• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Series 24 | Tigers @ Indians

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If there's ever a year for Cleveland to win a World Series, its definitely this year. I know 2016 was remarkable, but since then Brantely re-emerged, Frankie and Hosey got better through experience, and our pitching is healthy and is better with Bauer and Clevinger emerging. When postseason strikes, I expect our best, and Bieber better be an option in that bullpen.

Management needs to think long and hard about what they need to do. I hope they shock us.

Up 3-1 vs Cubs with the final 2 games at home with Kluber going in game 7 and Miller pitching lights out in the playoffs was the year to win the World Series.

That will linger for the rest of my lifetime. The only reason I could even stomach it was the Cavs came back down 3-1 vs 73 win GS team earlier.

Sadly our top 2 pitchers Kluber and Miller gave up all 6 runs before extra innings. Normally those 2 would combine to allow a max of 3 runs 90% of the time.

I’m done lamenting 2016; for the third year in a row this squad is poised for a division crown and a shot at October — it’s anyone’s to have at that point and that’s all I can ask.

Gotta love the AL Central.

Nice to get fat and build momentum off of the carcasses of the White Sox and Tigers.

Remember when we were lamenting how this team couldn’t hit. Me neither. Now top4 in MLB in total runs scored.

Think we scored more runs in the 8th today than the Tigers scored in this entire series — according to the Tigers fan that gets mad on Twitter.

Hee hee

Up 3-1 vs Cubs with the final 2 games at home with Kluber going in game 7 and Miller pitching lights out in the playoffs was the year to win the World Series.

That will linger for the rest of my lifetime. The only reason I could even stomach it was the Cavs came back down 3-1 vs 73 win GS team earlier.

Sadly our top 2 pitchers Kluber and Miller gave up all 6 runs before extra innings. Normally those 2 would combine to allow a max of 3 runs 90% of the time.

That series crushes me to think about but I will also always love that team. They weren't supposed to be there, they weren't supposed to be up 3-1 or even get to 7 games, and they still almost pulled it off. I mean, we were rolling with Kluber, Bauer with 9 fingers, and Tomlin, with Ryan Merritt making a start in the ALCS. What a fantastic group that was.

Trading for Machado seems really dumb at this point. He'll have steep offers from teams who can use him much more than we can. Outfield and bullpen may be areas to upgrade, but it'll be better to wait until the deadline and see what we actually need.
Because beating up AAAA garbage teams in the AL Central means so much.

Because beating up AAAA garbage teams in the AL Central means so much.
What does this have to do with trading for Machado? We have good potential in the low minors, I don't see why we would thin out our farm unnecessarily and leave behind a skeleton of a ball club for someone like Machado (given his astronomical asking price) when our infield is very strong. Yes, even Kipnis is playing alright lately.

Our prime areas of need are in the outfield and bullpen, and it's hard to know how much we need them, which is why we should wait until the deadline to see just what we need. Maybe Lindor or Ramirez will get hurt for the season and we actually will want to trade for Machado.

Reactions: AZ_
Damn, missed another fun one. Oh well.

Like someone else said, nice to feast on the shitty ALC teams. @BimboColesHair you back to posting?

Just feel so much better knowing Tomlin is not going...

He's right though.

So glad these guys can romp on JV teams in July while their balls shrivel up in October.

http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?search/11946541/

full

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."