• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017 Cleveland Indians

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
First week start off on the road in better climate cities? What a concept.

Finish the season at home too against the division! Sweet

32 games in 33 days from Aug. 15 until Sept. 17

Ouch.

"To which games are you most looking forward?"

Looks like they finally hired that British ambassador we've all been clamoring for.

"To which games are you most looking forward?"

Looks like they finally hired that British ambassador we've all been clamoring for.

For me its the Weekend series here in AZ, might actually be able to go.

Decided to go in on a quarter-season ticket package with my dad since I'll be finishing up my first year teaching with a summer off, and will finally have some cash (albeit minimal cash) in my pocket.

Decided to go in on a quarter-season ticket package with my dad since I'll be finishing up my first year teaching with a summer off, and will finally have some cash (albeit minimal cash) in my pocket.
Was thinking about doing the same. Probably pulling the trigger soon to get playoff priority

I guess I'll put this here. Just like my 2016 thread, the year each player is signed through next to his name. Free agents are in red. It will be interesting to watch some things play thing over the next month or so. The Indians are going to have a lot of decisions to make.

The two big pending free agents are Mike Napoli and Rajai Davis. To me, the Indians can't afford to let Napoli walk. A 2 year deal seems fair, with Napoli sliding to full-time DH in the 2nd year assuming Santana walks. Davis is tougher to call. He's brought tremendous value and a threat at the top of the lineup, but the Indians have Naquin, Chisenhall, Guyer, Almonte, (hopefully) Brantley, and top prospect Bradley Zimmer. I suppose the could move one or two in a trade, but it seems more likely they let Davis walk.

C - Yan Gomes - 2021
1B - Mike Napoli - 2016
2B - Jason Kipnis - 2020
3B - Jose Ramirez - 2019
SS - Francisco Lindor - 2020
LF - Michael Brantley - 2018
CF - Tyler Naquin - 2021
RF - Lonnie Chisenhall - 2017
DH - Carlos Santana - 2017

C - Roberto Perez - 2019
OF - Brandon Guyer - 2018
OF - Abraham Almonte - 2021
IF - Erik Gonzalez - 2021

SP - Corey Kluber - 2018
SP - Carlos Carrasco - 2020
SP - Danny Salazar - 2019
SP - Trevor Bauer - 2019
SP - Josh Tomlin - 2018

CL - Cody Allen - 2018
CL - Andrew Miller
RP - Bryan Shaw - 2017
RP - Dan Otero - 2019
RP - Kyle Crockett - 2020
RP - Zach McAllister - 2018
RP - Jeff Manship - 2019

Other Roster Possibilities

OF - Rajai Davis - 2016
SP - Mike Clevinger - 2021
SP - Ryan Merritt - 2021
RP - Perci Garner - TBD
OF - Bradley Zimmer - TBD
RP - Austin Adams - 2019
OF - Coco Crisp - 2017 (750 K buyout for 2016)
UT - Michael Martinez - 2019
C - Chris Gimenez - 2017
SP - Shawn Morimando - 2021
3B - Giovanny Urshela - 2020
RP - Shawn Armstrong - 2021
SP - Cody Anderson - 2020
SP - TJ House - 2020
1B - Jesus Aguilar - 2020

Free Agents This Winter

Last edited:
In a perfect world Zimmer would be able to take over a starting spot sometime next year, but I have to say, his strikeout rate is fairly concerning.

Not sure what to expect out of Naquin. The book is out on him, he absolutely mashes off speed stuff, but struggles against anything fast, especially if it's up in the zone. If he can't adjust, he's going to lose his spot quickly next year. They might need to pick up another outfielder.

In a perfect world Zimmer would be able to take over a starting spot sometime next year, but I have to say, his strikeout rate is fairly concerning.

Not sure what to expect out of Naquin. The book is out on him, he absolutely mashes off speed stuff, but struggles against anything fast, especially if it's up in the zone. If he can't adjust, he's going to lose his spot quickly next year. They might need to pick up another outfielder.

If they let Davis walk, they're really banking on Brantley being able to come back 100%. Personally I'd explore Davis on another 1 year deal, but I don't expect it.

VS RH

LF-Brantley
CF-Naquin
RF-Chisenhall

VS LH

LF-Brantley
CF-Almonte
RF-Guyer

I've always been a Chisenhall fan, but I think he gets dealt this offseason. He's entering his final year of team control, and while he's provided solid production, he's entirely replaceable. Especially with Brantley returning, and Zimmer on the horizon, a lefty OF bat like Chisenhall becomes expendable.

With our limited RH OF bats, I think Davis will be a priority this winter.

I guess I'll put this here. Just like my 2016 thread, the year each player is signed through next to his name. Free agents are in red. It will be interesting to watch some things play thing over the next month or so. The Indians are going to have a lot of decisions to make.

The two big pending free agents are Mike Napoli and Rajai Davis. To me, the Indians can't afford to let Napoli walk. A 2 year deal seems fair, with Napoli sliding to full-time DH in the 2nd year assuming Santana walks. Davis is tougher to call. He's brought tremendous value and a threat at the top of the lineup, but the Indians have Naquin, Chisenhall, Guyer, Almonte, (hopefully) Brantley, and top prospect Bradley Zimmer. I suppose the could move one or two in a trade, but it seems more likely they let Davis walk.

C - Yan Gomes - 2021
1B - Mike Napoli - 2016
2B - Jason Kipnis - 2020
3B - Jose Ramirez - 2019
SS - Francisco Lindor - 2020
LF - Michael Brantley - 2018
CF - Tyler Naquin - 2021
RF - Lonnie Chisenhall - 2017
DH - Carlos Santana - 2017

C - Roberto Perez - 2019
OF - Brandon Guyer - 2018
OF - Abraham Almonte - 2021
IF - Erik Gonzalez - 2021

SP - Corey Kluber - 2018
SP - Carlos Carrasco - 2020
SP - Danny Salazar - 2019
SP - Trevor Bauer - 2019
SP - Josh Tomlin - 2018

CL - Cody Allen - 2018
CL - Andrew Miller
RP - Bryan Shaw - 2017
RP - Dan Otero - 2019
RP - Kyle Crockett - 2020
RP - Zach McAllister - 2018
RP - Jeff Manship - 2019

Other Roster Possibilities

OF - Rajai Davis - 2016
SP - Mike Clevinger - 2021
RP - Perci Garner - TBD
OF - Bradley Zimmer - TBD
RP - Austin Adams - 2019
OF - Coco Crisp - 2017 (750 K buyout for 2016)
UT - Michael Martinez - 2019
C - Chris Gimenez - 2017
RP - Ryan Merritt - 2021
SP - Shawn Morimando - 2021
3B - Giovanny Urshela - 2020
RP - Shawn Armstrong - 2021
SP - Cody Anderson - 2020
SP - TJ House - 2020
1B - Jesus Aguilar - 2020

Free Agents This Winter

Have to imagine we see Yandy Diaz soon. He doesn't have much left to prove at the AAA level. Not sure where he plays, though.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."