• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 NBA Draft - June 21

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Roberts Williams will be a nice player. A very safe pick that was few spots out of our range maybe. Can't see him not be effective in the NBA in both ends.

Gotta say that there are very interesting bigs man in this draft that are outside the lottery. Jontay, Gifford, Robinson, Williams are all intriguing and have a good chance to be quality starters.

You also have Goga Bitdze that I'm high on in the second round.

Last edited:
It is? He's not putting up the super-dominant performances that say he's on a different level than the other 9 guys on the floor. No 30-point games. Double digit rebounds a couple of times. Five assists a couple of times. Everything about him says roleplayer to me...elite roleplayer, but roleplayer nonetheless.

If getting double digit rebounds or having a 5 assist games qualifies a guy as having a super-dominant performance at the wing position for you, then we're just not going to agree on the evaluation of his performance lol.

I recommend watching over the 2H of yesterday's game vs Alabama, as well as his performance in the Big East championship game.

If getting double digit rebounds or having a 5 assist games qualifies a guy as having a super-dominant performance at the wing position for you, then we're just not going to agree on the evaluation of his performance lol.

I recommend watching over the 2H of yesterday's game vs Alabama, as well as his performance in the Big East championship game.

Those are the kinds of things you expect from a superstar wing at the NBA level, right? My point is, I'm not seeing that kind of performance from him yet, even at the college level, so it's hard to envision him developing in that direction in the NBA.

Those are the kinds of things you expect from a superstar wing at the NBA level, right? My point is, I'm not seeing that kind of performance from him yet, even at the college level, so it's hard to envision him developing in that direction in the NBA.

There's not one individual avenue to superstardom in the NBA for a wing. Judging a guy's potential largely just on how many rebounds or assists he gets isn't a very good way of evaluating a guy.

Like I said, if you just watch those games you can't tell me he's not absolutely dominating the game. The Big East Championship game was one of the single best individual performances I've seen all season. So I'm not sure I understand how you haven't seen superstar level performance from him on the NCAA level. The guy is a legitimate top 5 NCAA player of the year candidate lmao.

There's not one individual avenue to superstardom in the NBA for a wing. Judging a guy's potential largely just on how many rebounds or assists he gets isn't a very good way of evaluating a guy.

Like I said, if you just watch those games you can't tell me he's not absolutely dominating the game. The Big East Championship game was one of the single best individual performances I've seen all season. So I'm not sure I understand how you haven't seen superstar level performance from him on the NCAA level. The guy is a legitimate top 5 NCAA player of the year candidate lmao.

How many elite wings are neither elite rebounders nor elite facilitators for their position? Not trying to be difficult, just honestly trying to understand your position. In what way are you expecting him to expand his skillset so that he goes from being a great 3&D roleplayer to a star?

Why does Izzo hate Jackson? That's the only weird thing to me about him as a prospect.... his own coach doesn't even seem to like him that much

How many elite wings are neither elite rebounders nor elite facilitators for their position? Not trying to be difficult, just honestly trying to understand your position. In what way are you expecting him to expand his skillset so that he goes from being a great 3&D roleplayer to a star?

Jimmy Butler, Gordon Hayward, Paul George, DeMar Derozan, can go on and on. That's off the top of my head. I've never heard of such a thing that a prerequisite for being a wing superstar is being an elite rebounder and/or passer lol. I'm really lost there.

Secondly, why are we treating 5.4 reb/g as some abysmal number for a guy who almost solely plays the 3? Not to mention the guy is out on the perimeter more than any other wing in the entire country and probably by a fair margin - all because he's an elite defender.

Thirdly, his team has two of the best creators out of the guard spot in the country, so no he's not going to be asked to facilitate on his current team.

It's just such a close-minded way of thinking that won't lead to proper evaluation of a prospect. With that mindset it would have been said that Jimmy Butler had 0 chance at stardom out of college. Pretty much the same for the other couple guys I just mentioned. Just makes no sense to me whatsoever lol.

And if you don't see his NCAA stardom, then I can't help you there beyond recommending watching him more lol.

