• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Carmelo Anthony

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cashius X

@CashiusX_
Reaction score
Has to be one of the most polarizing NBA players on this forums. Either you love him or you hate, but for some reason most people on RCF feel as though he impedes team success (as crazy as that sounds).

He's a Top 10 player in the NBA easily. The 3rd/4th best SF in the league. Idk if it's cool or the "in" thing to hate on Melo but for whatever reason he has a terrible rep.

Post the problems you have with Melo. I'm genuinely interested to hear peoples' problems with him. I feel most people are just misinformed and formed opinions of Melo based on what they've heard others say. Maybe I can shed some light on why he's rightfully regarded as one of the premier talents and franchise players in the league.

He's fat, selfish, a ball hog, lacks team concepts, plays no defense, doesn't pass well.

Things I like he can flat out score.

What I want to know is why does anyone in their right mind think he can play with Kyrie. 'Melo is a black hole offensively. He's a great scorer, I'll give him that, but he can't play with anyone at all that requires the basketball even a little bit. This is why he and A'mare can never play together.

He's a great talent, but somehow that loosely gets described as a great player these days. To me, he's a great scorer, and that's it.

Forgot to add Iverson and what a disaster those two were together.

I don't mind Carmelo Anthony. Two things have worked against him.

1) He has been on some poorly constructed teams.

2) I'm not convinced he is a great leader. He is a great scorer. Arguably, the most talented all-around scorer in the NBA. I think he would thrive as a sidekick to another great player. He has been put on teams where he has to be the man. But I think he is coming to realize, based on comments about how the big three were smart to team up, that he can't do it alone.

I think Melo needs a fresh start somewhere, maybe out of the spotlight, at least somewhere where he defer more to another great player.

I don't mind Carmelo Anthony. Two things have worked against him.

1) He has been on some poorly constructed teams.

2) I'm not convinced he is a great leader. He is a great scorer. Arguably, the most talented all-around scorer in the NBA. I think he would thrive as a sidekick to another great player. He has been put on teams where he has to be the man. But I think he is coming to realize, based on comments about how the big three were smart to team up, that he can't do it alone.

I think Melo needs a fresh start somewhere, maybe out of the spotlight, at least somewhere where he defer more to another great player.

That's the thing, he don't want to defer to anyone!

Literally one of the greatest scorers of all time.

IF there was a chance of it happening, and there isn't, then you'd trade pretty much whatever they want outside of Kyrie.

That's the thing, he don't want to defer to anyone!

He really hasn't been on a team where there was a strong second star to defer to though. I'm not trying to strongly defend him but it isn't like he has played with a Chris Paul, Lebron, Durant, Howard etc.

He's fat, selfish, a ball hog, lacks team concepts, plays no defense, doesn't pass well.

Things I like he can flat out score.

What I want to know is why does anyone in their right mind think he can play with Kyrie. 'Melo is a black hole offensively. He's a great scorer, I'll give him that, but he can't play with anyone at all that requires the basketball even a little bit. This is why he and A'mare can never play together.

He's a great talent, but somehow that loosely gets described as a great player these days. To me, he's a great scorer, and that's it.

Forgot to add Iverson and what a disaster those two were together.

What are you talking about? You realize the Melo/Amare experiment in NY never really even got started, right? They played like 1/2 a season together before Amare's knees started plaguing him and he missed season after season.

Moreover, if you actually watched the Knicks play you'd realize that the majority of your post was off-base and flat out false. Carmelo is a willing passer. When his teammates are open he hits them. Hell, he passed up a 1 on 1 in the post tonight to hit JR Smith wide open in the corner with the game on the line (a shot which Smith airballed and the Knicks ultimately lost). I'm actually surprised he isn't more selfish. Look at the talent around him in NY. No other reliable scorers on that team.

You complain about his defense,but have you ever thought that maybe his "poor" defense is a result of poor coaching? I mean he played for George Karl in Denver who is notorious for fielding high-scoring teams that struggle defensively and now he's playing for Mike Woodson, a man who instructs his players to switch on everything! Everything! And for all everyone who claims his defense is so poor, I've yet to see anyone use advanced statistics or numbers to back up that claim.

I never said Melo was LeBron or KD. All I'm saying is that he's an elite player and the shit he gets is completely unwarranted. We're talking about a guy who has a lot of playoff success. This guy was 2 games wins away from an appearance in the NBA finals, and people have the audacity to say that he doesn't play winning basketball? Where the fuck is this shit coming from? Honestly.

Give him the ball and he will get a bucket. He's a walking mismatch against 90% of guys in the league. He can easily be the focal point of championship team.

Literally one of the greatest scorers of all time.

