effective in even this many games.

Last edited:
That bench lineup with Williams is destroying teams much in the way just about every "3 wings + LBJ + Big" lineup always does.

Williams has been +15, +14, +15 the last three games, the first time in his career he has been +double digits on court for three games in a row.

In fact, he's been a + on court:

5 games in a row: once in his career
4 games in a row: once in his career
3 games in a row: 4 times in his career

It's still only a handful of games, but I never thought he would be this effective in even this many games.

He's playing a lot of minutes with LeBron, so I think that's to be expected.

I have to agree with @Tornicade when he says it looks Williams is shadowing LeBron as a point forward.

Windy said he would rather have Terrance Jones over Williams...I disagree...dude has been super impressive IMO...defense, hitting some shots, and running the floor
Based on 5 games? Maybe.
However, for the last 4 years or so Jones provides better shooting, better rebounding, better shot blocking, etc.

If LeBron makes Williams look good. He'll do the same for Jones.

Our current roster Williams is the better fit. He brings the ball up the floor. Provides another guy who can drive and dish. Plays hard. He also can guard guards (or at least attempt too) guard small forwards better as well.

If Jefferson wasn't close to done I'd take Jones though.

Derrick is awesome. They have to keep him. Just provides another dimension. I can't believe how good the defense looks when that group goes in. They are just so long

DWill seems to have caught the shooting bug since joining us.. if HE starts hitting from outside at a steady rate.. holy hell. I don't know what more we could ask from this guy so far.

I mean if he can just hit wide open shots, he will destroy.

D Will looking good - still want to see him go right at teams when they try to put PG's or smaller guys on him. Flash to the block or roll to the paint, Lebron will surely find him.

He brings an edge, a physicality, a hustle trait to our team that we needed... A good example of it is when he inbounds the ball to LeBron, Williams then goes straight to the lower block and gets good position under the rim and usually draws a foul because he's so physical down there and gets so deep... I've seen that play at least 3 times already since he's been here. Love what this guy brings to our team.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."