Jimmy Butler, Gordon Hayward, Paul George, DeMar Derozan, can go on and on. That's off the top of my head. I've never heard of such a thing that a prerequisite for being a wing superstar is being an elite rebounder and/or passer lol. I'm really lost there.

Secondly, why are we treating 5.4 reb/g as some abysmal number for a guy who almost solely plays the 3? Not to mention the guy is out on the perimeter more than any other wing in the entire country and probably by a fair margin - all because he's an elite defender.

Thirdly, his team has two of the best creators out of the guard spot in the country, so no he's not going to be asked to facilitate on his current team.

It's just such a close-minded way of thinking that won't lead to proper evaluation of a prospect. With that mindset it would have been said that Jimmy Butler had 0 chance at stardom out of college. Pretty much the same for the other couple guys I just mentioned. Just makes no sense to me whatsoever lol.

And if you don't see his NCAA stardom, then I can't help you there beyond recommending watching him more lol.

But the guys you listed *are* all elite facilitators for their position. Maybe Mikal has that ability too, and just hasn't been put in a position to show it on this team? I don't know, that's why I'm asking. You have to bring something more than great defense and a 3-point shot to be a bona-fide star. I don't know what that something is for Mikal.

Why does Izzo hate Jackson? That's the only weird thing to me about him as a prospect.... his own coach doesn't even seem to like him that much

I think the fouling is a huge part of it.

It's been a consistent issue all year so it's probably wore on him continually lol. After his second foul I heard a hot mic pick up Izzo screaming "Get your ass over here!" and then he pulled him out on the FTs and was yelling at him on the way to the bench lmao.

Plus I think their frontcourt rotation is pretty solid for a college team. I know they don't have much NBA potential, but they're solid for the NCAA game. And are all upperclassmen that Izzo can trust more.

I think Jacksons stock is going to fall after the tourney... whether they go all the way or not.

Just don't see him putting a mark like the other players that are left in the lottery.

Bagley, Carter, Knox, , Shai, ,etc all have a better chance to increase their stock.

Last edited:
I think the fouling is a huge part of it.

It's been a consistent issue all year so it's probably wore on him continually lol. After his second foul I heard a hot mic pick up Izzo screaming "Get your ass over here!" and then he pulled him out on the FTs and was yelling at him on the way to the bench lmao.

Plus I think their frontcourt rotation is pretty solid for a college team. I know they don't have much NBA potential, but they're solid for the NCAA game. And are all upperclassmen that Izzo can trust more.

More than half of JJj fouls are bullshit so Izzo can suck a dick. No way Jackson is going to be a foul prone player in the NBA.

But the guys you listed *are* all elite facilitators for their position. Maybe Mikal has that ability too, and just hasn't been put in a position to show it on this team? I don't know, that's why I'm asking. You have to bring something more than great defense and a 3-point shot to be a bona-fide star. I don't know what that something is for Mikal.

None of them were elite facilitators in college. Not even close.

Derozan couldn't do shit other than dunk in his first few years and see where he is at now.

O. In that case we just have a different definition of being an elite facilitator. I definitely think that Mikal can get to those guys' levels of facilitating easily if he's not already there. He's just not asked to do it much so it's underwhelming with the counting stats.

He's generating 1.113 PPP (92nd percentile) as the P&R ball handler including passes on a 97 possession sample size. Then just the 45 possessions he passed out the P&R generated 1.111 PPP (also 92nd percentile).

But at the end of the day the guy does plenty of things on the floor on both ends that separate him from an average 3&D prospect to me. He affects the game as much as any wing in the country probably.

Maybe I'm biased, but Syracuse should be banned from future NCAA tournaments until Boeheim stops playing that stupid fucking zone. It's an affront to basketball.

None of them were elite facilitators in college. Not even close.

Derozan couldn't do shit other than dunk in his first few years and see where he is at now.

They weren't in college, but that's possibly because (with the execption of Butler) they didn't stay in college as long as Mikal did. By the time they were Mikal's current age, PG13, DeRozan, and Hayward were all established starters at the NBA level. Butler's the only guy in that group who was a late bloomer.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."