IF there was a chance of it happening, and there isn't, then you'd trade pretty much whatever they want outside of Kyrie.

for 27 games? No way you give away future first rounders and Dion/AB for a guy that has no interest in playing in Cleveland past the 2nd week of April.
By the way there is no credible rumor from anyone saying Melo is going by traded in the next 1.5 days. None. This is a fabricated RCF fantasy that is laughable.

for 27 games? No way you give away future first rounders and Dion/AB for a guy that has no interest in playing in Cleveland past the 2nd week of April.
By the way there is no credible rumor from anyone saying Melo is going by traded in the next 2.5 days. None. This is a fabricated RCF fantasy that is laughable.

There may not be any rumors supporting it, but it's just common sense that they've at least played the field to see what they a return on Melo would be right now. They're not that dumb to risk losing a player of Melo's caliber for nothing in Free Agency.

We are talking about James Dolan but still. I'd bet they're fielding offers. I don' think they'll trade him but they have to at least be gauging interest in him throughout the league.

By the way there is no credible rumor from anyone saying Melo is going by traded in the next 1.5 days. None. This is a fabricated RCF fantasy that is laughable.

I'm talking perfect world, hence the not going to happen.

I wouldn't give up shit for him for 27 days.

I'm talking perfect world, hence the not going to happen.

I wouldn't give up shit for him for 27 days.

In a perfect world I would rather have Lebron, Love and Irving.

I would settle for Lebron and Irving.

Sad thing is that from a team standpoint, Love had done significantly less than Melo.

But I also think he'd fit better with Kyrie because he thrives off the ball.

Sad thing is that from a team standpoint, Love had done significantly less than Melo.

But I also think he'd fit better with Kyrie because he thrives off the ball.

I feel like Melo could play off the ball very well though. He's an excellent spot-up shooter and I bet he'd excel shooting off screens in catch and shoot situations as well.

Melo in Cleveland is a pipe dream though, but regardless I think he can change his playstyle to play with anyone. He's not a stubborn guy.

He really hasn't been on a team where there was a strong second star to defer to though. I'm not trying to strongly defend him but it isn't like he has played with a Chris Paul, Lebron, Durant, Howard etc.

Allen Iverson?

What are you talking about? You realize the Melo/Amare experiment in NY never really even got started, right? They played like 1/2 a season together before Amare's knees started plaguing him and he missed season after season.

And when he's been healthy he comes off the bench, because he can't play with him! What are you talking about?

Moreover, if you actually watched the Knicks play you'd realize that the majority of your post was off-base and flat out false. Carmelo is a willing passer. When his teammates are open he hits them.

Just stop, if you want to say 'Melo is a great player, worth having, I have no problem with that. But don't start inventing something he is to prove why he's so great. 'Melo doesn't make guys around him better, and what is your definition of willing passer? What, because he's capable of passing the ball from time to time? He's flat out scorer. Bottom line. Hey, there's no shame in that, but a lot of times he will jeopardize others games just to 'get his'.

You complain about his defense,but have you ever thought that maybe his "poor" defense is a result of poor coaching?

No, because other players, younger ones on his team put in more effort defensively than him. His defense is lazy at best. And you mention Karl, the only time he resembled ANY defense at all, was under him, when they made it to the Western Conference game and got beat. You don't think Karl is a defensively coach, seriously? They were one of the best defensive teams in the West that year.

Just because a team pushed the tempo doesn't mean they're not capable of defending.

I never said Melo was LeBron or KD. All I'm saying is that he's an elite player and the shit he gets is completely unwarranted. We're talking about a guy who has a lot of playoff success.

You are kidding right?

Give him the ball and he will get a bucket. He's a walking mismatch against 90% of guys in the league. He can easily be the focal point of championship team.

You know, Jigo made the best case for him, and all that really needed to be said. He's a great scorer, I couldn't agree more. I was giving reasons why I wouldn't want him, and reasons why I would. I'd have to think long and hard, if I'd want him on my team, because I don't know which 'Melo I'm getting.

He's a great talent, he can flat out score. If he's willing to do some of the smaller things that are required of him, there's no doubt he makes a HUGE impact on any team. But for him that's a big 'what if' and I think you put him and Kyrie on the same team, you have mutiny ready to erupt.

'Melo is suffering from the Iverson syndrome. Great individual player, guy that individually is one of the best in the game, but his desire to fit in with his entire team at times has been lackluster at best.

There's 4 other guys you must play with on the floor. You got to co-exist with them too. Not just go solo.

EDIT: If I could ever see 'Melo in the perfect situation where he could be the player a lot hope he'd be, it'd be with the Spurs. I think 'Melo is more a "right situation" kind of player, that could be a monster beast. You put him on that team right now, I definitely think they would win it all. I don't think you can't build around him at all, but he needs to be in the right situation, with a disciplined coach that can get through to him, and a savvy veteran team like the Spurs.

I don't really think we're in that place. But let's be real, we're never going to get him either way, so it doesn't really matter.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."