• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018-2019 Around The NBA thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, that's the thing! I had pretty much reserved myself to thinking that he would at his very best be an Al Horford level player on offense, and it was going to be a long shot for him to get there. But he looks faaaar more comfortable with the ball in his hands than I expected to this early. His age is showing, but good grief the potential is just ridiculous.

The list of bigs who were positive impact offensive players before age 20 is pretty short:

AD averaged 13.5 points (56% true shooting) and 1.0 assists per game.

Dwight averaged 12.0 points (57% true shooting) and 0.9 assists per game.

KG averaged 10.4 points (52% true shooting) and 1.8 assists per game.

All others were still in college, hardly played, or were worthless offensive players. If JJ matches (or dare I say, surpasses) those numbers this year, he's on a special kind of trajectory.

The list of bigs who were positive impact offensive players before age 20 is pretty short:

AD averaged 13.5 points (56% true shooting) and 1.0 assists per game.

Dwight averaged 12.0 points (57% true shooting) and 0.9 assists per game.

KG averaged 10.4 points (52% true shooting) and 1.8 assists per game.

All others were still in college, hardly played, or were worthless offensive players. If JJ matches (or dare I say, surpasses) those numbers this year, he's on a special kind of trajectory.

Past numbers don't matter anymore. If this trend continues, numbers league wide will become very, very inflated.

Clearly, players are in a much better position to excel in this league now. Players shortcomings/weaknesses may not be as detrimental as they once were. It's all about the strengths and if you are stronger than what the refs are allowing the defender to do.

Somebody is going to have to explain to me how Brandon Ingram committing a foul, getting pissy and shoving Harden, and then sucker punching someone makes him a good teammate or "about that life"

Seems like the last kind of guy I'd want to play with. Those were selfish actions in my opinion.

I think the Cavs play some of the worst defense ever but a look a the box scores is showing me OKC allowing 80+ with 8 mins of the 3rd quarter remaining, to the Kings. Getting torched by Shump ffs.

Defense is dead.

Yep.

26 points for Shump and Kings beat Thunder by double digits. And Westbrook played.

Yep.

26 points for Shump and Kings beat Thunder by double digits. And Westbrook played.
Is Russell Westbrook the Phillip Rivers of the nba? Really good player, but has never and probably never will win a thing? He puts up these monster stats and it doesnt lead to anything and now they are losing to Sacramento at home. Smh

Man, Celtics scuffling vs Orlando. Yeesh

I'm just gonna say it again: The Raptors defense is as legit as they come.

I honestly dont know if ive hated a player in the history of the nba more than Lance Stephenson. Durant, but thats a different type of hate. Lance just makes my blood boil and everytime i see him i want to do nothing more than kick him in the teeth.

Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, and now Javale Mcgee. The Lakers just always have an all time great at center.

Man Pop knows how to dial up them plays. Easy ass shot for Patty Mills. Great execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."