• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rate the last movie you saw

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Does this count as a musical? All Disney kids movies have a mix of songs and scripts because they're kids movies. I don't think this counts.

I would say that The Lion King is a rare Disney exception in regards to music composition. Most Disney movies prior to LK had been written by Alan Menken, who wrote music for the slew of animated features in the late 80's - 90's.

The Lion King's origin story is actually quite interesting (bit of a Disney nerd here) None of the Disney executives had any faith that the movie would be a success. The most talented people at Disney (animators, writers, composers) were taken off the project to start working on Pocahontas, Menken being one of them. As a last ditch effort, Disney recruited Elton John to help write the music and the rest is history.

TLK is regarded as one of the best Disney movies of all time b/c those who worked on the movie truly poured their heart and soul into the work b/c they didn't want it to seem second-rate in the Disney exec's eyes. It became a passion project for all involved.

South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut is technically a musical as well.

I guess musicals could be broken down into two sub-groups: ones that use musical numbers to enhance the plot & ones that use music as the main plot device (dialogue composition, i.e., Sweeney Todd)

I have always preferred the former.

RIP Seijun Suzuki :(

Branded to Kill was life changing cinema back in the day. Tokyo Drifter and Pistol Opera also held me down.

Last edited:
Just saw What About Bob (Netflix).

Hilarious. Can't believed I didn't watch it sooner.

Watched Good Will Hunting again...

One thing that I noticed that bugged me this last time was the ending. Ben Affleck has that talk with Will earlier that every morning he hopes he goes to his house and Will won't be there. Then at the end, he's not there. Cool scene.

That is, until I realized that the scene before they gave Will a fucking car. Why they hell are they picking his ass up if he has his own car now? Take away their Oscar.

Watched Good Will Hunting again...

One thing that I noticed that bugged me this last time was the ending. Ben Affleck has that talk with Will earlier that every morning he hopes he goes to his house and Will won't be there. Then at the end, he's not there. Cool scene.

That is, until I realized that the scene before they gave Will a fucking car. Why they hell are they picking his ass up if he has his own car now? Take away their Oscar.

Because it's their routine. The whole movie Will builds up to break the cyclical routine of a troubled boy in Southie.

Because it's their routine. The whole movie Will builds up to break the cyclical routine of a troubled boy in Southie.

But they knew he had a car now. If Robin Williams gave him the car, then it would have made more sense.

I swear someone mentioned Get Out somewhere.

Did anyone read the review on Ringer. I'm gonna read it again just to be sure I didnt misunderstand it, but as a white dude, I think I'm offended for the first time in my life.

I swear someone mentioned Get Out somewhere.

Did anyone read the review on Ringer. I'm gonna read it again just to be sure I didnt misunderstand it, but as a white dude, I think I'm offended for the first time in my life.

Dude, you have over 20k posts.

How is this the first time you've been offended?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."